The Memories in the Shallow Grave

Episode Reviews (24)

Great

out of character for Bones to go through with the pregnancy

By kyravon, Apr 05, 2013

I guess they had to have Bones go through with the pregnancy due to he real life actor being pregnant.

However, to me, it seems quite out of character for Bones to not have used protection and to not have an abortion

She is hyper-rational, she has no sentimentality or empathy, she would be a terrible parent, she is obsessed with her career and a child that needs care and emotional support would throw that all off.

I'm kind of shocked they didn't at least have her consider getting an abortion before deciding that she would deliver something that would need her attention and an emotional connection.moreless

Great start to new season

By tanargue, Aug 18, 2012

Love to see them together at last - took a tragedy to do it but hey what the heck. Still they can't stop bickering can they. Wouldn't we all like to see the photo of Booth making an omelette.

Complex convoluted plot with intriguing psychological problems.

Bones

By Bugga, Aug 03, 2012

Love it so how can I watch it I can't find it on netflex

plot summary error

By cindependent, Jul 09, 2012

I love this episode. And also think FINALLY! I would be remiss if I didn't point out an error in the plot summary. Bones would point out that her stomach is not changing in size. That would be quite alarming.

Her Uterus is increasing in size and her abdomen is correspondingly.

It was AWESUM one of the best season premieres ever

I mean Bones struggling with her hormonal episodes and then both of them adjusting to the situation at hand and the viewers are not allowed to forget Michael ( who is sooo cute).overall wonderful =)

By RoshiniPieris, May 27, 2012

Here Booth's protective side is always shown and how he is coping with Bones' independence. It brings out a very sweet and Hodgins watching over them in an amused way as if to say this is only the beginning....

Also how they are sharing their domestic issues....trying to find a place to live together and Angela's advice helps Bones to take the next step,....................

Jsjsnnf

By Skoss1622, May 09, 2012

AmmaazIng

baby!

By JannaMow, Jan 12, 2012

loved this episode and loved it even more when i found out that bones actually had a baby :)

A pleasant relief.

By IsisIsabella, Dec 29, 2011

Look, this wasn't an ah-mazing episode in my opinion, but they handled things quite well. I think I speak for a lot of Bones-fans when I say we were quite worried about the aftermath of season 6, meaning: 'how could the show possibly be as good if Brennan and Booth actually ended up together?'

Let me assure, they did it. After the awkward and rushed season 6 finale (yes I know, it was very rude of Emily Deschanel to get pregnant :p) things just bounced back in season 7: witty banter, Brennan's obvious non-understanding in emotional 'family-issues'. And the hormones that induced her to cry :) Good job, keeping it light. Because 'Bones' still is comedy, and the teasing is still there, even though the main characters are in fact a couple, after all these years. In a way, I am glad this happened, because, seriously, it was taking so freaking long! To be honest, there are characters who have more chemistry, and I mean sexual instead of emotional (they are very funny together, I admit): Castle and firecracker Beckett, or ruthless Ziva and Tony on NCIS. So I am definitely glad with how things progressed here.

The episode had a pretty great story, interesting characters... Bones on its best. I gave this episode an 8 simply because I still have to get used to the whole Brennan/Booth-situation, but again, the writers did a pretty amazing job. I liked the emotional mayhem too, always an issue between the couple. Again, 'Bones' convinced me to keep watching!moreless

decent but predictable

By vespa4, Dec 11, 2011

great premiere, i was pleased with how they handled brennan and booth finally being a couple and her being pregnant, i was worried it would ruin the show but i was wrong.

My only problem was that it was a predictable ending, the second it was pointed out the guy was chewing gum i knew that that would be the evidence proving he was the killer which made the episode a little boring to watch.

A fun, exciting, and outstanding start of a new story arc for so many upcoming b-story lines. This is one episode you don't want to miss!!

By bmoshier, Dec 02, 2011

This is a wonderful, exciting, and outstanding episode and clearly starts a new story arc of b-stories that will take use through the end of the series (hopefully not for 20+ years) and beyond (revisits). While I've always wanted to see more of Angel (e.g. movies, revisits, etc), clearly Booth is David Boreanaz's calling.

This episode gives us both a wonderful crime and investigation drama and raises the typical b-stories to primary grade this time around. We really get to see the inter-workings of Booth, Bones, and their friends. We also see the various levels of each of them and how they are both close and in some cases, not so close. It is wonderful to see the writers didn't lose anything of their individual personalities when moving them closer together and still has the eye on the bible and are expanding it at the same time.

This episode clearly shows there are miles to go before we need to worry about the end of this wonderful and powerful series. In fact, I'd say only the desire of the actors to move on will be cause to end this massively energetic series.

Bottom line: If you haven't seen this episode, it is a MUST! Go to Hulu, buy the Blu-Ray (when it is available), download it, do what it takes, but don't miss this episode! It is that fun, rewarding, and interesting.

moreless