ABC's 2014-2015 Schedule: S.H.I.E.L.D. at 9pm, Black-ish After ModFam, and a Shonda Hat Trick on Thursdays

By LizRaftery

May 13, 2014

Thursday night is Shonda night on ABC this fall. The network will move Grey's Anatomy and Scandal to 8pm and 9pm, respectively, to make room for Shonda Rhimes' new series How to Get Away with Murder in Scandal's current 10pm time slot. When How to Get Away With Murder wraps its first season in March, new Ryan Phillipe drama Secrets and Lies (which has a 10-episode order and will likely be a limited series) will take over the 10pm time slot. 

Another shift in scheduling: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is getting bumped back an hour, to 9pm on Tuesdays. It will follow new comedies Selfie and Manhattan Love Story.

New comedy Black-ish will air Wednesdays at 9:30pm, getting the plum post-Modern Family spot. Earlier on Wednesdays, '80s-set comedy The Goldbergs will setting into a new time period between The Middle and Modern Family

New Captain America spin-off Marvel's Agent Carter and fairy-tale musical Galavant will serve as "bridge programming" during the winter hiatuses of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and Once Upon a Time, respectively. Note that in 2013-2014, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was originally expected to be used similarly—during OUAT's winter hiatus—until ABC decided to schedule it at 8pm on Thursdays, where it ultimately failed pretty spectacularly in the ratings. 

Currently unscheduled series that will premiere at a later date include dramas American Crime and The Whispers and comedy Fresh Off the Boat

ABC'S FALL 2014-2015 SCHEDULE 
New shows are listed in ALL CAPS

MONDAY

8pm-10pm – Dancing With the Stars
10pm-11pm – Castle

TUESDAY

8-8:30pm – SELFIE
8:30-9pm – MANHATTAN LOVE STORY
9-10pm – Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. MARVEL'S AGENT CARTER
10-11pm – FOREVER

WEDNESDAY

8-8:30pm – The Middle
8:30-9pm – The Goldbergs
9-9:30pm – Modern Family
9:30-10pm – BLACK-ISH
10-11pm – Nashville

THURSDAY

8-9pm – Grey's Anatomy
9-10pm – Scandal
10-11pm – HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER / SECRETS AND LIES starting in March

FRIDAY

8-8:30pm – Last Man Standing
8:30-9pm – CRISTELA
9-10pm – Shark Tank
10-11pm – 20/20

SUNDAY

7-8pm – America's Funniest Home Videos
8-9pm – Once Upon a Time GALAVANT
9-10pm – Resurrection
10-11pm – Revenge

Upfronts 2014 HQ:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Video Previews, and More

• Comments (32)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Mysterv Jul 03, 2014

Grey's getting the 8pm slot might mean it has to tone down on some of the adult activities. If the networks and the FCC care anymore.
    BTW I am a Grey's fan.

• Mysterv Jul 03, 2014

Black is the new show TV title these days... Black List, Orange is the new Black, Black-ish, Black Box, Orphan Black...
    Did I miss any?

• TrevPlatt May 14, 2014

Does anyone know what the situation is with The Astronauts Wives Club? I read that they had some delays but I assume it's still going ahead?

• No1Slayerette May 14, 2014

I was hoping for a new day and/ or time for Nashville, but obviously ABC are content with not gaining any more viewers for the series. Whatever the case, Black-ish has to be the worst series ABC could have used to lead into it.

• No1Slayerette May 14, 2014

I don't know if Marvel's Agents of SHIELD is a strong enough series to be basing an entire night of new series around it on Tuesdays...

Thursday's looks great though, and Once Upon A Time and Galavant will be a good pairing on Sunday's.

• Max01 May 14, 2014

I think this is one of ABC's weakest schedules. The comedy choices are sludge. I was more interested in An American Education, Bambi Cottages, Irreversible, Saint Francis and The Winkler's. They have a few good drama offerings but I was also interested in seeing Agatha, The Club, Dangerous Liaisons and Sea of Fire.

• MorpheusX Jul 09, 2014

I have literally never heard of a single one of the shows you mentioned, which is quite surprising given my overall knowledge of trivia and TV shows.

That;' some obscure guilty pleasure list you've got going on there, dude...

• antdude May 13, 2014

Wow, Grey's Anatomy moved an hour earlier.

• mdoz34 May 13, 2014

moving Shield to 9 on Tuesday is a very smart move. Whether you like NCIS or not, it is a juggernaut and hard to go up against. Probably get better ratings against NCIS LA.

• WildPict May 13, 2014

I think SHIELD moving to 9 pm is a good idea, it's a darker show and a bit too heavy for 8 pm. Since I DVR Face Off anyway, I can watch SHIELD live. I'm really looking forward to Agent Carter, and it will work very well as a bridge show for SHIELD.

• Writerpatrick May 13, 2014

It's nice to see SHIELD possibly moved away from NCIS, however we won't know what the CBS and CW schedules will be like until tomorrow and Thrusday. Currently Supernatural is on at 9pm Tuesday, so it's possible it could go head-to-head with Supernatural. The FOX and NBC competition are sitcoms.

Forever looks interesting but 10pm Tuesday is currently the spot for Person of Interest, however it's possible that might be used for NCIS:NOLA and PoI moved.

• See More Comments (12)