Babylon 5

Show Reviews (126)

Great

Real good show!

By jamesw306, May 21, 2014

When it first came on gave it thumbs down but after awhile became big fan of the series

Yes.. it's geeky as hell.. get past that and you will find gold!

By rylan69, Dec 29, 2012

Great series with a rich plot full of twist and turns, with interesting, bizarre and wonderful characters!

One of the best TV shows in existence, if not the best.

By Clemontine, Nov 14, 2012

One of Babylon 5's strongest points is the characters, the not so cliched characters. Unique and not transparent. The opinions we developed of them in the first season undoubtedly drastically changed by the end of the show. Nothing is what it seems, as G'Kar often said, making every plot twist that much more unexpected.

And the not so cliched bad guys. They werent just 'evil' for no apparent reason. They had reasons, and they all thought they were doing the right thing, making them so much more difficult to overcome.

The mystery in season 2 and 3 is exhilarating, and the way the show only gave us clues for the first two years. Everything just built up. The show started slow, like a regular episodic sci-fi at first, entertaining, but no big deal. But then conspiracies began to unravel, tension built until it felt like it was going to explode! and it did.

I would say it is a space opera, but perhaps with fewer cliched elements than usual, and somewhat more plausible.moreless

Remake Yes? No?

By SuperStrutsen, Aug 17, 2012

Remake, try a remake bsg did grate

JMS=sci-fi lord

B5-Best show ever!

sorry for bad writing im from Venus :)

Great believer

By KimberlyDwinn, Jul 20, 2012

Best show ever!!!! will revisit many times:):)

B5 ended after 3.5 seasons then limped to a second ending after another 1.5 seasons!

By fivish, May 05, 2012

B5 took a whole season to get to the point of the show. Then after another season and a half it ended. Well it should have. But for some reason it started up again and pointlessly limped along for another one and a half seasons to a pathetic conclusion. B5 had too many filler episodes and not enough meat on the arc episodes. It had poor scripts and wooden acting. I dont know why I bothered to watch every episode as it was very tedious. Star Trek was so much better.moreless

Definetly a masterpiece of grace and simplicity. A true classic.
    Babylon 5 is simply one of the Greater displays of film making.

By sk_razor, Jan 06, 2012

Incredible writing. You know those television moments that seem fake, artificial and constructed without much coherence? Fear not - you will get almost none of those with B5.

If you like something of substance that honestly tries explore what the near future could look like for humans - this is it. You get to watch it start and you get to watch it end.

The story is so well crafted that the writers have accounted for almost any kind of event to be accommodated by the main plot. You can not understand that when watching the show as everything is running smoothly. The script was so well written that they could have and on occasion they did write off characters and actors out of the film with practically no damage to the series.

Acting is not the one crafted to artificially impress the audience - but the kind where things go naturally.

The series is more about social development than sci-fi. So if you need the constant flashy cgi bits and ludicrous stunts. Its not for you.

It is the finest show I've ever seen in my life. Even people who dislike the substance compliment it on a job well done.moreless

Not like anything you've seen before.. or since for that matter.

By hallrobk, Nov 08, 2011

This series was unique.. and still is. The ONLY television series written like a novel with a beginning a middle and an END. Planned with a 5 year story arc right from the beginning. I watched every episode live when it came out and haven't watched it for almost 15 years now, but I STILL remember it. You won't be disappointed. It is NOT one of those series that ropes you in.. and never ends..like they seem to like doing these days...leaving story lines unresolved.. until the show gets canceled. If you watch Babylon 5, when you're done you will have that same feeling you get when you turn the last page of the last chapter of a fantastically written novel.. that feeling you get when you close the book and think.. aahh.. now THAT's how things should be done! That's B5.moreless

I love this show & never missed one program of this show bcz its my favorite movie of all time. I wish that it came back on television that I can watch it again please bcz I would love to see it again on tv.

By HeatherDWeber, Nov 08, 2011

I love babylon 5 bcz its my number 1 favorite movie & television program in the whole wide world & never missed an tv program of this show & wish that it came back on television that I can watch it again please bcz I would love to see it again on tv. I don't think my sister Tiffany Weber has ever seen this program before but I wish that it was back on tv so my sister Tiffany Weber could have the chance to see this program please can u guys put it back on tv please for me & the rest of the fans that love Babylon 5 too please.moreless

Load More Reviews