Blue Bloods

Show Reviews (81)

Great

Danny's Dilema

By edwood716, Sep 11, 2014

NONE of Danny's new partners have the spark and click and charisma that Danny had with his FIRST PARTNER !!!! BRING BACK JENNIFER ESPOSITO !!!!! SHE IS AWESOME !!!!

Lessons that can make your life better

By jeaninebroderick, Aug 30, 2014

Last night's episode (8/29/2014) has some lessons that can make your own life better. There were two scenario's that demonstrated how our brains do not show us an actual fixed reality and one that highlighted that the more stressed we are, the less accurate the reality we perceive becomes.

SPOILER ALERT:

In one case, a mentally challenged man unsuccessfully tried to stop a teenage girl from committing suicide and was caught on video, where his actions were initially perceived as pushing her to her death. It would have been so easy for him to be convicted of murder for his attempted good deed because the viewers of the video initially perceived him as a killer. Their brains interpreted the video in line with their expectations, even after being told he was not the type of person to ever do that sort of thing.

The second scenario involved a young cop whose report of her first felony arrest differed slightly from a video a citizen sent in. There was nothing wrong with the arrest, no excessive force, etc. But when she filed her report there was a factual error about where stolen property was recovered from that differed from the video. I won't tell you how Frank got the DA's office to agree not to fire her and come over to his viewpoint by demonstrating that the brain's recollection of events may not be 100% accurate, especially when a life or death situation but I thought it was brilliant.

I loved that the show brought this aspect of our brain's into the show--the inaccurate ways we perceive reality. Researchers have long shown that eyewitness reports are the least reliable type of evidence but most people assume this is because of dishonesty on the part of witnesses with ulterior motives, but the truth is that our brains are not designed to show us They show us a filtered reality and the filters determine how we perceive every given situation. The filters can be adjusted and how they are set can make the difference between a good life and a crummy life.

I teach how to people about these filters and how to adjust them so they can thrive more but the biggest hurdle most people face is they believe their brains show us reality so I am delighted to see the fallacy of this demonstrated so well on Blue Bloods.

I also love this show. I turned my TV off in 1995 and did not watch TV again until 2013. I still watch very little but this show draws me back again and again. I love how strong the family is even when they disagree with one another. I love Tom Selleck in this roll. I wish I could talk to the detective because I know I could help him (I realize he is just a character, but his war wounds represent a lot who are suffering I also love that they show the Sunday dinners every week because that is one of the things that makes the family so strong and connected with one another.moreless

Totally in love!

By debrastill5, Aug 24, 2014

I love, love this show. I love all the characters and the acting is great. I love the sibling interactions, and the 'family' connectedness and the real life issues. Keep up the good work.

9.7 love this show

By adrianrestivo, Jun 07, 2014

I think Tom' s hair needs some gray in it. The acting is great, the plots are well developed. His hair is so black it looks wierd. 9.7

I dunno...

By emeraldcity, May 22, 2014

seems every time you turn around there are new crime fighting shows on TV and they don't really seem to have evolved much since the early days of NYPD Blue which nobody can even remember even though it was on the air for years on end. Every case gets solved within the one hour of the show and everybody loves their jobs which I don't think is very realistic as in life is often not like that. It was good to see Tom Selleck again on TV but I preferred his characters in films like Quigley Down Under & Runaway (where he plays a cop)moreless

The character Erin

By juliehope391, May 03, 2014

I love this show but I am constantly irritated and angered by the actions of the character Erin. She is portrayed as a self righteous, sanctimonious, judgmental control freak who treats her daughter like a possession with no brains. If I didn't enjoy the show as much as I do and the other characters I would not watch this show because of her character. I find myself wanting to either slap her or choke her almost every episode.

Luv.. It...

By scs7900, Mar 20, 2014

I wish I would have found this show sooner.. Tom Selleck is awesome... I am also impressed w/ Donnie wahl burg acting. I'm almost thru w/ season 1. Maybe since UPN won the syndication deal. Blue bloods will gain more viewers

Disappointed in the direction of show

By alanda51, Mar 08, 2014

My husband and I have been watching Blue Bloods since the shows inception and noticed that season 4 writing is substantially different from the previous shows. The family no longer prays together; there is very little, if any, mention of their faith; the mother, Erin, gives worldly and secular advice to her daughter about pre-marital sex; the main character, Frank Reagan, is having sex out of marriage; also, his character is acting much differently than before. After checking out the writers for the first 3 seasons, we noticed that there are two new writers this season. It's obvious that they are taking the characters of the show in a completely different direction from what was first intended. One of the main appeals of this show is that they lived their faith openly and even though the writers dealt with hard subjects, the family was always grounded in their faith in God. I'm just about ready to give up on this show. I'm not interested in watching another secular dramatization.moreless

Team Play vs. Personal Presentations

By tomcondon, Mar 03, 2014

I do hope we've seen the last of character Kelly... One of the great appeals of the show is the "team" or in this case "family" work... But every second she is on camera Kelly does something to draw attention to herself -

eyes, head shakes, body language, o ver-expressiveness. I'd say she is constantly "overacting" in her self-interest, exclusively... So let her call me, too, a son-of-a-bitch, and be done with her...

BTW the one exception to team play might be Nicky, but fortunately she will soon be off to college...moreless

Disappointed

By loveyourneighbor, Mar 02, 2014

My husband and I are big fans of the show and tape each episode! We were disappointed with last night's episode, however. When Erin speaks to Nicki about sex, she falls into the Hollywood trap. The Bluebloods writers are usually so much more enlightened! There was no mention of physical or emotional consequences. If only Erin could have spoken of "commitment"--that beautiful force that is one step beyond love. Commitment is good for all couples; for Christians, it means marriage. 5moreless

Load More Reviews