Crossroads, Part 1

Episode Reviews (27)

Great

Crossroads, Part 1

By TrueTvWatcher, Jan 22, 2012

Crossroads, Part 1 was intense, beautiful, insane, and awesome! I really enjoyed watching this episode because Baltar's trial begins and there were some major revelations. It was interesting to see how people react and interact with each other in these types of circumstances. Lee tries to follow the path of good and right only to be questioned and put down by those he stands for, while he did tear some of them down perhaps. Lee had some major relationship issues with his father and Dee by the end of this episode. Colonel Tigh is put on the stand and his testimony was only the beginning. I think I picked up on clues to who some of the Final Five Cylons may be and perhaps God if that is ever revealed, and I feel there were many references to how humans and Cylons are connected. I certainly look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!moreless

Perfect

By dognamedmoses, Aug 26, 2011

Absolutely perfect. This is what scifi is all about. 4 Cylons, is the President the fifth? Kara is back with great news, or suspicious news? The trial is over, where is Baltar going now? Will we see his lawyer again? Lee is back in the ship, will Adama reinstitute him? What is the significance of Hera? What will the final "4" do now? Will they find earth? Will there be a fifth season?

All these questions and yet I am completely satisfied. Jamie Bamber proved himself as an actor with his testimony. This show has elevated itself to a new level.

I can't wait till next week.moreless

Baltar's trial begins.

By Writer2000, Aug 26, 2011

Let me just start out by saying that I consider this episode one of my favorite episodes from season three, and I personally think that this episode was one of the best episodes of season three. My favorite story line for this episode was definitely Roslin's, and I was stunned by the reveal that her cancer has returned. That scene was so well done. It was very well written and very well acted by Mary McDonnell. I also loved James Callis' performance as Baltar in this episode just like I always do. I thought that he had some really great lines in this episode. All in all, I absolutely loved this episode, and every time I watch it reminds me of why I fell in love with the show Battlestar Galactica in the first place.moreless

This episode starts out with silliness. I mean, Baltar as a savior??? You gotta be kidding me!!!

By scifirantergirl, Apr 24, 2011

Baltar is getting increasingly slimier. He's always had a fun factor to him but now he's getting creepy and pathetic. Awesome right? :D

How do we measure loss? Riveting presentation by the prosecutor. I can't believe that 5,197 people died on New Caprica. That is a ridiculous amount of people that died for nothing. Looking at the previews, they are going to let Baltar off. That's the only thing that could get a response like shown in the previews. Speaking of the upcoming episode, SciFi Wire of all places, let everyone know that spoilers about the next episode have hit the net. I haven't seen them and hopefully it can stay that way. I write spoilers here but only AFTER the episode has been aired. Anything before that is just mean IMO.

Off that soapbox....

Tigh's cross examination was a shame. Someone should just take him out to the pasture and shoot him. What's going to be even worse for the guy is I suspect that he is a cylon. That would totally suck for him but would be totally on par with the luck he's been having.

Adama vs. Adama: I personally think Lee is a weasel and a coward. I've never liked him. I wished Admiral Adama would have punched Lee in the face.

Dee leaves Lee: Good, he's full of **** and she can do better.

Helo- "There's a storm coming": Nice cryptic message. What is he a Ghost Whisperer now? That should have been a line for Laura.

Laura: Her cancer is back?!?!?!?? Oh no!!!! That's awful. I sure hope she is a cylon so that she can get a new body. I like her character and I don't want her to go.

I can't wait for next week but I know it's going to be one hell of a cliff hanger.moreless

Episodes like this set it apart from the original.

By kingrich06, Jul 16, 2010

Once again very little in the way of action sequences and for once I am completely okay with this. The drama in this episode is thoughtful and thrilling. Not only involves a lot of the characters, we get to see how the same topic is viewed from different people. The simplest of actions can seem godlike while the same action can be perceived as unholy. The trial sequences are great like the better days of Law & Order. Lee's character is written very well in terms of the way his inner morality is conflicted. One awesome episode. The best drama show in space shines.moreless

Finally - a trial

By Parricida, Jul 16, 2010

Oh, after so many episode promising the tiral - it is here and it does not go easy - mostly for Lee who is in weird position - but he takes it and does what he should.

So we have some testimonials and it does not go too well for Tigh who finally says it out that he killed Ellen.. I have no idea if Adama knew it but it definetly hurt Tigh badly.

And then we have some mysterious song that some are hearing, some not.. and it looks like Sam has already manage to move on from Kara..

Oh - overall - lot of talk and I expected more action but it was good to great the tension for last episode.moreless

Awesome, new standards of TV sci fi.

By cornholio17, Mar 26, 2007

Who are the half wits are giving this episode a bad review? How did they even get as far as watching 60 episodes if they dislike it so much?

For me BG has redefined television sci-fi, and this episode had everything that is great about the series. No black or white just a multitudes of grey. It’s dark, complex, political and groundbreaking. I notice that the reviews are polarized and no-one is saying it was just OK; it's all love or hate, that's always a good sign for me. I guess simple minded people need good and evil clearly defined so they don't get confused. This season closing double episode is simply as good as TV sci-fi has ever been. Long may it continue, if you don’t like it you should get your old Star Trek DVDs out and stick to the simple stuff.moreless

Baltar's trial begins as Adama and Apollo begin to fight over the "integrity" of each other.

By marvelfan89, Mar 25, 2007

Loved it. A great episode that has been put off for too long. We all knew it was coming but I'am really glad that they pulled it of the way they did. Any other crap show would present Baltar as the real "evil" and leave every military hypocrite untouched but not BSG. This is a great episode that has as many episodes showed us the hypocracies characters do to one another. Lee and Baltar's lawyer were great in establishing Baltar from just being an evil demented maniac for Cylons to a more a cowardous, victim of the Cylons. Granted Baltar is a scumbag that deserves jail time but the talk about him being the leader of the extermination of the human race is laughable.

Take for example, the scene where Baltar reads the list of colonists to be killed by the Cylons. He objected to it was literally forced at gunpoint to sign. Who wouldn't sign that document over to save themselves? Some people will claim the moral road and say I wouldn't but that's rubbish.

Baltar's lawyer did a great defense establishing Roslin as a humiliated President out for revenge against Baltar (which she is). Roslin is the hypocrite who wanted to kill, the Boomer Cylon yet when she was near death it was the Cylon and her baby that saved her.

Then Colonel Tigh blaming his wife's death on Baltar (when clearly as seen in the flashback), he choked her to death was laughable.

Haha everybody's a hypocrite as you can see. Tigh's wife was a traitor but Baltar didn't kill her, Colonel Tigh did.

Admiral Adama is a hypocrite himself whose committed crimes himself and yet his claim that Baltar didn't "deserve a trial" is typical of a power hungry bafoon seeking to firmly end a scandal that obviously doesn't just point a nasty picture of the accused but the fleet itself.

Anyhow, really great episode. This show doesn't pander to be politically correct as another show would. Can't wait for Part 2.moreless

Helo: "Weather's changing, Felix. We need to be ready for it. There's a storm coming.”

By Tim_Bronx, Mar 25, 2007

It's Law and Order: Galactica style this week. And anything Galactica style means a helluva lot of drama.

Lee is making me mad. The only reason he took Baltar's case is to disobey his father. You don't take on a client you know is guilty for “justice” or to support the system. Dee has a point. He's helping a murderer walk free and that's not right.

Lee's cross-examination with Roslin had me cringing, especially when Roslin begged him to stop. The kamala is not impairing Roslin's ability to lead the fleet, or her credibility where the trial is concerned. Lee knows that.

The Adama father/son conflict is escalating quickly. Lee stepped down as CAG, and Adama called Lee a coward and a liar. Adama's fury was somewhat understandable, as Lee blatantly hurt two of the people Adama's closest to. Lee was just doing his job, though, and Roslin is on drugs and Tigh is an alcoholic; that’s not Lee's fault. Maybe I would sympathize with Lee if he wasn't protecting someone so despicable.

Good opening dream sequence. What was it supposed to symbolize? That even though Roslin and Boomer will both try and protect Hera, the Cylons will ultimately get to her?

Galactica is only three jumps away from reaching earth; the Cylons are back; there's something strange "in the fraking ship". Things are heating up for the finale. Who are your beats for the final five?

Final Notes and Quotes

- No opening credits this week. Was there not enough time?

- 5, 197 people were lost on New Caprica.

- The imaginary Six and Baltar were back to their manipulative ways this week.

- What was with the music that only Tigh and Anders could hear?

- How did Lampkin know about Ellen?

- Why wasn't Gaeta on the stand? He should be a key witness; he was the vice-president after all. Maybe next week.

- How militaristic of Adama to try and halt the trial for Roslin.

- What's wrong with Tori? She looked like a mess.

- Helo's now XO. He deserves it.

- Is Roslin's cancer truly back? I don't want it to be.

- Lee: "I will not serve under a man who questions my integrity."

Adama: "And I won't have an officer under my command who doesn't have any."

Final Rating: This was so much better than the last few, that I have a strong urge to give it 4 stars.

- Tim Bronx

Find this and many more reviews at: www.motionpicturereviews.commoreless

Okay so after writing a book baltar is suddenly seen as a god?

Perhaps cosmic rays effect the brain

By dregj, Mar 24, 2007

The whole baltar thing is hacknied and poorly executed.

The hate figure of the whole season is now the new messiah.

All he did was write a book ,how many people would even be able to see past there overiding hate to pick up the manuscript let alone read and come to the conclusion he`s a god.

Wow the de Vinci Code was good i think Dan Brown is my personal saviour.

The blessing scene was awful,bad script, acting ,you name it.

The court room scenes did have some bite.

The opening statement from the defense contained alot of logic.

What was the alternative to surrendering to the cylons?

Tigh suggests fighting ,against ten base stars and a large army of toaster ,good luck.

Usually the mythos of this show is one the best things about it.But it really seems to have lost its way.

There hasnt been any nail biting episode since new caprica

and i hold out little hope for the grand finale.

What was once the best show on tv is now starting to annoy memoreless

Load More Reviews