Big Brother (Australia)

Show Reviews (43)

Fair
6.9

This is Big Brother. Enjoy it.

By PiperPrueLover4, Apr 24, 2010

What people tend to forget about Big Brother is that, at its core, it is a social experiment. It may be so far commercialised in it's seventh year, but if you can manage to look past that it is a very interesting show psychologically as it accurately reflects the spiteful and vindictive way in which people talk to and about each other, only on a much more concentrated scale.

What draws its viewers is the ability to love and hate the people they put in the House, judging solely by what they show the audience, having never met the housemates themselves.

Despite the view that it is a show only for people with no intellectual substance, it can be highly enjoyable for the analytical types as well.

Welcome back to high school.moreless

What rubbish.Hoo-ray it's axed.

By casabonita83, Jan 04, 2009

Big Brother is annoying,rude,selfish in every single way. I don't really need to say really anything because everyone knows the deal with this idiotic show. Why would you wanna go on this show? When you know something bad is going to happen, I mean just plain stupid. The contesants are very annoying as well. Nobbi from the last ever season was just a plain bully, Travis from the same season and his annoying girly voice. That is just an example of how annoying Big Brother contestants can be. So Big Brother: don't come back ever or face a court case by anti-Big Brother groups who will stop you and that will be led by me.moreless

In my opinion, Big Brother is the best reality show ever created in Australia and around the world.

By noregr3ts, Dec 23, 2008

I have watched this show since it first launched onto Australian screens back in 2001. We all fell in love with the bum-dancing, bunny eared; Sara-Marie.

The show was better and better each season. Gretel Killeen hosted seven our of eight seasons of Big Brother. She has done an amazing job and definitelly gets my vote for best host on TV. Sadly, she left our screens at the end of Big Brother 2007. I knew it was never going to be the same without her. Her replacements were Kyle and Jackie O, who i must say were horrible hosts and they were definitelly a contributing reason to the axing of what was once, a great show. Kyle was frozen and his left eye kept twitching which scared everyone who was watching. They were there to host not give opinions about who their favourite housemates were and who they didn't like. 2008 was the worst Big Brother ever. It definitelly lacked the anticipation and the excitement of the eviction shows which in my opinion was what made Big Brother, Big Brother.

I hope it returns to Network TEN in a few years time and i hope to see Gretel back. This is my favourite show and always will be.moreless

Big Brother, shot live from the Gold Coast at Dreamworld, is now an unforgettable show that will be remembered not just from the housemates, but from the nation. A reality live Tv game show that has new people from society each season is now gone forever.

By Deziiah, Sep 14, 2008

The host of season 1 Big Brother in Australia, Gretel Killein, welcomed the first Australian Housemates into the world of Big Brother. As the days went by, and less housemates were left in the house, the winner was finally announced (Ben). As season two came, a new bach of new comers were placed within the house and yet again, the winner was finally announced (Peter). Then season 3, and the winner was announced (Reggie). Then season 4 was when the winner won 1 million dollars from now on. The winners after that was then Trevor, Logan twins, Jaime and Aleisha.moreless

Tasteless and only good for a perv.

By Funkynawaks, Jul 31, 2008

Only gets 1 due to the fact that some serious hot chicks have come out of it. Otherwise a completely distasteful and tactless show. I would be lying if I said that i've never seen an episode but I guess my voyeristic side got the best of me and I wanted to see what it was like to live in a house full of air headed bimbos and ball-brained men.

I can see the appeal of the show, a look inside the mind of individuals, but I cant help but feel that the whole thing has been manipulated and concoted in such a way that we really dont see whats actually going on for real. Anyways, avoid it at all costs, you get to know more about the 'inmates' through reading an article about them in Zoo magazine :Pmoreless

retarded show

By _Blind_Bandit_, Aug 26, 2007

I am not much of a fan of any reality show but until Big Brother I thought people like these shows for a reason. However, when Big Brother appeared on australian tv I knew that it was a complete waste of tv time. I don't see the appeal of a bunch of people in a house talking, usually about nothing interesting at all. Some people are mentioning that the show is going downhill but I don't see any difference at all. Big Brother cuts in to all of the great shows that they have on channel 10 and personally, I believe they should have cancelled it in season 1. Reality shows are at the bottom rung of my tv list and big brother is at the bottom of that category. Bring back sitcoms.moreless

This is, and always has been, an utter pile of s***.

By starman100, Jul 30, 2007

Watching stupid arrogant idiots do stupid arrogant things is what this show is all about.

The sheer fact that people actually enjoy watching brain-dead bogans complain, is disgusting.

Watching it is just the worst thing you can possibly do to yourself. I'm pretty sure it actually kills your braincells, making you as utterly worthless as the idiots displayed on this piece of trash. Appalling.

Big Brother is the best show on the planet!!... If you're a monekey!

By captaindillo456, Jul 25, 2007

How can i sum up Big Brother in as little time as possible:

This is the worst series ever created! I can't beleive it got on the air or got picked up in the first place. The most strongest of my hatred for the show is, The rape incident should've got the show down the tube and in a lot of trouble, that was just so bad, I can't beleive our government didn't stand up for its people and can the show for good. Another thing from the second season onward it is just truly unorigonal I mean it's the same thing each and every time, cry cry cry cry, someone wins! Another of my hatreds is that Big Brother is one of the most bitter people or things ever, and he is always right, and the roommates just talk &**& about him behind his back, I hate them.

Well there I got out my thoughts on big brother, and one more thing the only reason that got this show a 1.0 is that some chicks, ******* they may be, however they're really hot.

-an opinionated captaindillo and yeah that was the minimum amount of time for describing the show...moreless

A show about a group of randoms going into a house where they sit around and complain, and only do tasks when they are forced to do so by big brother himself.

Basically that’s what this show has to offer.

By Steph__x, Jun 22, 2007

I hate big brother with a fierce passion!!! First of all it's on at 7-7:30pm, which is kind of a family friendly time slot, or at least it's supposed to be! But with shows like Big Brother, it hardly makes Channel 10 family friendly for that half an hour.

Oh sure they try to edit out the swearing with beeps, but they don't do it very well.

And the people...it's like they get worse every year...or there just the same personalities but one different people so it's like watching the same thing over and over.

I mean really at one point the viewer doesn't the viewer have to be like ”hey that's kinda like last year, and they year before, and they year before that!”

I mean people complain about 10 putting repeats of the Simpsons on...well when you think about it isn't that the same as big brother, because every year it's the same "drama".

e.g. "I'm so angry, I thought everyone liked me and now I'm up for nomination!" "I hate that person so much let's have a fight with them over nothing!" "Gosh I wish they liked me the way I like them *sigh*"

So c'mon Australia, as you hear that annoying theme song, pick up the remote change the channel or just turn off your TV.moreless

Load More Reviews