Show Reviews (515)

Great

A Sudden Realization

By BlakeMcKenzie, Mar 26, 2014

After being a devout fan of the series, I came to the realization that Bleach is actually a bad manga. Thus, this applies to the anime. It's the "so bad it's good" of anime. Soul Society arc was well written, but every thing after that is just redone version of it. The Gotei 13 are actually a weak organization and Yamato is a really bad leader. Even when Kubo explains some thing, it's complete and utter bullshit. Most of the time, it doesn't even make any sense. You're a fool if you think Bleach is deep, dark, and mysterious. You are just tricked into thinking so. This post will make some geeks flip their lid, but those of you need a take a realistic look at this series. I watched this from beginning to end. My opinion is more than valid.moreless

One of the best animes ever made!

By Orca36, Mar 04, 2014

As I mentioned in my review for DBZ, I mostly watch western animation shows. However there are a few Japanese animes that I love, and Bleach is definately one of them. Admittedly, I only got into Bleach about a year ago, but it's already become one of my favorite animes, as well as animated shows in general. It has an awesome story, very cool characters, a nice-looking art style and great music, it's funny and dramatic, and best of all, has incredible fight scenes.

The characters, and there are many of them, good and evil, for the most part are pretty cool. Ichigo breaks the brooding bad boy stereotype, as he's tough and rather distant, but when he needed to be, he was also kind, smart, and he's funny too. Uryu and Orihime are my favorite characters though. Rukia, Renji, Chad, Urahara, Isshin and Yoruichi are also likable in their own special way, as are soul reapers like Byakuya, even if he takes his job WAY too seriously, Kenpachi, whose awesome for just how crazy he is, and Toshiro Hitsugaya, who is really cool when he fights, and has some pretty funny moments with Rangiku. Even the bad guys rock! Sosuke Aizen in particular is an awesome villain, he's got that cool attitude, and yet he makes me want to deck him everytime he does something evil. As for the Arrancars, my favorite Espadas are Grimmjow, Coyote Starrk, Tier Hallibel and Nel. Seriously though, there's too many characters to go into anymore detail without this review being super long, but apart from people like Mayuri, Nnoitra and Keigo, most of Bleach's characters are likable.

Bleach's story is a great one. Yeah, I'm aware that the anime has way too much filler, and it's especially annoying that they interrupt the main storyline for 30 episodes or more, so I understand why people dislike them. But then again, I also understand why the creators had to make them, so Tite Kubo could make more chapters in the Manga. Also, to give characters like Ichigo, Rukia and the other humans screen time during the parts where they're not involved in the main story. Honestly, I just skipped most of them. I never watched the New Captain, Zanpakuto Rebellion, or any of those twenty-plus episode arcs, I just skipped them so I could continue with the canon storylines. Granted, the filler that does fit into the story, like the Bount saga and other, smaller ones, I did watch. I'll give them a pass.

Also, I have to admit. I only watch animes in English. Sure, I know Japanese dubs are really good, but I don't understand Japanese yet, and when I watch the subtitles I'm looking at the bottom of the screen and missing what's going on in the show. Luckily, Bleach has a very good English dub. Most of the voices suit the character they're playing, especially the voices of Ichigo and Aizen.

All in all, disregarding most of the filler that get's in the way, Bleach is a really, really good show. It knew how to be violent, funny and dramatic, and keep those factors balanced well, it has incredible music and themes, Many, many characters to like, and excellent fights. I really hope they bring it back to do the Wandenreich story soon. I highly recommend watching Bleach if your old enough to see it.moreless

PLS READ

By vojinnsczdzelletovic, Mar 03, 2014

your are one of the best and most popular anime sites pls lets write a petition or somethink like that for bleach to come back can u organise somethink like that?

please try,we can send it to tokyio tv

Y BLEACH is awesome!

By soul111, Jan 26, 2014

BLEACH is one of the best anime in the .. Because in most of the episode it shows more review about the stories. If u dont want me to spoil then dont read this i honestly hate how ichigo gets stuck in the presentest world he wakes up and i think that a mod soul saved him because there would be no way there could be a present soul in there when he was dead and the scientist poisend the researcher he ate a soul candy and blocked his soul so if u want me to go on then lke and tell me bye....moreless

While I think it's a great anime

By DisneyVillain, Sep 29, 2013

It has a few flaws that keep it from being truly great.

Filler arcs: A lot of anime have filler arcs that delay the main story and keep it running. I do not have a problem with that at all. however, these fillers are unlike anything I've ever seen. These filler arcs actually happen during a main story arc and are not even remotely canon with the series. The only filler arc I remember that never really did this was the Bount Arc.

Filler Arc stories: Some of these arcs are excellent (even when they interrupt a main story arc) but some are single episodes that don't even make sense. Some of the episodes were even stupid, such as when they did those Halloween themed episodes.

Continuing after the defeat of Aizen: Seriously, Aizen was an awesome villain and his defeat was perfect to conclude Bleach. After his defeat though, new enemies appeared and even before Aizen's defeat, I saw Bleach's quality decline, especially with the filler arcs.

Other than all that, it is a great anime that had great action and comedy mixed into one. It also had great openings and music in it and a great cast of characters.moreless

By deborahroton, Aug 22, 2013

(There might be some spoilers

I have to say I become very picky when it comes to things I watch. It has to have a good story line that makes a little sense, it has to have a good character line. I'm what I consider a witty person so I enjoy witty things. It's one of the many reasons why I enjoy this anime. It can go from being hilarious to serious almost instantly yet still give the show a serious feeling. Here are the things I especially like about it.

1. The characters are amazing. My personal favorite happens to be Kisuke Urahara. He's the store owner who used to be a soul reaper himself. I feel he has an excellent character design from the voice actor to the personality to the way his character looks and acts. Ichigo Kurosaki is the main character and one of the first you see. He also has a very good character design. He's serious but that's what makes him good for the anime. He's serious and he fits the part. When I first saw Rukia show up in the anime, I instantly thought I was going to hate her. She eventually (by eventually I mean, like, one episode later) grew to my liking. She became like a sister figure to Ichigo and even decided to live with him which I thought was a cool idea.

2. The plot is amazing. I love the plot. It makes sense to me. When she first told Ichigo that he was to become a temporary soul reaper, I was at the edge of my seat. Normally things like that would be cheesy on television but this was actually really good to me. I like how they try to incorporate every character in any way they can. Like when they traveled to the soul society, I liked how each character continued their own stories until they all meet up, still keeping the humor buried under all the action. Kisuke wasn't in over half the season but I felt so happy when I saw him again towards the end.

3. Now, this is the only thing I didn't like about the show. I felt like when it first started, they were finding any way they can to come up with something new. I felt it was too soon when they introduced the Menos Grande. I felt it was poorly planned.

I really recommend this anime. It's so awesome!moreless

By dragon666790, May 23, 2013

I'm going to say it now: I'm an extremely picky person when it comes to anime. It has to have good art (What I consider good art), a good plot, and well made characters. So when I stumbled upon this anime, I wavered. This is not exactly the art I usually pick, but the plot intrigued me. I mean, is it everyday that you stumble across a plot including shinigamis? No. The answer is actually maybe, but it's not like super common. They are all about heros and crap like that. Anyway, I started watching and I was hooked. Despite the fact of my pickiness, this was GOOD. Good enough to have me watching an all nighter. Though I'm not finished (Episode 93 right now), I can confidently say this is a good anime to watch. (Evem though it is lagging at the episode where I am at, well, it will get better from what I If you need an anime to watch, try this one.moreless

bleach is awesome

By alexalvaryo, May 20, 2013

bleach is one of my favorit animes to watch. its the the best one yet

A great anime

By starwars1234, May 04, 2013

bleach is not a great anime, it is an awesome anime

It's legendary for so many reasons......

By ziggyattala, Jan 29, 2013

First, Bleach may have deviated from its original purpose a bit as the series progresses, but its original purpose was one of the best I've seen in any manga because the idea of souls, using and connecting with your spiritual energies to do EPIC stuff but then the dark side of the soul, if you feel truly empty and abandoned the good of your soul then the power of your emptiness comes through, as a hollow, so people who review based on bleach as a normal anime just don't get bleach,

As well that it is a shonen anime shows the clashes between the light and dark, balance is in everything, as for soul reapers, hollows exist, and so fights occur and they are battles of souls and their convictions, not necessarily strenght, such as kenpachi can beat espadas but draws with ichigo, as in he reacts to the opponent and will never go down without his opponent dying as well (but ichigo stlll SOOO should have been poned) and how ichigo can defeat powerful people (but cannot defy the SS or the Espadas without a ton of help because they are too strong) because his character and personality fit with his power, and in response to Az 0k's negative and shallow ideas it is NOT all about speed and power because Szayelaporro uses billions of abilities, so does Aaroniero, the 8th Espada, the one with the controlling power (forgot his name) and most of all Aizen, Tia, Stark, Barrangan, Gin and Kaname just nnoitora and kenpachi are the only ones in the whole of bleach who just use speed and power and grimmjow and ichigo do a bit although they use other abilities as well.

With the addition of a friend and comedy type manga at the start and in places in later bleach shows life without soul reapers and hollows, but when Tite Kubo adds this in he still shows this manga types reaction because of his thoughtful and troubled atmosphere when he is contacted by the vizards and when tatsuki and karin (through don kanonji) starts to ask ichigo about soul reaper affairs shows the realism with this manga.

As a final note- In responce to HVAC25000's comment, Naruto is not childish!!!!! i would do another review on that but i should probably be doing homework......

moreless