Syfy Will Import Werewolf Drama Bitten for Season 2

By Kaitlin Thomas

May 30, 2014

It looks like Syfy got a taste of something it likes, because the network announced Friday that it  acquired the supernatural—and Canadian!—werewolf drama Bitten for a second season. Based on the first book of Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series, Bitten stars Laura Vandervoort as the world's only female werewolf; according to Syfy, the series averaged 1.1 million viewers during its first season, based on Live +7 data. 

Bitten had already been renewed for Season 2 by Canadian network Space; we were just waiting on confirmation that Syfy would once again be airing it for American audiences. All 10 episodes of the show's second season will be making their way to the U.S. in 2015, just as soon as Elena and Co. update their passports and get all the necessary werewolf shots.

• Comments (59)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • RoguePhoenixStorm Mar 12, 2015

Oh and wat time

• RoguePhoenixStorm Mar 12, 2015

Did i miss season 2? What do does it come on?

• Dougo13 Feb 08, 2015

Aired tonight in Canada...

• evieleitz Feb 06, 2015

When exactly is the Series Bitten to air on the CW? I love this show, the writers and action/drama, let's hope it returns soon!
    Evie

• Summer_Maru Mar 02, 2015

It's not on the CW. If you're in the US, it's on the Syfy channel. So happy it's back!!!

• emmawilsonlingwood Nov 05, 2014

Yey, so happy this show is back for a second season. Let's just hope we can keep it going as these networks do tend to cancel shows after a few short seasons and I HATE that! Spread the word everyone.

• Exalphalich Sep 24, 2014

Oh and most importantly, Bitten has Laura Vandervoort my number 1 hollywood crush!

• Exalphalich Sep 24, 2014

To everyone that thought that the ratings were low, your absolutely right. A large number of fans such as myself were introduced after and that could have given the numbers the jump they needed. Either way, ive been googling season 2 for bitten for a long time without any real hope of it comming back on and i gotta say it feels real good. Bitten has just the right amount of violence, sex and originality in the storyline to be a good candidate for many more seasons with any luck, so spread the word peeps!

• thansell Sep 24, 2014

The only possible down side for this show is that SYFY has a habit of cancelling shows after just a few, very shortened seasons - right when the audience is really loving the show.

• Summer_Maru Sep 01, 2014

I'm so glad it will be back for another season!!! Networks should be more democratic - let the fans vote for shows to get renewed instead of us having to wait to see if the network thinks it will make enough money. Too many good shows are cancelled. Lucky for us Bitten fans it's renewed! Can't wait!!

• paulfortin39 Aug 12, 2014

Circle Circle Dot Dot - now you have your werewolf shot!

• See More Comments (31)