The CW's The Flash: Here's Your First Look at Grant Gustin in Full Costume! (PHOTO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Mar 11, 2014

A few weeks ago, The CW released the first image of Grant Gustin in costume for its highly anticipated in-the-works Arrow spin-off pilot, The Flash. It featured a smiling Gustin, but only showed the head of his suit. At the time, many of you said you'd reserve judgement until you saw the full outfit, so I hope you've done your judging stretches and worked those finger muscles, because we now have the first full image of Grant Gustin as Barry Allen as the Flash:

As Arrow fans already know, the potential series centers on Gustin's Barry Allen, an assistant from the Central City Police Department's Criminal and Forensic Science Division who ends up with superspeed after a freak accident at S.T.A.R. Labs. Gustin appeared as Allen in two episodes of Arrow this season, the latter of which served as the Flash's origin story and gave Allen his powers. 

The Flash's new look was created by Colleen Atwood, an Oscar-winning costume designer who also did Oliver's costume on Arrow. What do you think of the full suit? Is it practical? Does it come with built-in fans to keep the Flash cool when he super-speeds all over the place? But more importantly, does it look like it rides up?

thekaitling:list:what-do-you-think-of-the-flashs-full-costume/

• Comments (86)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • fujin_mage Mar 20, 2014

I smell EPIC FLOP in the wind...
    I think its gonna suck

• lifeofpi Mar 12, 2014

I like it, not loving it until I see it in the screen.
    I highly recomend the movie Justice League: The Flash Point Paradox If you want to see the Reverse Flash in play. This movie was so, so great.

Also, rumor has it (or maybe it's official now) that Harley Quinn character will appear iin the next episodes of Arrow. Wow. Fangirling, very hard right now. Arrow is now the catalog of DC Universe coming to life. God Bless this show or like people said the gods of tv.

• ADragonsDream Mar 12, 2014

Not diggin' the suit. Arrow has been very grounded and "real" (ok, real for a comic book show) and that includes the costumes. This seems to be saying "screw it, lets look like a comic book" which, for me, totally blows the immersion I get when watching Arrow. Perhaps if it served some logical function (keeping his temperature down or reducing friction or something) then fine, but the logo and the ear bolts? ugh.

• rmoxon Mar 18, 2014

Unlike Geeen Arrow, the flash has actual super powers, and you're expecting a realistic show?

Hopefuly this will be grounded in reality, like any good story is, but it's the Flash, and he has super speed.

• MichelleHood24 Mar 12, 2014

I love it ahhhhhhh I can't wait.

• CindyGagnon Mar 12, 2014

I wonder if the crotch is made out of kevlar :P

• bobsimon71697 Mar 12, 2014

Not lovin' the suit. Love the Flash. One of my favorite comics. I really liked the old Flash tv series. The lightning bolt Ear thingies, great for the comic, but why would anyone go through the trouble of putting them on a suit. Unless their shlacked in super glue, all they're going to do is fall off over time. It's impractical. And the suit has definitely to much red.

• Marburg66 Mar 12, 2014

I'm just one of those people who think there are comic book superheroes that have no business on the screen & should stay in the comic books. This just re-enforces my stance. It looks simply ridiculous

• dragon22a Mar 12, 2014

Not bad, I do wish they had gone with the yellow or gold boots and the lightning bolts around the forearms though. Can't really see if they went with the lightning bolt belt either, I hope its there otherwise it will really be a lot of red with nothing to cut it with.

• shocker713 Mar 12, 2014

Dawson's Dad wore it better.

• Boozwaa Mar 12, 2014

The whole outfit seems to have that 1950's look of a man from outer space....

• See More Comments (33)