Arthur

Show Reviews (193)

Great

The sick man of PBS Kids is on oxygen bottles.

By jake_heinz, Jan 12, 2015

As good of a run this show has/had, and as good of a show this is to pass on to kids (as others have stated, and as I would also love to do from my collection as well!), I also (AND EVEN I!) agree that they need to kibosh this show (or even better: keep it on, but have no more new seasons debuting), as it's really not getting any better and they just continue to repackage the same old plotlines, the new plotlines are lamer then ever as well, and the animation still stinks (and they still use the same crappy character models). Tell me something: if they want to continue to do this, WHY SHOULD PEOPLE CONTINUE WATCHING THE NEW SEASONS when they can watch those plotlines in the older episodes but in a better package, where EVERYTHING is better, not just the stoyline, the animation, voices, etc - EVERYTHING? The show is not improving overall, and they just care about getting something out, folks, whether it's good or not, and they see the show as a paycheck and a cash cow they can milk for every dime, and it's plainly obvious they aren't listening to anyone except sponsors, production snobs, and money-hungry bigwigs, despite the public's feedback and donations!

You guys probably thought I was just going to just give this show a one based on the title, didn't ya? I didn't want to go all out and just give this show a one because it's still good in itself and is still a hallmark of my cartoon collection for that reason, but minus the new junk. This would indeed be a ten if it wasn't for season 16-present, hence lucky number seven.moreless

My favorite show and I know it!

By schaitelh, Jan 08, 2015

This is awesome for kids. I think you can come watch this show on PBS immediately. People think it is their fan. 10 star shows carry big humor.

What used to be a fun educational show is now a big mess

By finnysohr, Dec 07, 2014

I started disliking this show since it's fourth season and it's already starting it's eighteenth season. Okay, seasons 4-8 were alright but they'll never beat the classics. I TRULY started disliking the series with season 9 when it switched studios to the Cookie Jar Group. I continued disliking it throughout seasons 9 through 15, with my dislike getting stronger every season.

But what REALLY made me downright HATE the show was season 16 and it's awful flash animation. That's what made me mad enough to write this review. Seasons 16 to present are absolutely terrible. The animation looks horrid. Arthur sounds like a girl. His voice sounded best in seasons 1-3 because the person who voice acted him in those seasons sounds his age.

Let's very briefly run down the seasons.

Seasons 1-3: 9/10 (The best seasons. Very recommended classics)

Seasons 4-8: 5/10 (Eh, they're alright. Feel free to watch them but you'll be bored mostly)

Seasons 9-11: 4/10 (Nah, don't watch. You'll fall asleep halfway through one episode)

Seasons 12-15: 3.5/10 (No. Just don't. They're extremely boring. Change the channel if you see it on)

Seasons 16-present: 0/10 (NEVER WATCH THESE ABOMINATIONS. PERIOD)

So as you can see, the show slowly degraded in quality for me. First it was good, then mediocre, then poor, then bad, and now it sucks. The characters are so annoying now. They're just trying to reference memes from the internet kids won't get. If you want good, check out Seasons 1-3. As well as a few rare shining episodes in seasons 4-8, but ignore everything else. I hope this review helped. Now for me to find something else to rip into.moreless

Alright from what I recall

By anastasia1243, Aug 30, 2014

Various ep (96-02)

I loved this show

By lootlimo, Feb 05, 2014

This show had good values, was funny, and educational. This show isn't just for kids, adults can watch it too. It went downhill starting with Season 15 and Season 16 is unwatchable now. The animation is awful and the plots are lazy written. This would get a 10 if it wasn't for Seasons 15 and 16.

Perfect for elementry school kids

By Raven77, Jan 17, 2014

Ideal idea of a young peoples show. All I am saying.

It went downhill

By Oldnickolodeon34, Dec 23, 2013

Arthur follows the life of a 3rd grader ardvark and his friends.

Arthur used to be one of the most popular and best PBS kids show. It teaches kids moralistic values and offers advice and education and the show even has a fair amount of humor. The seasons 1-10 episodes were great, the seasons 11-15 episodes were pretty good. Season 16 is poor. The format changed to flash and the episode plots are getting weaker and weaker every episode. I know there are dome cartoons that pulled off flash greatly, but Arthur is the exception, it looks terrible in flash. It seems like everyone is relying on flash for cartoons nowadays. In my opinion, I only like the older episodes of Arthur better, but I'd watch the newest ones over Barney any day. Overall rating: 8.5/10. Season 1-10: 10/10 Season 11-15: 8.4. Season 16-present: 1.5/10moreless

What a Wonderful Kind of Show!

By RyanGriffin1, Sep 29, 2013

Arthur is probably one of the classic shows anyone can remember! Great cast, great characters, great life lessons! It's amazing!

Would be a 10 if it weren't for Season 16.

By cookiesandmilk, Jul 28, 2013

First of all, let me just say that I love Arthur. I grew up watching it, and even though I'm 13 now, and way past its target audience, I continue to watch it.

This show was golden up until sometime during Season 15. That's when things started going downhill a bit. It seemed like they were running out of ideas for plots and they just weren't trying as hard. But Season 15 wasn't nearly as bad as the season that's running now. The new episodes are just terrible. The half-assed flash animation looks like total sh*t, the plots are as weak as ever, and it's plain obvious that Arthur and DW are being voiced by the same person due to not differentiating the two voices enough. Not to mention that annoying new character Ladonna who was obviously only brought in to have a plot for the season opener (since the writers clearly aren't giving a f*ck anymore).

I also don't like the way they pair up the new episodes. Usually both episodes will be centered around the same character. It almost seems that Arthur's become a supporting character. I haven't seen any episodes about him lately. They should just rename the show "Arthur's friends who no longer have interesting lives"

I think this show was at its best from 2001-2004. 1997-2000 was great, and 2005-2012 was pretty good. But late 2012-2013 sucks...

moreless