Home, Part 2

Episode Reviews (24)

Superb

Stories continue to build

By NormanSFletcher, Aug 16, 2013

I am finding the whole series enthralling. The charachters are great, and the whole background story to the rise of the psylons is totally believable in my mind.

In this episode the key moments involved Sharon. She seemed to have a recollection of when Adama spoke to the dead Sharon on Battlestar. He asked the corpse "Why?", and in this episode the current clone of Sharon also commented "and you wanted to know why!". That I found a little strange, could the corpse Sharon still have been transmitting data back to the central "brain". Then the second instance came where the new Sharon had a chance to kill Adama, and she choopse not to. She explained this as she had free will and was able to do what she wanted. But overall this made me wonder what was the difference betweeen the two Sharon's? Had this one some how evolved further? Why couldn't the Sharon on Battlestar have exercised her free will? She seemed to go into auto-pilot and not acting out of free will. Anyone the whole episode was great entertainment, and very thought provoking.moreless

Home, Part 2

By TrueTvWatcher, Jan 15, 2012

Home, Part 2 was an amazing and very entertaining episode of Battlestar Galactica and I really enjoyed watching because the action, drama, and intrigue were intense and fun to watch. Adama decides to find the President and reassemble the fleet and when he finds them he has another encounter with the other Sharon which was cool. When they were transported to Earth inside the Tomb of Athena it was beautiful and a great moment of hope for every one. There was a sad loss on the mission and some surprising turn of events. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!moreless

The one where: Sharon must make a choice.

By MovieMark, Oct 13, 2011

I'm gonna be a bit lazy here, and just throw my review for both parts into one.

I wonder why these couple of episodes were marked as a two-parter? Does it save money? I'm asking because both episodes didn't feel entirely cohesive, with enough differentiation plot-wise to distinguish themselves as singular episodes, as with the last few episodes. I guess they just wanted to round off the Kobal plot once and for all.

To be perfectly honest, there's not a lot here worth mentioning. Most of the talking points revolve around someone either threatening to kill Sharon, or just generally manhandling the poor cylon. The scenes where Lee and Bill grab Sharon by the scruff of the neck and attack her are really well done. I'm sure Grace Park suffered a few war wounds during this shoot. Sharon had a lot to prove here, and I think she won over [mostly] everyone.

After an arduous trek through a curiously earth-looking planet, Roslin and her cohort of followers finally make it to the tomb of Athena. They're mysteriously transported to a remote location (an island in space? Or something?) where they discover that they're actually standing on earth (or something?). They find out the constellation they need to hunt down in order to find earth. Why don't they just settle on Kobol? It meets all of their requirements. I just don't know.

Elsewhere, in subplots across both episodes, Gaius believes that he slowly going insane...because a sexy pair of legs in a dress that only he can see told him he was so. Ya gotta love it. It turns out that head-Six believes that Sharon's baby is the revered child that she and Gaius will raise together. Interesting! I love how little Six thinks of Sharon. Total sibling rivalry.

All in all, this is an awesome episode for Sharon. But as a whole, it's a tad boring watching a bunch of people soaked to the core trudge across very familiar looking terrain. However, both Billy and Dee rise to the occasion when their respective leader isn't feeling up to scratch. I liked that.moreless

To the End of the Human Race

By montaigne61, Oct 11, 2010

I'm not quite sure how to feel. One one hand, we know that the series has a definite destination in mind, but on the other, I have some pretty strong feelings about the human race and the end therof. We'll just have to see, Ms-I'm-an-angel-of-God. You couldn't even predict where a baby would be born.

This episode moved a little quicker than the last one, but it still had time to slow down for some poignant moments. The entire reunion scene was rather lovely - Apollo's shock and Starbuck's guilt when they see the Commander again, Adama's reaction to seeing Sharon (and just how did she know what was said to her double's corpse?) and yet another perfectly played scene between Commander and President.

I suppose I have to wonder what I would do if the person who shot me just turned up after they had been killed. I suppose Adama had the right idea. Forgiveness is pretty easy to talk about, but a little harder to put into practice. Of course, seeing where the relationship between those two has gone, it's easy to overlook the decision Bill was faced with, but there it was: kill the thing or follow it to gods know where.

And how did Baltar manage to get away with being so funny? Didn't anyone tell him that serious things are going on? I had thought killing Crashdown made him a man or something; looks like I was wrong.moreless

By Dante_Edy, May 31, 2010

***This review details –» this is a "I" perspective, based in what I like and recognize to be good or interesting, this is not a "god" where the guy thinks what he thinks is the true or the "you" perspective where I know what you will like and what you don´t.***

The beginning was normal, like the conflict phase, were many one on one interactions happened was necessary to build the climax and to build one if not the best conclusions so far, everything we have being learning through season 1 and this season gains form. It is interesting to know that Gaius is neither with a ship in his head or crazy, it is something else, maybe a sleeper agent. Sharron baby have a unique role. The climax was either was of the best, very suspenseful, but predictable. Sharron one more time provided nice reactions. Now they have hope and directions, the way that plot developed was great.

So this is a long waited conclusion season 1 episode 12 plot arc began.

Presentation Phase - » (8/10) normal,

Complication Phase - » (9/10) reunion and interactions,

Climax Phase - » (9/10) very suspenseful, but a little predictable,

Ending - » (10/10) one of the best endings so far,

All the scenes seem relevant and maybe there is no filler this time, the episode doesn´t seems stretched. The progression is perfect because we learn the role of Sharron pregnancy, our main characters discovers where the earth may be and Gaius is neither with a ship in his head or crazy. The only noticed flaw is how slow that guy was to no kill Apollo in time, but that is understandable. I think the Storyline is perfect.

Details/Progress (To point A to B) -» (10/10) perfect,

Time and Scene Management - » (10/10) all the scenes seemed relevant,

Plot Details/Holes- » (9/10) almost fine,

Storyline -» (10/10) excellent,

Drama - » (9/10) great emotional reunions and reactions,

Suspense/Tension - » (9/10) only one scene provided that,

Overall, we were presented with the best episode of this season, with excellent conclusions.moreless

Adama heads to Kobol to resolve the issues with Roslin so the fleet can be put back together.

By scififan12921, Feb 04, 2009

This is one of my overall fav episodes. When Adama's group meets up with Roslin's the emotions run the gammit: from the heartfelt reunion between Adama and Lee to the unresolved anger Adama has toward's the Sharon model of cylon.

Watch closely-the groundwork is put down for exactly how devious Zarek can be.

My fav scene: Adama telling Roslin he forgives her and she looks him sqare in the eye and tells him "I didn't ask for your forgiveness" He may control the military but from here forward they are more equals in my eyes. Leading up to this I felt he still sometimes dismissed her as " a school teacher"moreless

Making choices..

By Parricida, Dec 16, 2008

I like the development of this episode - it was great adventure - the whole finding the tomb but it was also even better on char and story development - they had been divided too long and the moment when Adama came out of the bush and his son just steering him and wondering what next - and I think nor Lee or Roslin expected that he is going to join their quest and I love how they solved the Earth thing - they have hope, they have direction. Well done.

And the new Sharon - that was great too. How everyone reacted, what choices she made and.. in any way - super.moreless

Finally a road sign to Earth

By kingrich06, May 13, 2008

I like this episode because the storyline starts to get interesting on all fronts and all the sequences that had us jumping from one location to another starts to end. The writers did a great job of blending all the different little story lines into this one episode. But and it’s a big one, this is a two part episode. I like how Commander Adama is still trying to clean up the mess that is all around him. And as all good military leaders do., he tries not to undermine command decisions that were done in his absence. The human civil war is nice and healthy and worth watching.moreless

another great episode.

By sfviewer, Sep 13, 2006

adama flies down to kobol to link up with president roslin and her followers. a conspiracy brews among the ex convicts. there's tension still going on among the crew. here we get to see a map room that shows a way back to earth. it's a cool revelation that brings hope to the future of humanity, and it's a good direction for the show's eventual future. the crew gets united once again, this time they have a direction of where they maybe heading in the future. there are plenty of possibilities for that future, at this point the bsg myth is raised a few levels.moreless

Load More Reviews