A&E Checks In for a Third Season of Bates Motel

By Tim Surette

Apr 07, 2014

Attention all you pervs who are into weird mother-son relationships: You've got some company in A&E, as the network has renewed its original drama Bates Motel for a 10-episode third season. 

The creepy Psycho prequel continues to be A&E's number-one drama among the all-important 18-49 demographic. It moves on without its brief scheduling neighbor Those Who Kill, which A&E pulled from its schedule and swept over to Lifetime Movie Network after two low-rated episodes.

Bates Motel, which is executive-produced by Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin, is currently five episodes into its second season. The series stars Freddie Highmore as a teenage Norman Bates and Vera Farmiga as his mother, Norma. Farmiga was nominated for an Emmy last year for her wacko performance in the role.

Have you been keeping up with Bates Motel

• Comments (28)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • SaskiaQueen May 01, 2014

Just started watching this amazing show!

I hope we get at least one Norma/Alex make out scene in season 3. I never liked Norma with Zack or George, I had such high hopes of Zack ending up with Dylan, but he’s dead now, so there goes my fantasy down the drain.

• KayWatkins Apr 21, 2014

Yes I've been keeping up and I wish TV.com would review! Love this show!

• MarlboroMagpi Apr 08, 2014

I loved the premiere of season two but after that for a few episodes it dropped in quality but I am glad episode five and six brought it up again. As much as I liked Kenny Johnson, that story did not work and I am glad he is gone.

• sroberts461 Apr 08, 2014

Great News! When I first heard the concept for this show I wrote it off immediately, thinking that a series about the early life of Norman Bates and his mother would be utterly boring. How wrong was I! I eventually binge-watched the first series and was blown away by Vera Farmiga. She gives a stunning performance of an emotionally dysfunctional woman and combined with Freddie Highmore, they both play their emotionally abusive relationship to perfection. Added to this, it holds up just as well watching it with a weekly break.

• MarlboroMagpi Apr 08, 2014

I agree with you. I did started the show since season one and was hook on it. Freddie Highmore is wonderful as well and the supporting characters hold their own. I

• Svanehjerte Apr 08, 2014

I love this show! I don't understand why people think Norma is wacko though. After all the crap that's happened to her in her life she is pretty sane if you ask me. Norman is the wacko and the little perve of course...

• mylok Apr 08, 2014

Excellent, now we need a Third Hannibal Season as well!

• DrSpongejr Apr 08, 2014

great news!

• mekare06 Apr 08, 2014

great news!!

• terminaltrip421 Apr 07, 2014

thank goodness (and A&E.;) posters at the IMDB forum were worrying which had me worrying. this show deserves to live on.

• AlanFinkelst Apr 07, 2014

Vera Farmiga is utterly amazing in this role. She should win an EMMY and Golden Globe next year.

• See More Comments (6)