Barney and Friends

Show Reviews (148)

Poor
4.6

Okay, but this show is for the tiny kids

By schaitelh, Apr 04, 2015

For little kids, but still important for children who like it.

Barney the Best

By gregtcomrie, Mar 14, 2015

I have a 2 year old and she watches nothing else but Barney. I am glad she hates spongebob as there is nothing educational about it. Barney is the best.

A show that I still love

By pentagirl19, Feb 26, 2015

I grow up watching Barney I still like to watch the old cast of barney and friends the ones with tina lucy shawn dareck michael kathy because that was one Barney was great!

Kids' show, without the kid moments.

By jasonhaddad142, Feb 14, 2015

Beware of the cursing, violence and innuendo, parents !!! This show is just as bad as Family Guy, South Park, and TMZ.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!

By christianhaye, Jan 25, 2015

Before we had Dora we had Barney. It's about a creepy purple dinosuar that comes to life by "imagination" and everything else is circled around it as well. Life doesn't work like that, you have to ACTUALLY do it and not just imagine it, this show fails to tell you that. Wait a minute, wa----------it I minute, maybe barney is a evil dinosuar hit by some kyrptonite that fell out from space 1,000,000,000 million years ago right before the intincxtion of dinosuars, he then turned purple given powers to go to the future and when to a daycare he then brainwashed the children their with his powers keeeping them from the truth. Another thing did you check out when this show was created, yeah it wasn't funny XD To top it, after the nightmare is FINALLY over it ends with one of the most ANNOYING songs in history!

It's a baby show however, I could care less about them honestly.moreless

Joy to the world, for Barney is dead!

By Murvine_Taylor, Dec 05, 2014

I remember watching this show as a little kid, but I also remember not liking it too much. I honestly don't care that Barney got cancelled. SpongeBob is 1,000,000 times better, even the post-movie seasons. Just like Dora The Explorer, I don't really see why Barney got to be a long runner. Well, I am not a little kid anymore, so I will never understand. I do, however, find one positive thing in this show: the theme song. It is so catchy. Overall this show gets a 1.5/10. Murvine_Taylor, out!moreless

Annoying and a bad example for kids

By NothingButAwesome, Aug 27, 2014

On one episode he says its OK to steal!!! And he went to jail twice due to these reasons at a kid. his producer.

If you like Barney then you need to look up the show buddy. I would rather watch that whiny brat Caillou.

A word to parents out there: Do NOT let your children watch Barney!

By KingKool18436, Aug 24, 2014

I only got one word to describe this: TERRIFYING!

So basically here, Barney teaches you to chat, become friends with, and even hug strangers! Don't the creators and writers know that will likely make children get kidnapped because of that?

Also at the end of every episode, Barney sings a somewhat irritating song named "I love you". Ugh, that just makes me sick. Who would love a satanic, scary purple dinosaur that brainwashes several kids?

Another thing to add is that the characters (which are probably school children) do nothing but play with Barney. I'm not sure if they skipped school, which hints a bad influence on kids.

So far the characters are ALWAYS spotted eating junk food. So that is telling us the only thing you should eat in this planet is fat, sugary food. That's just wrong! Why does Sprout STILL show reruns of this?

Barney says it's okay and good to steal and cheat. No, I'm being serious here. If you want me to repeat that again, here it is: According to Barney, he says it's okay to steal and cheat.

So let me get this straight. Alright, imagine you are at your local game store and you see a game that's $59.99. However, all you have is 49 cents, but you say this in your mind, "Oh wait! Barney said stealing is fine!" so you snatch it from the shelve and run off. Hours later, you get arrested by the cops and later in court, all you can say is, "Barney made me do it".moreless

i agree with the other people who think barney is creepy!

By alyyiki, Aug 01, 2014

i wasnt really alowed to watch it growin up.

newsflash: not everyone likes u! u dont give random people hugs,or u will get kidnapped!

he is very creepy, and stupid. it taught a litlte bit of love, but still stupid

First 3 seasons were okay

By demariusbridg, Jul 19, 2014

I remember when I first starting watching barney, which was during the sixth season. I was about four years old at the time so I actually enjoyed that crap.

Barney isn't an all around bad show, unless you've watched any episode after the third season. They never taught much educational things, but it was still entertaining to watch.

I've been watching Barney with my niece for months now and she really enjoys it. I kind of tuned out the show completely after they replaced the original kids from the first three seasons. It was just unbearable to watch after that in my opinion with all those new kids.

So all in all, don't watch this show. If you do decide to watch it anyways, stick to the first three seasons, the third being the best one. There's very little educational value in the show, and mainly is about kids with bogus smiles who sing about candy and friends and nature and all that shit.moreless

Load More Reviews