The Devil You Know

Episode Reviews (3)

Superb

Christina returns. She manipulates Henry without him even being aware of it. Vicki and Mike end up working toward helping Henry solve his problem. Christina confronts Vicki with interesting results.

By jyarter, Oct 18, 2009

A very good episode with some interesting twists. We learn even more about Henry and Christina and what it means to love/hate your sire. ***** Spoilers *****

It's difficult to discuss this episode without revealing spoilers. Basically the whole situation is a manipulation by Christina. She could dispatch Vicki as any human pretty easily but there seems to be something about Vicki that makes it more difficult. Vicki is the one that discovers the hole in Christina's plan when with the ME's help they discover the first model was very expertly drained dry. Something a new vampire would not have been capable of doing. I really enjoy Nimet Kanji and the Medical Examiner Dr. Rajani Mohadevan. Also it was nice to see Keith Dallas as Detective Dave Graham.

Alexander played by Andrew Francis is not the rogue vampire Christina put him up to be and in the end Henry helps him the only way he could. Christina played by Laura Mennell is wonderful as Henry's sire and the person who made him what he is today. It was interesting to see the two of them together as we learned about their many encounters over the centuries.

Mike is really getting good at dealing with this kind of thing. He was right in trusting Henry in this case and I was surprised how they wrote the part with such understanding. Based on past experiences I would have expected Mike to be much more difficult, but I think the way he reacted in this episode was more realistic. Overall a very solid episode from an acting, production, direction, and writing standpoint. Thanks for reading...moreless

I thought this episode was going to be so much better than it ended up being.

By tvfem76, Nov 10, 2007

I liked that Henry was featured more in this episode and I liked the flashbacks but I felt that they were not long enough to show how Henry and Christina's relationship was in the past. I thought Christina would be more intimidating. She seemed very pathetic instead. I did not see any chemistry between Henry and Christina either. This episode seemed rush do to too many inappropriate commercial breaks. I was glad that they did not kill Christina off so if she does return maybe she will make a better villain next time. I have to admit that this episode was better than a similar episode that Moonlight aired but it still could have been so much better.moreless