Bonanza

Show Reviews (33)

Great

Grandparents watch..........

By schaitelh, Apr 04, 2015

My grandparents watch this and I watch it a lot of times when I come. It still comes on ENCORE or TvLand.

The old country time of excellence that Grandma and Grandpa love!

Bonanzas in other things out

By Gulcin_Duringer, Feb 22, 2014

I am so much fun of The Cartwright family. They give me lots inspiration. very good family and very good relationships between them. I absolutely love to watch them in lots of time :)))

Bonanza in Italian?

By Zoezoezoe, May 27, 2013

Hi folks,

I lived in Italy as a child and we would watch "Bonanza" dubbed in italian. You have not really laughed hard until you have seen Hoss Cartwright speak in formal italian. I have not been able to find these episodes anywhere on the internet or Youtube. Have any suggestions for me? I recently hooked up with my old military brat friends from those days via FB, and I sure would like to post it on our group's page.

grazie!moreless

Great classic tv series!

By AndrewLarzzz, Jan 30, 2013

Well, whenever I heard Bonanza, the Cartwrights is the only thing that comes up on my mind or should I rather says the famous ones. Everybody during this era used to watched this show in their living room - enjoying every episode with their entire family. Why? Because this series can be described in so many great things! The Cartwrights is known for a very well respected family which enjoys every moments of their life. I have always wanted to own a copy of this classic show and I placed a DVD order at memorylanedvd . com . I would have to say that the package I received is precious because it's complete and has of good quality which is really beyond my expectations. I'm now enjoying watching this again because it's really worth re-watching! Certainly, this is a must-see for the entire family a great classic show ever been produced in the TV history!moreless

The mill

By brendacurran, Mar 01, 2012

I have not seen it but I am sure it was good since all episodes of Bonanza were good.

Bonanza was a western that depicted high morals and the very best family values. The setting was Virginia City, in the territory of Nevada, in the 1860s. The Cartwright family of father, Ben, and sons Adam, Hoss and Joe were the main characters.

By midniteeve, Jan 16, 2012

Bonanza was, in my personal opinion, the best television series of all time. The characters of Ben, Hoss and Little Joe Cartwright (and for the first six years, Adam) were part of American culture for the 14 years of the shows run. For both the fans of its day and those who became fans watching reruns, it continues to be loved and watched in reruns on various channels, particularly since the advent of satelite TV.

The patriarch of the family, Ben Cartwright, is the epitome of what a father should be. He was always there when his sons needed him, whether to save them from some danger, comfort them, give advise or hand out discipline. I particularly admire the frequent references Ben makes to the Bible, as well as his praying on many occasions. It was also apparent that he made sure his family were regular church-goers.

Adam, the oldest son, was only on the show for the first 6 years of its run. There are many Bonanza fans, because of their love of this character, that prefer the first 6 season episodes for this reason. Adam was college educated (A degree in architecture)and an intellectual, but still every bit the cowboy. He could herd and rope cattle, bust a bronc, win a gun fight or get into a bar room brawl, but still read a little poetry on the ride back to the ranch.

Hoss was the 6 foot 4, 300 pound animal lover of the sons. He was shy around women and a little backward on the intellectual side of things, but definitely the one you wanted around in either a fist fight or to whelp a litter of puppies. He was very tender-hearted, but fiercely loyal to his family. Anyone who was out to hurt one of the other Cartwright's, their cook, Hop Sing or any of their friends, would have Hoss to contend with.

Joseph Francis Cartwright, known as "Little Joe", was the youngest son. He had a quick temper, but also could tear up in an emotional moment. He was very handsome and quite the ladies man, often getting him into trouble. Joe also was very athletic and was often seen busting broncs, doing somersaults in the course of a bar fight or shoot out and was the Cartwright most often seen jumping down from and climbing great heights.

All of the Cartwrights were very steadfast in their loyalty and devotion to each other and the high moral standards set by Ben. The series usually had episodes that were morality plays, which was very innovative for the period when the series began its run (1959). This series is definitely a classic for westerns, family shows and television drama.moreless

Photo

By HeatherStaple, Dec 17, 2011

I have been a big fan of bonanza and especially little Joe from 12years old , which is now 46 years. When I was only 12 I wrote to little Joe's fan club told them how much I loved the show and asked them if they could send me a photo, which they did. It was an autographed coloured photo of Ben, hoss, and little Joe. I was so excited and so happy. Next day I went to school and took it with me , while I was there someone stole it from my bag. I was so upset. I have never ever forgotten that . I still watch bonanza every afternoon on austar and I still enjoy the show after all these years.moreless

A wonderful western series that lives on despite the changing times

By texasislandr, Nov 22, 2010

Bonanza is a show that is perfect for people of all ages. I for one have been a huge fan, my mother before me, and my grandmother before her. It has love, action, friendship, loyalty, drama, suspense, hurt/comfort, angst, joy, laughter, and everything else you can think to name.

To me this will always be one of the best shows of all time. Its truly a family timeless classic that I will share with my children in the years to come.

It's full of family values, staying united through adversity, trusting your loved ones, and just plain being a great family.moreless

Who thought of this? Tell me because I think they should be in an asylum.

By Daddytrucker, Sep 03, 2010

This show is just for old people. Every time I have veiwed it it ws very dull and lacked in plot and dialog. I remmember falling asleep most of the time. I think this is the one western show where this kid falls in love with someone and then they die. If they want more veiwers he should fall in love with a homosexual/tranvestite. That would get me to watch the show. Western shows should be full of drunk people and murder, but no, it hs to be good for the family and all that crap. "Hey little Joe (if that's his name.) someone killed your mom!" Lil' Joe: "I'm going to sit down and have a talk with him and tell him that he's not a very nice person." So if you ever see this show on the television I suggest you move on to Roseanne, at least they have good actors.moreless

Load More Reviews