Astro Boy (2004)

Show Reviews (5)

Good

Return of a classic Japanese anime character is marred by episodes shown out of order in the US and with half of the series not even shown here. Despite this, it is still a favorite show of mine.

By SgtCuvie, Jan 13, 2006

Despit the review that follows, I do like this series and own the DVD release.

I had high hopes for the series when It was announced that the 2003 incarnation of Tetsuwan Atom (Mighty Atom or Iron Arm Atom) aka Astro Boy was going to be broadcast over here. However the series is marred by Sony and KidsWB/Cartoon Network in its release here. Half of the series is never shown and those that were shown are shown pretty much haphazardly. You have characters appearing in stories before their origin or intro episodes - Zoran, for example, appears in the Pluto two-parter, which aired before her origin episode.

Sadly, this state of affairs is continued on the DVD release. Only Discs 4 and 5 have anything approaching the original episode order. When I have some time, I will submit edits that will include the correct episode order that come straight from the Japanese co-producer/broadcaster's website.moreless

its ok i guess

By RiderEX, Dec 23, 2005

I like it but why would the mother want his son to be a robot? All i know is that astro boy go save people and maybe also robots.i wonder if astro boy go to heaven or hell. maybe all robots go to the garage heaven to be reused but the is ok nice animation.

It's a little different. But it's still good.

By Nikerz, Dec 11, 2005

Definatly not as good as the original, but my kids love it. I think it is cool that I used to watch the original 80s series when i was 5 years old and now my son who is 5 watches the new one. I did find a few things dissapointing,like where did Daddy Walrus go?? And Dr Elefun?? Hmmm??

I think personally that this was a beutifully made show. I do not know why people were turn off by this because it is a remake classic. I think this version is even better than the classic. If this is out on DVD, please check the series out.

By MarioDS01, Aug 18, 2005

I think this series is acuatually very well done. Sure the characters look goofy but is not by any means a comedy, it is more dramatic. It seems a lot of detail was put into the animation. I am really disappointed that the series seems to have been cancel so suddenly. I do not think the whole story was ever finished. I really wish that this can be reaired again.