Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down

Episode Reviews (19)

Great

This is a very good episode!

By Cyberdave3k, May 11, 2014

I have to say I don't agree with the naysayers on this episode. Except for a few scenes which were actually funny, I did not find it funny overall or with forced humor. The humor that there was was very well done. The other aspects of the story serve to advance the plot and for example introduce the rogue element of the character of Ellen.

Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down

By TrueTvWatcher, Jan 12, 2012

Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down was an awesome and perfect episode of Battlestar Galactica and I really enjoyed watching because there was humor, drama, and intrigue with lots of character and plot development. It was funny to see how the characters looked at each other when Tigh, his wife, Commander Adama, Apollo, and the President were having dinner and Adama said "Anyone of us could be a Cylon". There was drama as the President thought Adama was a Cylon, and it was intriguing to see how on Caprica Sharon was still going strong as Helo was worn out from running and Six may be developing jealousy towards Sharon for feeling so strongly. It was great to see so much development for the characters in their scenes. The ending was great and leaves a question, what did the test really say? I certainly look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!moreless

The one where: Tigh's other half joins the fleet.

By MovieMark, Sep 22, 2011

A slight reprieve from the recent batch of drama-heavy event episodes, the hour's frilly-nillyness is ultimately its own undoing. Bill Adama is acting slightly off, and given Leoben's startling claim during the last episode (that the old man is a toaster), it's only adding fuel to Roslin's fire. It turns out that Adama is off his game because he had received Intel that Tigh's wife, Ellen, was found on The Rising Star ship. Could she be a cylon?

Any attempt to ring drama from Roslin doubting Bill, and Bill's suspicions that Ellen is a cylon herself, are completely mute by a meandering script and some very forced slapstick comedy. Let this be a lesson for future episodes: BSG is not a comedy, nor should it ever try to purposely be funny. When the humour is subtle, and within the context of a humorous/mad character (ala Baltar), it's fine. But here, the ''funny'' moments gravitate around emotional heavy-weights, Roslin, Tigh, Lee and Adama. Watching Tigh chuckle like a little school kid was bizarre, sure, but there's only so much mileage you can get from two relatively old people acting like teens.

The ending is also purposely vague. We never find out if Ellen is a cylon or not. For another time, I suppose.

Spoilerish Title Sequence: 7 mins and 19 secs into the episode.

Frak-O-Meter: 3 fraks. Ellen and Bill both warn each other with ''Don't frak with me''.

Cylon Sex: Gaius lets off some steam with a fairly racy sequence that doesn't show any activity whatsoever, but the implications are more than enough, especially the way Six was leaning once Starbuck interrupted his little romp.Spot the six: Head-Six shows up, as well as Cap-Six. The former suspects something is amiss with both Starbuck and Ellen. She's been right about pretty much everything else so far. The latter fights back a few tears of jealousy over Boomer's budding romance with Helo.

Death/Injuries: Everyone gets to keep their limbs.Boomer or Sharon?: Sharon wins here, for no reason other than Boomer doesn't feature.

Ships Lost: A raider almost crashes into Galactica. Almost.

Battlestar Bleakness: We briefly deal with more suicide bombers. And it was kinda icky listening to Ellen mourn the loss of Zack while simultaneously groping Lee.The hour slows the entire season down a notch or two. It's mostly forgettable stuff.moreless

"I don't mind the small moments of humor, but putting an entire episode based on situational humor was an odd move and I felt uncomfortable the entire episode." SPOILERS

By tiewashere, Mar 21, 2011

I'm sorry, but this was a bad episode. I didn't like the satirical format of the episode considering it is such a serious show. I don't mind the small moments of humor, but putting an entire episode based on situational humor was an odd move and I felt uncomfortable the entire episode. On a show with much less seriousness this would have worked. When you're dealing with the extinction of the human race, I really don't think there is a need for an entire episode dedicated solely to humor and funny situations. On the bright side, it was nice to finally meet Tigh's wife and I wish I hadn't. I was begging this entire time (and in previous episode reviews) to see more of Tigh's life and I wish I hadn't now. The only scene that I really, really enjoyed out of an overall bad episode was the scene where Six showed some emotion about never feeling love. She is a good character. It seems I have figured out where she was going with the entire "helping Baltar" thing. By making him trust her, she made it so the humans think they are safe with a cylon detector...but the person doing the detection is going to say everyone is human. Interesting and well planned out. Apollo is hot. 5/10moreless

Crap. Complete crap. This episode doesn't deserve a proper summary, so the summary for this episode is crap. That is all.

By benboy606, Mar 21, 2011

Probably the worst episode of the series. This is literally the bottom of the barrel as Ellen comes back and proves that when Galactica tries to be funny, they fall on their asses. They did funny in 1.07, why can't they do it here!? Ellen is a horrible character that I couldn't care less about at this moment. I like her later on, but now, she's a drunken mess. I liked the ambiguity of, "is Ellen a Cylon?" at the end. The very end was great, but the rest!? Come ON! Everyone was a drunken mess, and just random OOC crap flying everywhere. I know they created this episode to please the Sci-Fi network, and for that, I damn the Sci-Fi network lol! I can't talk more about this episode. I wasn't bored; I was just appalled.

How could my favorite show produce an episode like this? Oh, yes, because of the network it's on. This episode failed in every aspect of the word. Thank god that this is the last dud of the season. A 2/10, which is generous. I don't think I even have to say what grade this episode gets, but I'll say it anyways. My first F!moreless

I couldn't even come up with a tag line it was so bad.

By kickdoor, Mar 21, 2011

No, just no. That was my immediate reaction to this episode. They had been doing fine with the small moments of comic relief peppered throughout the series, so I don't know why they felt the need to go with such a satirically driven episode, which, for me at least, was never as funny as any of those moments from previous episodes. It was just completely out of left field and I felt bewildered for most of it, especially when they tried to switch back to drama.

I was also upset that they seemed to toss out the Adama potentially being a Cylon plot. I never believed he was but with all of Roslin's dreams/visions in the last episode leading up to it, I thought it would have a bigger impact on the series.

To each his own, but I really can't believe all the positive reviews this episode has. What am I saying? Of course I can believe it, it's the internet after all, where being a fan of something means never being able to see acknowledge any of it's flaws. I would actually advise skipping this episode and just watch the "Previously on..." during the next one. I wish I had.moreless

Little weird episode

By Parricida, May 14, 2010

I do not know - this episode did not worked for me. Maybe it is the self-destorying mood that Tigh is getting again as his wife is back and despite she looks the total mad woman, she really has power over him.

And I like what is going on - every one is suspecting everyone and it is a weird game - President suspects Adama because of the events in last episode and on that light, the previous episode starts to have some more meaning.

But then, much of this episode goes under the Tigh's wife and her weird and uncontrol behavior what i did not liked and Gaius on his own world is just so weird..moreless

A generally enjoyable episode

By SebastianHaff, Aug 03, 2009

There are two main angles that make this episode an enjoyable one.

The first is Roslin's suspicions, as she politely insists that Adama is tested as a Cylon. The tension and paranoia is rife, but the scenes are played well where she's trying to insist he's tested but politely.

Then there's Ellen. I like Ellen. She's very real, and her and Saul go great together. It's lovely seeing the chemistry between the actors, and the complicated mix of love and hate that they both share.

However there were a couple of clanger moments... where the direction felt cringe-worthy. Both were scenes where they all shared looks, and those looks were verging on slapstick. Horrid stuff, but thankfully we don't see that again!

Meanwhile the Caprica story continues to gain momentum, and it's great to see the desolate cities with just Cylons marching their streets. Scary, sad, and very well done.

All in all an enjoyable episode, albeit for the odd clanger moment.moreless

Cylons, Cylons everywhere...

By my1sunshine, May 13, 2008

Okay..they got me. I admit it. I fell for it. I've been had. My main purpose for tuning into this episode was to continue the mystery drama in my head. I kept hearing Leoben..."Adama is a Cylon". I should have been hearing Bill Adama saying "He's gonna try to get inside your head". Not for one minute did I think I was going to be watching a humorous story when I tuned in. First off, the scene where Starbuck walks in on Baltar's cyber-virtual sex is off the chain! I was rolling! (What's up, doc?...LOL!) Watching Laura turn triple sommersaults in response to Leoben's warning was hysterical. And we finally get to meet the wife of Saul Tigh, thought dead for the weeks following the destruction. Adama has been acting strange. In secret, he has been scoping out reports that Ellen Tigh is actually alive on a ship in the fleet. She has been a bad influence on Tigh, and has been sleeping with half the fleet prior to the destruction.. and Adama wants to make sure that A: she's not out to cause Saul more problems now that he's stopped drinking...and B: that she's not a Cylon. But..unable to keep the truth from his Exo any longer, he brings her to the Galactica, and has her tested under a veil of secrecy. He has Baltar stop whatever blood test he's doing for the Cylon detection project, and has him test Ellen. Trouble is, he doesn't know that Baltar was in the process of testing the commanders own blood on behalf of the President. Dinner with the Tighs is hysterical. Ellen spars with laura, taunts the Commander, and feels Lee up with her foot..all the while filling and re-filling Saul's glass. Tigh is blissfully drunk, and happier then Adama has seen him in months. He sobers up a bit when Ellen starts flirting with Baltar, and she starts lying about Adama coming on to her. She dragg him back to Adama's quarters, starting a scene and causing Cylonic confessions from Bill and Laura. Meanwhile, Galactica has been monitoring a lone Cylon raider that has been flying aimlessly around the Colonial fleet for most of the episode, seemingly malfunctioning. Suddenly, it's sparks to fully functional life, and flys toward the Galactica. Saul scrambles the alert fighters before Adama knows whats going on, and the Raider is taken out. All arguments are forgotten as Bill congratulates his friend for being so alert, and doing his job so well. The test on Ellen is complete. She's not a Cylon. But everybody seems to pass Baltar's Cylon test these days, just like Sharon did. "no muss, no fuss", he states. Head Six asks him what the test really revealed. " I'll never tell", he smiles. A funny episode that was a nice break from the drama.moreless

Load More Reviews