Beauty and the Beast

Show Reviews (36)

Great

new series rocking it

By nyashad, May 30, 2013

oh boy oh boy do i love vincent the new series is soooooo much bttr keep it up

By soso_iraq, Mar 24, 2013

I had forgotten how much I loved this show

The second doesn't compare

By GypsymagickRa, Nov 30, 2012

Boy do I miss the original version it has something that the new version seriously lacks! I don't know how to put it into words yet with the original it was more believable it could transport you to the underground with "Father",ah well just thought I'd comment.

This new (second version) beauty and the beast doesnt compare or come close to the old one,

By studiouslady, Nov 25, 2012

It was so bad, I had to get my complete series of the old one out to watch. (me and my daughter) are watching the old version now and she loves it as much as I do. I tried watching the new series and I was very disappointed!! The characters were ok but the real romance is missing. I would prefer a continuation of the first one. please, Thanks

Miss, miss, miss the series!!!

By MayArtMeritay, Aug 16, 2012

....have all on DVD but miss a continuation!!!

I vaguely remember this voyage into beastiality.

By SoylentYellow, Oct 05, 2010

Just now an ad for the DVD appeared on TV.com, so I guess Ill review it.

I like Linda Hamilton so I tried to watch this and just didnt see why anyone would want to watch a story about an attractive woman engaged in some kind of relationship with some kind of mutant beast man creature. This show was WEIRD with a capital W! Ok, so did they everrrrr?... uh...ya know... I sure hope not!.... their children would have HOOVES! (obscure reference the cult classic movie Office Space)

What exactly was Vincent? What percentage of his DNA was human? At least David Banner aka The Incredible Hulk was usually in 100% human form when he engaged in activities with womyn.

Time to stuff this weird program back into the closet of my mind - hopefully never to return.moreless

The adventures and romance of a mythic, noble man-beast and a crusading District Attorney assistant.

By vincentsbond, Sep 30, 2009

I certainly know my life has been enriched by Beauty and the Beast, the storylines and the whole concept of life beneath the New York City streets where love prevails. In short this show is everything that is good and pure about human kind and it is desperately needed more now than ever before so that it might shape the future of the younger generation today just as it shaped the lives of the fans it has now - nearly 2 decades after it went off air. So bring back Beauty and the Beast, because nothing will ever come close.moreless

I have been enjoying Beauty and the Beast on the Chiller network. I had forgotten how much I loved this show and still love it. I watched the episodes yesterday leading up to and including the death of Catherine and I cried like a baby.

By elliott1410, Sep 16, 2009

Still one of the best love stories ever made for television. This is proved by the fact that people are still talking about it over twenty years after it left the airwaves! I highly recommend that if you get the Chiller network you check it out. They have all day marathons from 9am-4pm. It still makes my heart beat fast when Catherine looks at Vincent and the love just seems to shine out of her eyes. And the camera was always so good to Linda Chandler. She never looked more beautiful than she did when filming this series. I just wish she would have stayed with the show a little longer so we had more episodes. I feel sure it would have lasted several more seasons if she had not made the decision to leave.moreless

Probably the best show of its kind in TV history! Preceded by no other and followed by no other!

By JDANCER7, Apr 21, 2009

I am one of those fans of the tv series "Beauty and the Beast" that until someone finally gives this story the ending that it deserves, I will always be left with a huge and dark hole in my heart!

In all of my years, 34 and counting, I have seen a lot of tv and even more movies....I have never seen a tv show or a film that captures and portrays TRUE LOVE, like this one!

It is an absolute classic, the greatest love story ever presented! Everything on the show was magical. It had of course a few shortcomings, some times smaller some times bigger, but in all it was just magical. The love that Cathrine and Vincent shared and the way they did it was so amazing and so heartwarming that it was like they were both feeling and living all the love that could exist in the world!

Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman had such an extraordinary chemistry and did such an exquisite job that it was like they "disappeared" as actors...From a point on the viewer was made by both of them to forget that they were actors playing their roles..They breathed life so gently and with so much respect and care into those wonderful two characters who became as real as they could ever get! Cathrine and Vincent really took life! Their story was true and happening right then and there and someone just happened to film while it was going on in real life!! I have never been so profoundly and lastingly touched in my life and I don't think I ever will be again!!!

I am sure I speak on behalf of many when I say: Please give the story the ending that it truly and rightfully deserves!! The best case scenario would be somehow with the same cast, Mrs Hamilton and Mr Perlman in the leading roles.....If that is not possible then find another way...but please do so!!moreless

Beauty and the Beast was a wonderful series of true love conquering all. It put life in prospective and gave me something to dream about. It never failed to capture my imagination from start to finish. Vincent's voice - well that turned my knees to jelly!

By Pauline54, Sep 01, 2008

The characters were real and the storylines brilliant. It was a mixture of the real and the enchanted that blended so flawlessly. The love and bond between Vincent and Catherine was extremely well depicted and although I was desperate at times for them to kiss and fall into bed, somehow their deep commitment to each other and the long lingering looks and hugs were all that was needed - imagination did the rest. Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton were amazing together – but I would have swapped places with her any day!! - Well a girl can dream, can't she?moreless

Load More Reviews