Automan

Show Reviews (10)

Good
7.3

A nerd with a walking computer cop fighting crime

By twilightboy, Jan 02, 2013

Automan what a cool name and a cool show, I would sit and watch all the episodes (11 in total) over and over again when I was just a boy. You gotta love how Automan drives in his autocar? causing Walter to be thrown all over the interior of the car, specially on the windows.

Cursor was also a dream robot/machine/gadget for all the kids, we all wanted one.

Sadly the show didn't last long, who knows why. I don't remember plots or anything exactly all i remember are the cool things cursor created and Automan's psychedelic suit.

Lots and lots of fun show.moreless

Automan - 2012

By KevinOkey, Jan 18, 2012

This would be a great series to come back in 2012, its got a great story line, and with the tech we have today as opposed to 1983 (wifi, cell phones, advanced computers, I - Phones) automan would be limitless :)

"Off the wall" certainly doesn't begin to describe this short-lived show.

By bdllbo, Jan 08, 2007

Funny and innovative, a cop creates a computer intelligence capabale of assuming human form only at night when power consumption from the grid is at a minimum. Well-acted, this show was cancelled after only one season. The title character is the world's first "automatic man" who glows blue from the neck down due to his computer interface. He has superhuman abilities such as interacting with computers, strength, agility, and creating inanimate objects from pure energy. It was a fun show while it lasted, and probably would have lasted longer had the show been less kooky. One of my favorite shows as a kid.moreless

who came up with this

By CAPNDEL, May 24, 2006

this could quite possibly be the worst sci-fi show from the 1980's. i realize computers hadn't come along as far as they have today, but my god this show was crap. i'd like to know how much money they spent producing this show. i wasn't suprised it only lasted a few episodes.

bring it back. this was great tv. plus people will finally know what i was talking about

By vonda2499, Mar 18, 2006

just as the others that remember this show. I thouhgt I was crazy. No one ever knows what i am talking about when i mention it. It took me four years to even remember thename. I used to really enjoy this show and with the tech today this could really be a great show. It was definatly before its time that is why only a few of us geeks ever saw it.

Like the Zero bloke above, I think I was the only one who ever watched it.

It would be good to have another look, and to show everyone else that I'm not mad... There really was a show called Automan.

By stevesharp25, Mar 11, 2006

Can't remember a single episode... Although I do remember loving the show.

It might've been the bright lights... Possibly the fast car/s?

It might have been the fact that, apparently, I was only four years old when it started and subsequently had its abrupt ending.

Could you compare the show to Knight Rider?

Well I'm gonna anyway...

By zero-shadow, Feb 05, 2006

I always loved this show, tried to ask my friends about it and they had never heard of it...thought I was going mad until I found this. I remember the car with the blue outline....used to be awesome back then!!! :) Would love to watch an episode again, but can't find one anywhere!

In the ligth of the the great remake of Battlestar galactica, this show is Defently worth of a remake as well.

By yehiel, Dec 04, 2005

As i recall, this show didnt last long, after we learned about automan,curser and the cool gadgets he could cojure, the show was over.

With the cg, sepcial FX and art of today, this show could shine....some thing need to be updated thaught... but not neccecerly, since Pacman was a great game back then, the car automan drove simulate 90 degrees turn, well, now he could have a wipeout sort of vehicle.

the show could be a combination of what the future is and what we wanted it to be 2 decades ago.

it seems kinda of funny the thing that looked so fantastic to us as childrens than when you grow up.moreless

that was one of the best shows I watched as a kid. desey arnez jr. is a great actor,automan was my most favorite of shows along with the startrek captain james t. kirk-I hated starwars it sucked,to many bad guys.

By joeykills, Jun 12, 2005

My review for this hit t.v. series is an A+, I especially liked the car and helicopter, even though you se more of the car than you do the helicoptor, it was kind of a spin off of tron I think but much better graphics and some people just don't get it any more,good guys always win in the movies! good plots, bring it back!