Boardwalk Empire: Watch the First Trailer for the Final Season (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Jun 30, 2014

Grab your gun and an extra set of underpants because HBO has released the first trailer for the final season of the Prohibition Era series Boardwalk Empire! A cover of "One" (as in "the loneliest number") plays over glimpses of scantily clad women, (lots of) men with guns, and bootleg kingpin Nucky Thompson (Steve Buscemi) formulating an exit strategy ("The trick is to stay alive long enough to cash out," he says). 

A sense of foreboding surrounds the trailer, reminding viewers that this series probably won't have a happy ending for (m)any of the people involved, but that's why it has us both excited and scared like Jessie Spano on caffeine pills. After an excellent fourth season, we expect great things from the show's swan song (premiering in September) even if some of our favorite men and women might not make it. 

So check out the trailer below and then place your bets in the comments on which of Atlantic City's unscrupulous characters will live to see the end and whose luck has finally run out (historical facts not withstanding).

Are you excited for Boardwalk Empire's final season?

• Comments (9)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • WithoutPopcorn Jul 01, 2014

Nice! Thanks Kaitlin

• AhmedLFCmoH Jul 01, 2014

It should be Al Capone's time to rise, as well Luciano and Lansky. So I'm guessing they'll survive, Nucky and the big guys won't make it.

• chandler0201 Jul 01, 2014

Let's see, I bet Chalky White, Nausef (or however you spell his name from last season), and Van Alden all kick the bucket this season. Besides the factual basis issues, all have been lucky to last this long, and their deaths would be just as plausible as the main one from the end of last season...

• HWBOD Jul 01, 2014

Vote of solidarity with those below... gutsy choice to call it at S5 but probably the right one...

• Sam20 Jul 01, 2014

Unlike another HBO show that's ending, I have high hopes Boardwalk will go out on top.

• kanniballl Jul 02, 2014

LOL, unless the big surprise for Boardwalk Empire is Zom-pires roaming the shores of NJ and attacking boot-leggers.

• antmorris3511 Jul 01, 2014

I hope youre right. I'll wait til the season ends and binge watch it. BE is too slow at time.

• woz22 Jun 30, 2014

looking good the rise of Lucky and Capone

• shanebradley1 Jun 30, 2014

Love when a show goes out on a high (I'm fairly confident the final season will be awesome) but damn I'm going to miss this show.