Being Erica

Show Reviews (17)

Great

This show will always have a place in my heart.

By MiaSixx, Sep 15, 2013

Made me think about life in a different way, 100% worth watching!

So fresh!

By pascalbajoo, May 05, 2013

It was a small show without big expectation, but for me it was an amazing show which gave some freshness to my TV listing . I have followed the progression of Erica in the discovery of herself for 4 season with a optimistic view on Life.

You will love it

An amazing show about self-discovery

By genzianella, Oct 22, 2012

I loved this show and I'm so sad that it ended. It was both funny and poignant and Erica's and Dr Tom's inspirational quotations were always clever and right on the spot. I guess anyone needs a Dr Tom in their life (I definitely would!).

Erin Karpluck is a wonderful actress and was the right choice for playing Erica. I also loved the Toronto setting, the Canadians have come a long way - two of my favourite shows (Being Erica and Flashpoint) are set and produced in Toronto!

This is a must-watch series!moreless

If the CBC could go back in time, they should pass on this pitch. Nothing would change in present time - their network still wouldn't be watched.

By Alex_P_Keaton, Oct 15, 2011

I wanted to like this show. I was a fan of Erin Karpluk from Godiva's and the premise intrigued me. After a promising premise, however, it now continues to miss the mark. I was hoping for a light comedy but instead it has turned into this earnest drama. It looks good, they have some great songs but for such a fresh idea, it really comes across stale. It borrows too much from cliches (breaking your heel, having somebody steal your cab) and never seems to want to have fun with itself. Is Erica never surprised or baffled when her doctor shows up? Who is he? If this happened to me I'd be asking some questions. I suppose it's the writer's right not to explore this angle, but I wish they would.

Too many of the characters are one note. The witchy editor - does anyone really want an espresso that bad? Her old professor seemed to belong on another show.

I know it's annoying to knock a show on a forum where most people love it, so I won't make a nuisance of myself and I'll leave it at this.moreless

AH-MAY-ZING!!!! Love-love-love it!!!!

By onlydaheart75, Nov 25, 2010

I find this show enlightening. We all have regrets and if we could go back, I'm sure it would be just as terrifying and exciting as it is for Erica. It would be crazy wonderful if this were the case, I would like to be a doctor and help out other peeps. To help them see the big picture, and that behind every regret another chance to do it right or at least accept the outcome of said regret. And, meeting other people on that path of spiritual growth, just an added bonus! I'm reading behind the scenes, and for those who aren't sure about this show just watch a few episodes and tell me what you think then. :) :) :)moreless

Great show about discovering oneself

By dtkt15, Oct 24, 2010

**Spoilers Ahead**

First of all, I have to say that I started watching this show because of Tyron Leitso. I have been a fan since the quirky and hilarious Wonderfalls. I am glad that I did because I am now also a fan of Erin Karpluk. She is wonderful as the 30-something, stuck-in-a-rut Erica. Although gimmicky, I love the fact that each episode explores one of Erica's regrets and how it parallels a current predicament.

Season 1 was pretty amusing. The sexual tension between Erica and Ethan was certainly a drawing factor and there is a crowd-pleasing resolution at the end of the season:)

Season 2 introduced another character in fellow time-traveler/patient Kai. This added an interesting twist to what we had grown to expect in season 1. The season focused more on Erica and her growing relationship with Kai, unfortunately at the expense of Ethan.

There are more changes in season 3. So far I am loving it. Adam, a potential new love interest;), and phase 2 of therapy add interesting dynamics to the show. I also love the evolving relationship between Julianne and Erica. However, I must say I miss Ethan :(moreless

Back to the past...

By addict666, Jun 28, 2010

This show is very cute, fast moving and fairly good. I didn't really expect much from a sopanet production but when I saw the first two seasons online I thought I'd give it a go. Its very cute and the premise moves beyond its original gimmicky nature. All in all its a cute show but some of the characters are very bland. Her best friend and Leo could not be so boring, they have no interest and just are there to respond to her lines. The flashbacks are the best part because they offer a very whimsical approach to life bring in a lot of questions and humor.

Cute show, but most certainly not the best thing that you'll ever watch.moreless

Erica Strange is not where she expected her life to be at thirty-two. She meets Dr. Tom who helps her to face some the regrets she has in life.

By mma_bear, Jun 08, 2010

Being Erica is a very interesting concept for a show. If we could go back to the past with the clarity and maturity of the present to correct some of the mistakes we made, how would it change out future? Erica finds that even when she faces her regrets head on, other mistakes can be made. To help her negotiate the mysteries of life, she meets Dr. Tom. In their sessions, he attempts to give her greater insight into the choices she has made, past and present. Erica begins to see the people in her life in a different light. I look forward to see if the journey Erica takes, gives us an understanding and appreciation of our own lives.moreless

Quality television at its best.

By eaudra, Apr 23, 2010

'Being Erica' is one of a few TV shows which just makes me feel good. I love that this show is about lovable people and their back to earth problems, and even more I like the show because it is so damn good. No violence, no shooting, just a lovable Erica and her struggles to come to terms with herself.

Erin who plays Erica on the show is simply awesome. She plays Erica so well that makes me really believe that she IS Erica. I just could not help myself but fall in love with the show. And Dr Tom! Love him :)

Hopefully the show will be on for a while as it is an experience and of a kind you want to enjoy.

Hopefully it will be back for 3rd season soon.moreless

A great show that takes my two favorite things time travel and drama and puts them together.Something i didn't think would ever be done.Not to mention aired on soap network.Funny right.

By hyenajerk, Jan 21, 2010

Spoiler alert.Erica strange is the type of person in the begining who has nothing going for her.She screws everything up or worse. So on what seems like one of the worst days of her life she ends up meeting a Dr.Tom her new physiatrist who has a strange way of doing his sessions.By having her write up all her past mistakes.So what does Dr.Tom do sends her back in time to try to settle everything.She goes through alot on the list this season including the hardest grief not only she had but her mom,dad and sister the death of her brother Leo.So all in all the first season was great especially the episode where she becomes a hippie and gets messed up my shrooms.To anyone who hasn't seen the first one check out hulu they have the first season thanks thats how i finished the season and i can't wait see more of the second season all i've seen is the first which was great.So lets hope for much more great episodes and a third season please...moreless

Load More Reviews