Pegasus

Episode Reviews (71)

Superb

Pegasus

By TrueTvWatcher, Jan 15, 2012

Pegasus was a perfect and very entertaining episode of Battlestar Galactica and I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of surprise and tension as Admiral Cain decided to integrate the two Battlestar crews. It was interesting to see how everyone interacted with each other. Colonel Tigh learns some disturbing news about Cain, Tyrol and Helo learn about the Cylon "Interrogator" and Baltar tries to help the Pegasus Cylon prisoner. There was a major shift in power and the ripples started to show right away. The overall production was amazing. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!moreless

The one where: they find another battlestar! Yay!

By MovieMark, Nov 04, 2011

In television land, this is what I'd like to call a jaw-dropper. A mind-blower. A new bar for an already stellar piece of science-fiction storytelling. ''Pegasus'' is, without a doubt, one of the strongest episodes of BSG, and one of the most compelling hours of sci-fi I've had the pleasure of watching.

This was one tough cookie.

What begins as an hour of celebration – as Galactica discover the presence of another battlestar ship – soon descends into brutality, rape, power plays and possible character deaths. To say there are a few shocking instances here would be putting it very lightly. I mean, I'd win ''understatement of the year'' by all accounts.

BSG has always been a gritty sci-fi show, but the rape scene involving Sharon was completely unexpected and made me feel very uneasy. I simply wasn't prepared for the series to take me there. Gold acting stars to Grace Park during said scenes, they were particularly tough to watch because of her authentic performance. I was glad to see Helo and Tyrol arrive to offer up some much needed ass kicker-y (and accidental deathery); however, it has only made matters worse as Admiral Cain has sentenced them both to death.

Michelle Forbes is alarmingly compelling as Admiral Cain. She has such a vital screen presence, it would be difficult to note any other actor in the role. Ruled with an iron fist, Pegasus certainly serves as the road not taken for Galactica, something that could have easily happened had Bill Adama not recovered, and Tigh was left in charge with his serpent wife whispering in his ear.

Gaius' scenes with a captive Six were really well done. Completely traumatised by her excessive physical and sexual abuse, it came as such a shocker to see such a defeated version of Six lying helpless, bloodied and bruised on the cold floor. I think head-Six's reaction is what really stirred my emotions, cos she really broke down and away from her usual self.

The final few moments are hair-raising. Adama has sent a marine squad to retrieve his men, and Cain has launched vipers on her end, in retaliation. It doesn't get any better than this.

And like I said, this was one tough cookie.moreless

By Dante_Edy, May 02, 2011

***This review details –» this is a "I" perspective, based in what I like and recognize to be good or interesting, this is not a "god" where the guy thinks what he thinks is the true or the "you" perspective where I know what you will like and what you don´t.***

With so few materials to cover, the writers best choice would be put new character or new material to cover and they did the best bringing another colonial battlestar – Pegasus. But as we can expect, this only could bring a new problem too. And what a problem, with so many people and Adama superior (was the best way to create the tension) all our characters little by little find their problems. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting conflict phase I have saw in BG. The climax of this episode was again in Sharron side, the level of tension was simply great and this provided another great complication for Chief. The ending is just what you can expect, simply great.

Presentation Phase - » (9/10) very interesting,

Complication Phase - » (10/10) one of the best, different sides, different eyes,

Climax Phase - » (9/10) high suspense,

Ending - » (9/10) great ending,

This episode progressed a lot if you take all the happening in consideration, so hard to say if there was filler, no flaws noticed and a storyline where I cannot see nothing that turned me off.

Details/Progress (To point A to B) -» (10/10) fine,

Time and Scene Management - » (10/10) perfect,

Plot Details/Holes- » (10/10) fine,

Storyline -» (10/10) one of the most interesting Storylines,

The main focus is drama because of the conflicts and then we have a great tension.

Drama - » (10/10),

Suspense/Tension - » (9/10),

Overall, this is without a doubt, the best episode that this season delivered so far.moreless

Like a dream.

By kickdoor, May 02, 2011

During my first watch-thru this episode felt really rushed and I was surprised(and a little pissed) that they wouldn't be taking more time with what was one of the biggest plot developments in the series. But after thinking about it and rewatching some of it, I have to say that it was a brilliant choice. I almost felt helpless as these shocking and horrifying scenes keep coming one after another. With no chance to process or come to terms with what I'm seeing, I'm left feeling off balance and every scene after has that much more impact. In times of distress you always just want a few extra seconds to try and understand what's happening, by not giving the viewer that the drama and suspense were increased ten fold.

The chaos started not long after the arrival of the Pegasus, with Adama losing command of the fleet to Admiral Cain. Again there was no break as their scene was interspersed with Tigh and his Pegasus counterpart's scene, wherein he layed out the fate of the Pegasus' last XO. Fisk laughing it off as a joke only made it that much more disturbing.

Baltar's scenes with the Cylon prisoner aboard Pegasus were also brilliantly done. I loved how Six's eyes stayed on Thorn with a look of pure hatred as she's almost bristling with rage and contempt over her copy's treatment. I thought Baltar's description of his relationship with Six made for a heartbreakingly beautiful moment. And I'll just say it once now but it applies to the whole episode, the music was brilliant, like more so than usual.

The scenes during and leading up to Thorn's attempted "interrogation" of Sharon definitely had my ass closer to the end of my couch than any before them. With the Pegasus crew being so cavalier in discussing having their way with the captured Six, and their plans to do the same to Sharon once Thorn finished with her, I almost felt sick as the shots of Sharon being held down started. Honestly, this show has never come close to eliciting that much reaction from me. As much as I love Chief's character(Helo I'm still lukewarm on), no matter what happens to him my only regret will be that it was his first blow that killed Thorn and that Chief didn't get to beat him to death slowly.

The final moments came close to rivaling the suspense of the scenes that spawned them. I loved the cold blue lighting of the Pegasus' CIC to contrast with the warm, red interior of the Galactica as Adama and Cain squared off. I swear Cain's line, "Commander, why are you launching vipers?" gave me chills, her delivery was so perfectly authoritative and almost malevolent, especially on the word "commander." I know it's a small thing but I rewound it like three times it was so good.

I can't decide yet if this beat out Kobol's Last Gleaming Pt. 2 as my favorite episode, but it's definitely close.moreless

Rape, torture, bondage and then rape-interrogation. This has ruined this series for me.

By tcthomas, Oct 11, 2010

Everything was going well with this episode, but the whole rape thing ruined it for me. I was rather shocked and disgusted. I don't think I can watch the show anymore. I assume there was some kind of point they were trying to make, but I was too disgusted to notice. Although the character "six" is supposed to be an android, for all intents and purposes she was human and had been subjected to brutality and totures that would be inflited upon humans. Add to that the rape interrogation of boomer, and you have an episode that crossed the line for this series. I don't think I'll be able to watch again, the whole thing turned my stomach.

What is worse is that there are injustices like this going on in the real world today.moreless

A disgusting travesty of television, I'm amazed it ever got past the censors.

By runaway101, Oct 11, 2010

I found this episode disgusting and disgraceful. Even the suggestion of such horrific acts being carried out on sentient beings goes far beyond the necessary. I was plainly horrified when I saw number six lying on the brig floor covered in bruises and cuts, and to top it off the attempted rape of Boomer. I am very glad that the scene was interrupted before anything major happened, that for me is this episodes only saving grace.

These things happen in real life, to real people, imagine the impact this episode would have had on one such person.

moreless

The fleet discovers that another battlestar, the Pegasus, has survived the cylon onslaught. It takes little time, however, for friction between Adama and the Pegasus' commander to bring about a showdown between the fleet's two battlestars.

By SixFootDrop, Jun 03, 2010

This is one of the better episodes of an already wonderful series. Once again, the performances are good, and the effects are as impressive as anything currently on television.

I particularly enjoyed the interaction between Adama and Admiral Cain, who outranks him. The writers understand that one of the best ways to explore character is through the introduction of conflict. Through the actions of Cain and other members of the Pegasus crew, it becomes clear that the greatest threat to our heroes may not ultimately come from the cylons, but from other humans.

Overall, this was a very exciting and compelling entry in this series. Not to give anything away, but the episode ends in a way that had me dying to see what happens next.moreless

Another battlestar

By Parricida, Jun 03, 2010

Weird, before seeing it I had seen that this episode was at the top list as best episode of this serie and so I had the hopes high and in the end I was really shocked - that should have been better than "Kobol's Last Gleaming"? Ok, leaving it - again, episode full of hope at first. The meet a new battlestar - this means: more firepower, more fighters, more men.. more all. But as they soon realize it has down sides too - they Admiral in charge on Pegasus is hard woman and it soon comes out that they cruelty is part of life in Pegasus. Chief and Helo gets their taste when they try to save Sharon and get accused of murder and end up being found guilty and headed to execution.

I mosty say - much happening and ending was really promising.moreless

2 Battlestars in 1 Show. Great Bargain

By kingrich06, Jun 03, 2010

I was wondering if the this 2003 version would use the Battlestar Pegasus like the old 80’s version. There was so many changes that you cannot even compare the two. First off I really like how different one’s course can be depending on the leader. You can really see how Cain is so much different than Adama. I like detailed and different they rendered each Battlestar, you get to see why Galactica was slated to be decommissioned. As eye candy you get to see a lot of space shots in this episode. The last few minutes was intense. If you like Flight of the Phoenix (last episode) this one is just as good if not better.moreless

Reviting episode with one the key Bat Star story features appearing....the Pegasus!

By TanquerayG, May 02, 2010

I loved this one. I was waiting to see how the Pegasus would be included in the 2003 series. Having the commander be a woman was a very nice twist. She was strong, bold, and took the path of violating the code of conduct...just like in the old series but with the dark tone that Bat Star 2003 has added so well. It was great to see how the crew got fractured in their alliance over this episode and the following episode. I loved how we thought we knew how the collision of characters was going to turn out, and then it didn't happen, and then another character comes around from the side to finish off the Pegasus story at the last moment of the last episode. Wow.moreless

Load More Reviews