House & Garden

Episode Reviews (2)

Superb

Lost Dream

By sh811a, May 29, 2011

This is my favorate episode of the show because it has an emotional and tragic sensbility to it, it was also one of the best horror drama's I've seen in a long time. The whole theme of the episode is mainly about Lost Dreams.

This of coruse is a further character study on the character Pamala/Poison Ivy, what I like about it is we see her charcter's humanity and can't help but feel sad for her from some of the begining to the end. She was always one of the most unique villains because she never really desired money or to take over the world, it was more as though she wanted to make everything around her better. But what made her villianous was how she was trying to get it, she can't see clearly the corrupt nature of her actions. In this episode we see she desire what most of us desire, which is love. We see she wants simple things which are to have a husband, children of her own, house, all of the goodies.

It's reveals that her powers have a price, her enhansed imune system has made her sterile which means she can't have children. We of course see her have all those things she desires, they fit like a glove she seems like a more whole and human person. I'll admit for a little while I wanted to believe that all of what I was seeing for that character was real, but as an old saying goes there are some things that are just too good to be true.

We descover a secret that is chilling where her family isn't realy but actually what may be considered in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" as pod people produced seedling clones that unfortunately evolve into giant plant monsters. There is one scene in that revelation which is probably the most chlling moment in not just Batman but animation in general when we see the pods hatch with the clones, I'll admit it just turned my blood cold. But though this desperate and insane act Ivy learns the hard way that a foundation built on lies can not stand. The tragedy of Ivy is she can have all those things she desires but she can't have them due to her main character flaw that holds her back which is narsism, she wanted things to go her way so badly that we've seen she has created an elaborate delusion to fit here needs. She obviously never heard or accepted a common truth in life which is that things don't always go our way but they don't for a reason, and it's up to us to find that reason and act upon it. The final images of seeing Ivy look at a photo album and then sees the photo of her married with the doctor and two boys and then she produces tears and a couple of them fall on the picture. I'll admit that part broke my heart a little and made me tear up a bit, because in that moment we know that Poison Ivy knows she is seeing a dream, a dream that may be lost to her forever.moreless