Blue Bloods

Show Reviews (141)

Great

A massively bad show

By dwawe, 15 hours ago

This may be the worst show on tv today - terrible acting, sanctimonious plot lines, and a 1950's perspective on life in New York. Tom Selleck plays a dour father figure, who surrounds himself with worse actors than he is. I suspect this is his . See Jesse Stone as another example. Or even Magnum. Selleck knows he's awful, and the only way to make himself look good is to hire actors that are even more cardboard than he is. 70 years old. Black hair. Black mustache. If you'd like to see good acting in a police show, I suggest you watch "Longmire" on Netflix. Three dimensional. It's interesting, complex, and not black and white like Blue Bloods.

moreless

Drinking

By jannerp, Jan 30, 2016

Love the show! But why do you have to show so much drinking in the family?

Marisa Ramirez

By aglee, Jan 23, 2016

Not sure why she is still on the show!?! Jennifer Esposito needs to be brought back!! Marisa Ramirez's "NY" accent is awful!! It's an insult to New Yorkers. To be honest, not sure which is worse, her accent or her acting. The show had a great cast til Ms. Ramirez started. Either get Jennifer Esposito back or find a better actress to replace Ms. Ramirez, she brings down the quality of the show. Can't you afford a better actress? And one more thing, who's idea were her bangs?? Terrible!!

I'll give a much higher rating when she is off the show.moreless

Danny the bullet proof tough guy.

By Karl1968, Jan 22, 2016

This show IMO, has its ups and downs. I watch it only as a last resort. way to many reality shows are taking over the airways. Danny portrays a bullet proof tough guy cop, for me it makes me laugh knowing he started out as one of the singers of the pop rock band , The New Kids On The stage setting's are always off. They must do a lot of retakes, notice the background shots are always off. at dinner they are talking and switch to another person that does the talking. The clock will be off or they are eating a different dinner, or someones hair has changed,Tom has a different tie .. take notice when you watch the show. They are getting better though. someone else must have noticed it to. I could go on and on. The writers are good the story lines are good, just another cop show to me. Imo, They try to make it like the perfect family with everyone at dinner. There is not a family that lives like that. as for the show, it might not make it another year. I am giving the show Leverage a try now. IMO, it is a lot better then blue bloods.moreless

Great Show To Watch

By Stephan19, Jan 21, 2016

When you look at a show like Blue Bloods you see the close bond between the whole family and then as it branches out into each individual family, arguments between brother and sister aswell father and son etc..

You see money troubles through the episode, aswell as work arguments, which makes this show fit in to reality so easy aswell as relateable to the real world. This show gives out a great vibe with outstanding work done by all of the actors, they couldn't have chosen any better actors for this show.

When you look at the episodes created and take each of the characters in the show individually you can see how they have grown (Through learning and struggles) to where they are in the show at this moment.

The episodes of this show is verry basic but with a twist, you get a look in every characters day to day work and lives.

I really hope that they match Jamie and Eddie and grow these two characters together as a couple and aswell as in their professional lives, you can clearly see that there is a love/relationship build up between these two characters and I hope to see that happening soon.

All in all this is a great show.

moreless

At least learn the language

By narges-mah, Jan 15, 2016

So many problems but the one that is annoying is that if you are going to portray a character from another country and specifically an ethnic group try to learn the language or at least perfect the accent. Even more, at least cast someone who can speak the language. This episode depicts an Afghan who speaks Hazaragi which is referred to being an "obscure" language. If you go to Afghanistan, Hazaragi is the third most spoken language in Afghanistan so I don't know what the writer or director of this show has read about Afghanistan but clearly he/she doesn't have a clue about Afghanistan. As someone who identifies Hazaragi as my mother langauge I am disappointed by the way it is displayed on this show. Please before making an episode about a group of people, learn a little about them or at least learn the language.moreless

This show is a disgrace

By jm7458, Jan 12, 2016

I can not believe that this show has lasted 4 seasons it's disgusting to watch Danny (with a 100% conviction rate) tune people up. It amazes me that people tune in on Fridays to watch this portrait of a family that does nothing but judge people below them. The fans of this show must be the same people who are pooled to a jury and end up letting the cop off for murder.

Great Show!!!!

By eklettti, Jan 11, 2016

This show is very detailed and is sure to include stories/events for each character. It is extensively thorough when solving crimes and any wrongful issues. It shows people that doing the right thing should always be demonstrated. If you are not interested in it, then you shouldn't watch it.. let alone take the time to write a bad review or opinion about it.

You lost me - will they please cancel this show!?

By dan7264, Jan 11, 2016

I had all the Catholicism cramped down my throat I can stand, I am not watching this show anymore. There is so much wrong with this show I can't believe that I have watched it for this long, but last week's episode soiled me on ever watching it again. So what is wrong with it? Frank kissing the ring of the Cardinal dude was worse than kissing your sister when you were young. Is Danny really the only person in the entire NYC police department that is solving every crime that great city has? The real actor for Grandpa is only 6 years older than Tom Selleck is for Frank, it doesn't work, they look too close in age. Even though the father Frank is almost 70, he still does not have a single gray hair? Tom Selleck's glasses are too small for his face and are so 90's. Does Frank really wear his rain coat everywhere he goes, even in July? Family dinner together every single Sunday, with everyone sitting in the same place, giving the same prayer and no one ever misses? Really? Get real. The show would be so much more interesting if one of the characters were to disagree with their faith and the Sunday mandatory dinners, say someone like Jamie. Give us some variety. What if Jamie were to live with his girlfriend openly and give no apologies to the family or the Catholic church and not feel one iota bad about it and he was still a nice person that did good things for people? What if Nicky were gay? How would this staunchly religious family handle that? Hmmm, that might resemble more of the American family than this show's version of one. This show has become so preachy every week that I am bailing out of it. This show should be on the Hallmark channel where all the other sugary versions of family life exist.moreless

This is a very stupid show masquerading as a smart show.

By KellyHiggins2, Jan 02, 2016

I admit, I like and watch it from time to time. Its characters are very easy to 'get', primarily because they are all 2-dimensional. The charachers and story lines are essentially just dusted-off cliche characters from the cannon of cop/legal dramas. At first, you might find it fun, since the cases and actions of the characters are so easily figured out through the story but soon you realize you're figuring it all out because it's written for people who aren't too smart to begin with. They also have a general 'bad writing' tool they use called selectively variable intelligence. Basically, they'll make an otherwise smart and insightful character dumb, if that advances the story they are being shoe-horned into or conversely, they'll have a dumb character suddenly give out with a case-solving pearl of insight. Essentially, all of the main characters are bad at their jobs and too flawed to really respect. The producers count on the audience to sympathize so much that they overlook these flaws but in real life, would any New Yorker feel safe with this bag of damaged goods cliches in their respective positions? They all need to be fired or locked up. Watch it for a lark but this is in no way good drama.moreless

Load More Reviews