The Passage

Episode Reviews (33)

Great

The Passage

By TrueTvWatcher, Jan 18, 2012

The Passage was a superb episode of Battlestar Galactica and I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of beautiful space scenes, character development, and some dramatic intrigue. The Cylon Three or D'Anna has a secret which she shares with Gaius Baltar and it's very interesting. The Hybrid gives some clues, and I wonder if it has anything to do with the final five. Kat was great and what she did was heroic. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!moreless

The struggle of the fleet against starvation, forces them to undertake a dangerous trip ...

By zampognaro, Aug 21, 2011

One of the reasons why I love this show, is that it is so real ... things like food, water, fuel, etc. that would be the most difficult obstacles to overcome in such a long journey, are constantly touched on.

Whereas, in other shows these things are very much of secondary or tertiary importance (for example in Lost, which is a great show, the issue of fresh water or food is barely touched on - a quick fix was given and that was the end of that problem).

The fact that starvation is spreading throughout the fleet, forces the Admiral to take a huge risk and take the ships through a high radiation zone.

Kat is the protagonist of the show ... and although I was quite sad that she died at the end, it couldn't have been a better portrayed death than how they made it out to be.

One of my favorite episodes of the season.moreless

Oh, a lot of tears and emotions..

By Parricida, Dec 27, 2008

Ok.. I decided after I had watched really cruel and tearjerker movie that I need something to boost my mood watch this - and instead making my mood better, this one decided to be another big tearjerker so I did cry again a lot.

The story itself - I think it was little too predictable from some parts but I liked the irony in some other parts and the whole concept - the have to find a way.. risk and to be in the place they wish not to be.. and all the hunger thing - eating paper and the joke Tigh made with it.. But mostly it was about Kat and a great ending for her story.. I specially loved the end - her picture put on that wall, close where she put the picture of the girl whose name they did not remembered..

Symbolic...moreless

Not one of the best but in a group right below it.

By kingrich06, Oct 05, 2008

I am guessing with all the technology, one thing remains constant, the fragile nature of the human body. While some things kills us in an instant others kill us slowly. In this episode the fleet faces three. The usual one if the Cylons find them and wipe them out swiftly with nukes and blasts. The other is one we were made aware of in previous episodes but didn't really get into. The process of starvation and the slow lingering effects it has on people. The third is radiation. While some people are more immune to others, it eventually kills us all. This one episode does combine all thise threats quite nicely in one storyline and decisions made. There is dramatic sequences but very few action sequences.moreless

Still going strong

By folanjo, Mar 19, 2007

I still like this programme.I think it has a lot to offer in the way of a story, I also like the way they are telling the story of some of the minor characters. I think they should do a little bit more of this.

This episode like the last one felt very much like a calm before the storm type episode. I think this series has a few surprises left in it. I like Starbuck in this episode,she has annoyed me a lot lately and it was nice to see her being her again. Looking forward to the second half of this series if I am right about the quiet before the storm bit!!moreless

Though better than the previous few episodes, still lacking luster and charm.

By isakura, Mar 10, 2007

The highlights of this episode (there are a whopping two) are when Adama and Tigh are discussing the food and paper shortage and the second happens simultaniously when we have a little more information as to why number 3 is suicidal and Balthus gets a prophesy from the bathtub toaster of prophetic babble..... or B.O.A.T. (Bathtub Oracle And Toaster)

I was very disapointed with this episode. I thought that it left too much to be desired by the end. I don't know what the modivation was to kill off a character that saw limited use in the first place. Should we care? I didn't think so.

By boydunya, Feb 27, 2007

I would have to say that this has been the worst episode of Season 3 for me so far. I know what some of you are saying, what about Hero or measure of salvation. They were very close as well, but this took the cake because all I wanted to see was something really great after so many fillers in a row. This story was not what I needed when I saw it. I don't even know if I can sit through it again when it comes out on DVD. I would put this in the same category with water, bastile day, and epiphanies, but not Black Market.moreless

Great episode.

By sfviewer, Jan 25, 2007

The Colonial fleet is once again facing food shortage. Athena aka Boomer flies through a nebula cloud to find a planet that is rich in natural resources. This is a very interesting episode, the fleet is searching for food, but along the way they might find a way to Earth. But the cylons have Baltar to guide them to the same place. The trip through the nebula cloud is a treacherous transit, lives could be lost along the way. This is a really good episode, the space effects were really good. This is what I love this show for, and it never disappoints.moreless

Kat-centric episode which was very well acted.

By speshtian, Jan 25, 2007

The on-going animosity between Kat and Kara resurfaced again in this episode. It's pretty cool how the two of them were so similar and in the end they found something that both of them could "bond" together about. I think I'll miss the character of Kat very much - even though she was a drug runner etc she was really headstrong and loyal and Galactica need more characters like that.

It was nice to see a character developing plot, it was also very well written and shot IMHO. Also loved how we finally get some more glimpses into the mystery of the final five and that number three is not as mechanical as she once was.

I don't really know what to make of Espenson melding Greek and Roman mythology together i.e husband of Hera = Jupiter. Definitely wasn't a mistake - Lawless would've probably informed them of it (Xena, anyone?) - and they wouldn't have made such an obvious blunder anyway. Probably the BSG way of spinning known things just to go with the star signs as tribes etc. After all, all is not as it seems in this show.

Overall this episode was a refreshing change from the two that came before it, which I thought could've been skipped over.moreless

Load More Reviews