Barney and Friends

Show Reviews (140)

Poor
4.6

i agree with the other people who think barney is creepy!

By alyyiki, Aug 01, 2014

i wasnt really alowed to watch it growin up.

newsflash: not everyone likes u! u dont give random people hugs,or u will get kidnapped!

he is very creepy, and stupid. it taught a litlte bit of love, but still stupid

First 3 seasons were okay

By demariusbridg, Jul 19, 2014

I remember when I first starting watching barney, which was during the sixth season. I was about four years old at the time so I actually enjoyed that crap.

Barney isn't an all around bad show, unless you've watched any episode after the third season. They never taught much educational things, but it was still entertaining to watch.

I've been watching Barney with my niece for months now and she really enjoys it. I kind of tuned out the show completely after they replaced the original kids from the first three seasons. It was just unbearable to watch after that in my opinion with all those new kids.

So all in all, don't watch this show. If you do decide to watch it anyways, stick to the first three seasons, the third being the best one. There's very little educational value in the show, and mainly is about kids with bogus smiles who sing about candy and friends and nature and all that shit.moreless

I can't believe this show is still aired!

By I-want-Milk, Jun 23, 2014

Barney is a "CUTE PURPLE DINOSAUR" In ancient rome, there was no "u"s but "v"s instead, Which makes it to CVTE PVRPLE DINOSAVR If you extract the roman numbers and add them up. You will get satan's number "666". This show teaches little kids to love everybody even strangers and ALL they eat in this show is JUNK food! Oh my god, Why!? Barney's looks are creepy and disturbing to look at. There was even an famous episode called "Stranger is a friend you haven't met" Thats sending the message to kids thinking strangers don't exist and kids get kidnapped nowadays because of this hideous demon! I haven't watched this show but I listened to the I love you song, It's horrible! Don't even WATCH this show with your KIDS. EVER.

He even said that cheating is creative thinking, You seriously want kids to cheat by using creative thinking?

Picture that you are in school having to do a test and then you think "Oh wait, I forgot Barney said it's creative thinking!" Then, You get in trouble for doing it. What would you say? "Barney made me do that!"

It's brainwashing kids actually in this show! WATCH shows that aren't like barney and friends.

Believe me, That is unhealthily and dangerous to watch it! It's the truth, Believe me it with your eyes.

Some people have claimed that barney is satan In fact, He isn't really satan. He's just evil. Just simple.

If you getting yourself the chance by watching it, Don't even do it! I give all f+'s due to his evilness and how he taught kids the wrong way!

If you look up barney's theme song backwards you will hear a demonic message about it.

Go on youtube, if you want proof! More like burney and Frieds. huh? United status of america government, please. Ban this show quick as you can right now, Thank you. Why did PBS green-light this show!? Do they know that barney is satanic and evil? What are they thinking? I don't know why! Even sesame street is bad too! Though, it get's worse in newer episodes. Not joking. Barney even tells kids that even if you are sad, eat ice cream! Yes, I know candy and other junk food are supposed to make you happy. but TOO much in this show then getting all little kids fat and thinking magic solves everything, what the hell who think that is real!? Barney teaches nothing but loving everybody (even strangers) & telling kids that stealing is okay is WRONG and is a CRIME! Even A one year old doesn't believe that magic solves everything! Barney teaches that being single is wrong. It is NOT wrong and that's okay if you are single, I'm single and that's NOT wrong at all! He has even specifically said that "stealing is okay if the person you steal from doesn't mind" (copied and pasted one of them from imdb reviews) Honesty, The heath food song is a LIE all of the food in this tv show like i said above is bad!

Okay, I'm done writing this review. Now I will enjoy and move on some new things and pretend that barney didn't exist.moreless

As a kid, I would always rather watch Teletubbies.

By leviwellsy, Jun 16, 2014

I always thought Teletubbies was better than this garbage show. I always thought Barney was just a boring excuse for a kids show. Also, Barney and Friends is just CREEPY!

AAAAAH!!! My eyes and ears!

By Oldnickolodeon34, May 24, 2014

This is the worst show ever known to mankind. Apparently this show is suppose to be educational. How? What is this show supposed to teach All Barny is teaching kids is to be happy and nothing much else. Barney thinks that everyone on the world is happy and nobody is a jerk, while he is wrong on so many levels. There are cruel, harsh and cold people out there, some people are even mean-spirited for no reason. He also says that everyone you meet is your friend and strangers don't exist, while strangers do exist, the people who were not familiar with are best to be labeled as strangers, and believe me Barney, there are thousands of people out there who you surely wouldn't want to become friends with due to their mean spirit. The songs are so annoying and childish, and they repeat them in every episode especially the "I Love You" song. Barney is annoying and a really bad influence for kids. The show also has a huge lack of logic. For example, how can a dinosaur play with kids at a playground? Aren't dinosaurs extinct? Shouldn't these kids be in school, or are they ditching it? Rally bad influence for kids. Don't show Barney to your children, he will give them nightmares. Luckily, he never scared me as a kid, but I still fear for parent's children out there watching this.moreless

I was 8 yrs old when this show came out....

By panteirra84, Mar 27, 2014

And i thought it was the most re-tarded show i've ever seen. I'm surprised it hasn't cancelled yet. They're so repetitious with their song, dance, and educating that I felt like i was watching the same things in different episodes. Barney's not even funny and never was and they're teaching kids things they already learned before they even went to preschool. And in some of those episodes when one of the kids was either grieving over a loss or was having a bad day, there was too much of the "just kiss the boo-boo away" attitude, which DOESN'T help children to cope with their problems at all. And telling kids that a stranger is a friend you haven't met and to love everybody is sending the wrong message to kids. I not only learned not to trust strangers, but i also learned to be careful even trusting people i know and what kind of parent in their right mind would want their kids to love someone that bullies them, beats them like a wild animal, rapes them, is a dangerous criminal, or puts them in danger? and the kids kissing an adult dinosaur seems one step away from being pedophile to memoreless

Barney is responsible for most of the problems involving kids in America today

By Review-o-tron, Jan 24, 2014

This purple demon is responsible for the most of the problems involving kids we have in America today, here's the problems and how

CHILD ABDUCTION - Barney is telling us "A stranger is a friend you haven't met". That is basically telling them there are no bad people (I know they're little kids and they don't understand murderers, thieves, But all the other educational shows, books and even our parents have said "Never talk to strangers". So picture this - you're a two-year-old Barney viewer, you're at the playground in the sandbox and a man walks up to you and says "Hey you, you wanna come with me?" and you say "Yes, because you're a friend I haven't met". And your parents look up from a newspaper or magazine they were reading and see you getting into the man's car. And the parents run up to the car but they make it there too late. You've been kidnapped.

OBESITY - The only food they eat on the show is junk food. This is teaching kids that the only kind of food in the world you can eat is sugary foods. And our parents have always said that junk food is bad for us. So when we're one or two, our minds are completely open. And when we see those kids on Barney eating nothing but junk, we think that's the only kind of food in the world. So, later in life when you've eaten nothing but sugar in your life so far, you become overweight, obese, or maybe even have diabetes.

KIDS STEALING AND CHEATING - According to Barney, cheating is "creative thinking". So cheating on tests by writing the answers on your arm is "creative"? Our parents have always told us that cheating is wrong. Also according to Barney, stealing is "okay as long as the person you stole from doesn't know it's gone". Don't even get me started on this. STEALING IS OKAY?!!! So say you're a one-year-old Barney viewer with a mind completely open and you hear Barney say that. Years later, you're in a video game store and you find a game that you really want but you don't have enough money for it. Then you think "Wait a minute, didn't someone tell me as a baby stealing is okay?". So you shoplift the video game and you get caught and arrested. What you would you say? "The purple dinosaur made me do it"?.

ADULT/CHILDREN RELATIONSHIPS - Revert you back to the previous quote "A stranger is a friend you haven't met". Also Barney is also teaching children that they should love everyone and give everyone a big kiss on the cheek. So picture this - you're a two-year-old Barney viewer and you're at the playground in the sandbox and a man walks up to you and you stand up and give him a kiss on the cheek, after that the man gets a strange (you know what I mean) look on his face and asks you if you would like to go with him and well, I think you can see where I'm going from here.

So what the heck was PBS thinking when then greenlit this for a series? Another issue is that the purple dinosaur is mega creepy with the smile and voice and will give your child nightmares. So if there are any parents of youngsters or expectant parents reading this, I strongly recommend putting on something actually educational such as Sesame Street. And if could give negative numbers as their ratings, this would get a negative -1000.moreless

Good for toddlers and preschoolers

By RyanGriffin1, Sep 29, 2013

Pretty good life lessons. Great songs, great kids, and really encourages people to be better in life

This is NOT a useful kids show

By Raven77, Aug 21, 2013

You see, the 2000 show Franklin was a good kid show. Why is this not being said about Barney? Barney seems to act like one of those way overprotective parents who over censors stuff. I know kids very young should not learn about major problems in life but they should also learn life can be uneasy at times. At least in Franklin, they admitted that there are problems in life but Barney just shakes it off, denies it and sings ear bleeding songs to cover up the problems of life. I dont feel sad to hear that this show got cancelled. PBS should have tried to make this show more real life like in a PG way.moreless

Load More Reviews