Exodus, Part 2

Episode Reviews (64)

Superb

Exodus, Part 2

By TrueTvWatcher, Jan 17, 2012

Exodus, Part 2 was a perfect and vividly entertaining episode of Battlestar Galactica and I really enjoyed watching this episode because the character growth and development was deep and intensely satisfying. As the Cylon occupation of New Caprica takes some drastic turns, Adama makes a rescue mission while sending the rest of the fleet forward to Earth. It was great how Apollo came in and saved the day at the end. The ending of this episode was very touching, it felt like where we were supposed to be all along, and the characters were all happy and glad to be back to some what normal. All of this because Roslin and Adama couldn't steal the election from Baltar. The Cylons were really Frakking with Starbuck and it was pretty crazy. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!moreless

Exodus, Part 2 is the best episode since the pilot / mini-series.

By bmoshier, Jan 25, 2011

This episode is the best episode since the pilot / mini-series!

It contains everything that makes a drama series wonderful, exciting, adventurous, compelling, emotional, and the list goes on and on. Exodus, Part 2 gives the viewer non-stop action covering all the major characters and begins or ends several of the pivotal changes seen in the original series.

The majority of the action sets up or ends these pivotal plot lines. It accomplishes these actions using the high quality dramatic methods Battlestar Galactica 2006 always uses for its viewers.

The Pegasus dies defending the Galactica. As in the original, the Pegasus takes on multiple Bay ships. While in the original series we don't know the Pegasus' fate, here (because of improved special effects) we see her destruction; as she takes out at least three (if not four) Bay ships. She dies with honor defending her crew and all of humanity. May she rest in peace? So say we all!

Baltar is now with his Cylon friends, who admit they were wrong and he was right about humanity. Just as in the original series, Baltar is now a Cylon resource and puppet, not just a puppet. If the current series continues to follow the original, Baltar will command his own Bay ship and/or fleet.

We see where Hera (the first human/Cylon hybrid) comes into the possession of the Cylons. She already changes their normal actions (in this case to nuke the city). This plot line is original and increases the adventure and drama of the series.

Former President Roslin regains control of her starship and while technically she isn't the President, no one can doubt she'll be leading the council of twelve soon as its President.

Starbuck learns an important lesson on deception and love. Where there was a possibility she would side with the Cylons, there is none now. She proves her loyalty remains with humanity.

Col Tigh takes on what has to be the most difficult task of his military career. He shows us his inner strength and beyond any shadow of a doubt proves his ability now and in the future to lead.

Unlike the original series and with the destruction of the Pegasus, the 2006 series has more commanders than there are commands. Time, and I suspect drama, will work these issues out and isn't that why we watch BSG 2006 - for the drama?

Where the original series was light viewing, Battlestar Galactica 2006 is a hard hitting serious drama, which happens to have a science fiction background. The sci-fi never becomes too important for the viewer to follow.

This must see episode continues and expands upon the high quality we expect from this wonderful series.moreless

One way trip.

By kickdoor, Dec 15, 2010

-Tigh taking Ellen's life was a powerful scene, I never expected Tigh to have that in him. His absolute commitment to the resistance still shocks me. That single wide rimmed eye made for a macabre image as Ellen laid out all she had done "for him." Tigh's storyline has definitely been one of the best parts of what was one of the best plots in the series.

-The end to Starbuck's storyline with Leoben also made for some good scenes. At first I was questioning that Leoben would force the words and actions out of Kara, versus her saying them unsolicited. But the reveal of his lie about Casey proved he was never after the real thing. Which just makes it all the more disturbing that he would subject Starbuck to all of that.

-Baltar leaving with the Cylons was an interesting turn. While I definitely didn't want him to die(yet) part of me wishes Gaeta had pulled the trigger, if only for the resolution it would have brought his character. Baltar's final scene with Three and Six was an eerie moment as he let Hera be taken in amongst the Cylons. Watching Three hold her made me realize the joy of Roslin being wrong isn't worth the child falling into their hands.

-Galactica's in atmo jump was one of the bigger, "Holy ****!" moments in my television watching career. And I was once again impressed by how impressed I was by the effects. Especially when Galactica jumped away, just before the vacuum it leaves behind collapses. Hot Dog never really seemed worth mentioning, but he became an instant favorite for his line just before he fires out of the launch tube.

Hot Dog: "Well, this oughta be different."

That quiet cool(bordering on indifference) in the face of calamity is always an admirable trait in my book. The action took on a more somber note as Galactica continued the fight in deep orbit trying to draw the Basestars away. The long pullback shot of it getting pelted again and again by the Basestars surrounding it was incredible, as were the interior shots of Adama and crew resigned to their fate. And when all seems lost, that beacon of hope showing up in the form of Apollo and the Pegasus was built up really well I thought. The reversal of the Pegasus being the one to go down, though kind of inevitable, was handled beautifully. I loved that even with her destruction she managed to take out two Basestars. I think Cain would of been proud of Pegasus' final moments.

-The reunion/victory celebration in Galactica's hanger deck was by far my favorite moment. The joy of the occasion being marred by those who didn't make it home, Tigh's voice cracking on the line, "Not all of them," the shot of Starbuck reeling from finding out Casey isn't her daughter, and Adama's look over his shoulder to Tigh as the chants of his name ring out all added up to an amazing scene. My only regret is that the episode didn't cut to the credits right then, as it felt like the perfect way to end it.

In the end Resurrection Ship is still my favorite storyline, but New Caprica has been a close second.moreless

The Galactica, in concert with the Resistance on New Caprica, overthrow the Cylon control of New Caprica.

By JemHadar359, Jun 25, 2010

This episode is very nearly perfect. I was surprisingly touched by Ellen's death scene, and Tigh's hard choice leading to it. The profound effect this has on Tigh is illustrated towards the end, when almost every one on the flight deck is celebrating, but Tigh and Starbuck are less jovial. They have been dramatically changed by their experience on New Caprica; Tigh by the death of his wife and Starbuck by the "torture" imposed on her by Leoben.

A true fist-pumping moment comes when Galactica is getting pounded by the basestars, and the camera pans back to reveal Pegasus barreling toward the fray. Also, Pegasus rams the basestar and unwittingly takes out two of them.

For all these moments, the best scene is the last one. Adama shaves off his moustache and walks down a corridor on Galactica while the "Good Lighter" theme plays. I'm partial to any scene using this theme, as it's amazing, but this scene truly represents a new beginning.

This is one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen. Here's to new beginnings.moreless

Great conclusion to New Caprica Saga

By kingrich06, Jul 14, 2008

I like this episode a lot as it contained a lot of hard choices made. The decision to risk the remaining fleet for the rescue and the planning of it. While I thought the plan was simple at first , I like how it was deployed. The way decoys, the vipers and the lone Battlestar used. The effects were awesome, especially when the Galactica jumped into low orbit and launched the vipers for air support was great. The way it was all coordinated with the liftoffs of the civilian ships. I like the fact it was mention in the storyline that not all of the humans made it off the planet. Also Baltar waking up on a Cylon Basestar was a nice touch.moreless

Wow, what a great episode, a true series classic!

By 0hBoy, Oct 04, 2007

Wow, what a great episode, a true series classic! In this episode we have everything what we love obout Battlestar Galactica, the tearjecking moments, a cleverly done plot and here we finally again have much of spacefight action.

The visual effects are truly outstanding, the soundscape is just great too.

There are storylines that are ending in this episodes, - about Starbuck and the kid, about the half cylon/half human baby that got picked up by the cylons, about the split-up of the two Adamas. The Adamas come together again, after Lee decided to help his father fighting the cylons, the kid named Karen appeared not to be Starbuck's daughter and the half cylon baby got picked up by the cylons, after Baltar has found it. By the way, he is tripping with the cylons now.

I look forward to know what awaits us in the next episode.moreless

Sometimes you have to role the hard six.

When Ellen Tigh first appeared on Galactica I thought she was a Cylon. She always seemed ruthless enough. How sad that her last moments finally convinced me that she may have actually loved her husband.

By pashao, Jan 31, 2007

This was an excellent episode. The Resistance demanded a price for Ellen Tigh’s betrayal and sadly her husband had to deliver the sentence. This episode had my stomach churning all the way through. I prayed that Galactica would pull off the rescue before the end of the episode as I didn’t fancy going through that kind of tension over two episodes.

In this episode the bond between Rosalyn and Tom is confirmed when he hands his gun to Jammer and tells him to take care of Rosalyn. I actually enjoyed their conflicts and hope that this new found respect will not get in the way of that once the dust has settled and they are back on Galactica.

During the fight with Galactica and the Base ship I got the definite impression that scenes were missing. The battle seemed short and bitty. Not up to the shows usual standards (maybe it will be expanded in the DVDs). I was so disappointed with this that it didn’t cross my mind that Apollo might actually come to Galactica’s rescue. And what a rescue, now the Pegasus has gone.

Anders finally finds his wife after not knowing whether she was alive or dead. When Kara is kissing Leoben in order to save Casey I expected Anders to walk in and catch her I was pleasantly surprised when Kara plunges a knife into the Cylon a fitting end to that frakked up relationship. The ultimate shocker of the ep was the fact that Casey is not Kara’s child. What a mind frak! Excellent episode.moreless

Great episode.

By sfviewer, Jan 24, 2007

Tigh decides the fate of his wife Ellen after she became an accessory to murder. Apollo leads the fleet to Earth, he struggles with the idea that his dad might be on a one way trip to New Caprica. The Resistance start their attack on the cylons just as the Galactica rescue party jumps into the atmosphere of New Caprica. The cylons start evacuating the planet just as the surprise attack cripples their ability to control the humans. This is one awesome episode, we get to see the ships inside the planet's atmosphere, something we haven't seen before. It's an awesome sight.moreless

Pure class

By dhaworth, Nov 02, 2006

A perfect example of why BG is possibly the best sci-fi show ever created. This is the episode I've been waiting for and in no way was I disappointed. In fact, this was probably my favourite episode ever. I'd expected Lee to come to the rescue, but not for the Pegasus to be destroyed.

The first 3 episodes in season 3 have been excellent and shown that the fully rounded charcters that BG has given us can be just as captivating on a planet as in their normal surroundings of a Battlestar. But this is what it's all been leading up to.

Not only were the action sequences simply breathtaking, but the high quality story arc wasn't forgotten either.

I can only hope that this episode will be nominated for an award.moreless

Load More Reviews