Bewitched (1972)

Show Reviews (81)

Great

Jeannie Was Better

By snake63, Apr 06, 2014

I always thought that Darrin Stephens and Tony Nelson were the most unrealistic mortals with having a witch and a genie who loves them and forbidding from them using their powers. But Bewitched was the worst cause of the silly plots. Darrin is the constant victim of Endora, Serena and Maurice. Plus Darrin has to put up with Larry Tate who takes credit for his work and never made partner. Bewitched also lasted too long.

Witches!

By anastasia1243, Feb 08, 2014

Various ep (09, 14)

show was ok,,

By gdanjou, May 17, 2013

good show but thought that dick York was the best of the Darren's, didn't like how the husbands treated theirs wife's around that time ,to much ordering around ,, would love to see out takes on that show some day ,if available, , , just to see how the green back ground worked, isn't that fellow who was on that show as well as the love boat still around? the fellow who played dr Bombay and the kids are still around,,on web site didn't say anything about the Bernie fellow ,moreless

Great Show

By gem228, Feb 14, 2012

I love this show, I loved it as a child and I still love it today.

A very good show. It has a rather modern approach to magic and a certain light, fluffy innocence to it that you just don't see nowadays.

By 2wingo, Nov 04, 2011

I haven't seen every episode, and I'm not sure where the transition from black and white to color took place, but I do know that this is one of my favorite old time shows. It is very funny watching Darren cope with Samantha's inhuman nature day after day and still walking around with a smile on his face and no regrets. I mean, if I had a battle-ax of a mother-in-law like Darren's, I'd slash my wrists. I mean, who wouldn't with Samantha's mother always meddling and popping up where she wasn't wanted. I mean, why hasn't anyone burnt her at the stake yet? If that's all it took, I'd do it myself, with pleasure.moreless

I love this....

By heroesfan07, Aug 17, 2011

I always used to watch Bewitched when i was younger and i even still do! This show is such a classic the late Elizabeth shines as Samantha. Shes charming loveable and downright Lucy-like. It is just a great series that has stood the test of time, like i hate most sitcoms but for some reason i love this one. It's just soooo inocent and not so in your face. You Don't need to worry abput story-lines you just sit back and relax and view this classic comedy gem. I personally hated the movie just because it wasn't the same as the show!! All together a cutsy little sitcom everyone can enjoy.moreless

What do you get when a beautiful young witch marries a mortal? Why, that's easy! One of the funniest and best television sit-coms of the 1960s!

By Lady_Lancaster, May 13, 2011

Darrin and Samantha Stevens are like any other happily married young couple in 1964 America ... Well, not QUITE like every other couple because while Darrin is as normal as the day is long, his beautiful wife just happens to be a bona-fide witch!

"Bewitched" ran for eight wonderful seasons with Elizabeth Montogery, Dick York, Dick Sargent, Agnes Moorehead and a host of guest stars entertaining us with their antics, magical and otherwise, week after week.

Darrin is a hard-working advertising executive who works for the firm of McMann and Tate. His boss, Larry Tate, is more concerned about money than anything else but Darrin wants to do a good job and win the respect of his boss as well as his clients.

Darrin loves his wife very much - it's just her relatives he can't cope with; mother-in-law Endora, dotty Aunt Clara, annoying Uncle Arthur and vivacious Cousin Serena just to name a few.

Darrin does his best to hide the fact that Samantha is a witch from his family, friends and colleagues, but this isn't always easy, especially when Endora (superbly portrayed by Agnes Moorehead) does everything in her power to make his mortal existence as difficult as possible. No wonder he loses his temper upon occasion!

This show is a timeless classic which can be enjoyed again and again. The whole family will love it!moreless

IT IS OK...a little...

By cuter3, Sep 24, 2010

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z....

It's not good at all but thats my opinion!

*snores* i have only seen one episode and already i dont like it but i dont hate it!

Good for an old show.

By tjtalman, Aug 04, 2010

This was a good show for its time. But having been born almost 30 years before it first made it to TV, I found it hard to get some of the jokes. I saw some episodes with the old and new husband, and i have to tell you like some other people i didn't even notice. But i really did like the uncle that would appear now and again. With that being said I have nothing much more to say about this show. I did watch the movie that was based some what on the show, now that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.moreless

Load More Reviews