Baby Blues

Show Reviews (12)

Great

Just read the comic strip instead

By Gryphon-Guide, Sep 22, 2014

My family (myself included) are fans of the comic strip Baby Blues. I ranked it close to Calvin and Hobbes, the Far Side, Fox Trot, and others. We were excited about this then new series coming out but were sorely disappointed. It lacked the charm, wit, wisdom, actual humor, and overall enjoyment found in the comic strip. I only recall a couple of times something was worth laughing at. The animation was done very well but the content was not edifying at all. The voices were annoying, the stories were very anywhere from lacking, sleazy, to just bland. This show is a failure in so many ways.

Why was the show a failure? First the original creators had little creative control and some executives (and perhaps some writers) tried to make it more like the Simpsons and stuff like it. Problem is that' not what made Baby Blues a success in the first place. After 3 or 4 episodes my family figured this show wasn't worthy of our attention. I quickly got bored and entertained myself. Even my brother stated how much this show bombed. Boy was he ever right, the show wasn't worthy of the comic or of any fan's attention and was quickly cancelled for good reasons. I fear that this experience will scare the creators away from other adaptions, proof in the link below.

In a nutshell, stay away from this show. You'll at best be bored/disappointed and disgusted if you admire the original comic strip.moreless

its okay

By tjtalman, Aug 02, 2010

i don't remember anything about this show but 5 years ago i gave it 7.2 put of 10. so it most have been decent of a show. I have nothing more to say so goodbye.

I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am great I am greatmoreless

Part Simpsons part King of the Hill

By ssimonds1, Apr 21, 2007

I love the comic strip, and the show was just as good. I wish it would have lasted long enough to add at least Hammie to the cast. Im glad the writers stayed close to the original comic strip. Being a father I could really relate to the situations and senerios.

This is one of the few times You'll see a SNL alum working with someone from Mad TV, Julia Sweeny and Nicole Sullivan. These two ladies were always strong on the sketch comedy shows they were on and thier work here is just as strong. If i'm not mistaken, one of Bill Murray's brothers palys the next door neighbor. Strong work there as well.

Babt Blues is not as over the top as the Simpsons or Family Guy, but it's realism only added to the show. It died befor it's time.moreless

By t1g3ara76, Apr 13, 2006

Baby Blues is one scoop teen drama, one scoop quirky comedy and one scoop away from solving the big mystery. The cherry on top is they were, the Baby Blues's creator and executive producer. I love love love love love love this show very very very very very much..

It was so cool, and funny!

By kitty_girl_123, Feb 15, 2006

I loved the comic strips in the newspaper. So that's why I thought this show would be instrasting, and it was. Darryl and Wanda have their new baby girl,and try to raise her right. They have a hired nanny named Bizzy to help out them out. Their next door neighbors are the exact oppisite on how they want to be, but they still talk to them. Meanwhile at work, Darryl has someone to talk to, but he really doesn't like him that much. I want to see more of this show, it was so good!moreless

not bad but needs work

By Er0KSeinfeldfan, Dec 16, 2005

the episodes can be okay but it can be preatty harsh sometimes. It's annoying just seeing the same episodes over and over again. They have some good lines and some memorable episodes, but it definitely needed some work. I would still recomended it, especially to someone who loves cartoons.

EROK

They should kick Smallvile and 7th Heaven off and bring back Baby Blues, Oblongs, and the misunderstood Mission Hill( or on [adult swim] Inuasha, FLCL, and Samouri Champloo ).

By gloobadude, Oct 01, 2005

A show about a normal family. Theres a baby, a mom, and a dad. Sounds boring right, WRONG! With all the neighbors, the job, and the odd babysitter, this how turns out to be funny! So it turns out that this was a great show that got canceled to soon because the BOSS IS A BIG FU*KER!

Right on the Money

By ReneeCK, Aug 26, 2005

I am so disappointed that someone hasn't picked up this cartoon depiction of real life. The cartoon strip was introduced to us during our first pregnancy and the truth of it came to us more and more as we expanded and grew our family. I know that the creators ask readers for their experiences and then turn them into strips and it really works.

The show was able to spend more time developing plots, characters, and personalities. We hadn't really gotten to know the neighbors who are the anti-Wanda and Daryl. How many of us are living in THAT situation?

Word to the execs, reality sells, and this is reality in a cartoon. If it was on at a time when moms can watch, it'd go through the roof!moreless

Baby Blues was a great t.v. show that got taken off becouse it never got any attention.

By Homerdaman, Aug 14, 2005

Baby Blues was and still is a great show. It's nice to watch on Friday nights on TBS and is still funny. I love the first episode with Carl showing Rodney how to shoot a bow in the backyard and many other countless gags. It has many good episodes and is much better than family guy, which got another chance to get back on the air. How come a good show like this didn't get it's 2nd chance? The comic strip is also good, but Carl was an increadible character that really entertained me. His family was great for the show and it needs to come on back.moreless

Load More Reviews