Syfy Will Import Werewolf Drama Bitten for Season 2

By Kaitlin Thomas

May 30, 2014

It looks like Syfy got a taste of something it likes, because the network announced Friday that it  acquired the supernatural—and Canadian!—werewolf drama Bitten for a second season. Based on the first book of Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series, Bitten stars Laura Vandervoort as the world's only female werewolf; according to Syfy, the series averaged 1.1 million viewers during its first season, based on Live +7 data. 

Bitten had already been renewed for Season 2 by Canadian network Space; we were just waiting on confirmation that Syfy would once again be airing it for American audiences. All 10 episodes of the show's second season will be making their way to the U.S. in 2015, just as soon as Elena and Co. update their passports and get all the necessary werewolf shots.

• Comments (49)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • paulfortin39 Aug 12, 2014

Circle Circle Dot Dot - now you have your werewolf shot!

• catherinatan Jul 07, 2014

I absolutely looking forward to season 2! I just couldn't get enough of it.

• TdawnJ Jun 30, 2014

This show is so good

• bbbelever Jun 06, 2014

when dose Bitten come back on

• jessegnaumann Jun 03, 2014

It guaranteed syfy will cancel this show.

• angelpix24 Jun 02, 2014

I am so happy lol

• Writerpatrick Jun 01, 2014

It's easy for Syfy to renew a show that's going to be made regardless. And it's cheaper than actually developing shows of their own.

• SeanWilliams11 May 31, 2014

Thank God! Getting to see Laura Vandervoort is damn good TV.

• flintslady May 31, 2014

I am very surprised. I guess the numbers were better than I thought. Let's hope they learn from both the mistakes of last season, and every successful book/tv/film adaptation that has come before. Stick to the script. Any changes should make things better or clearer not worse and more convoluted.

That said, they got some good will with me, by killing you know who. And I'm still completely hot for Clay's body (despite his hair). So I'll at least watch the first episode. :)

I hope they fix the cgi wolves though.

• tvdvdaddict May 31, 2014

I'm surpised this got picked up. The ratings were pretty low, but I guess an import doesn't need high ratings. That being said, I watched about 20 minutes of the pilot and turned it off. Terrible acting imo. I thought about going back and trying it again, but I have so many other (and better) shows to catch up on so I'll probably just forget about this one.

• See More Comments (21)