Bat Masterson

Show Reviews (5)

Great

bat masterson

By edjepsen1, Jul 20, 2014

a great show they don't make many good shows anymore

Ahead of its time!

By PeterRock, Feb 23, 2007

Bat Masterson was one of the greats of the early tv westerns.

With his gold-tipped cane, derby hat, cocky banter, and eye for the ladies, Bat was perhaps the precursor to James West in the later Wild Wild West tv series. To this day, I can not get the Bat Masterson theme song entirely out of my head because it was so catchy!

Not exactly a bad way to past time. Although I have had more enjoyable moments.

By mynameistom, Jun 28, 2006

Not exactly a bad way to past time. Although I have had more enjoyable moments. Bat Masterson does have its high points although I certainly wished there were more of them. It left me bored not long after I was exposed to it and that certainly is not saying something entirely positive about it. Nonetheless, it is very well packaged so a 7 rating I feel is very fair.

His name was Bat.

By Boot_Hill, Jun 17, 2006

Gene Barry played Bat Masterson in this half-hour western series from the late 50s. Bat was a lawman, scout, gambler -- you name it and Bat did it; usually with class and style. He'd rather outwit the bad guys than get in a gunfight with them. That way he'd still be looking good for the ladies. Bat liked women and most of them liked him right back.

Bat Masterson was an actual real live person back in the Old West, but I'm sure the producers of this show took a lot of liberties with the facts. Big deal -- facts just get in the way of a good story.moreless