The Truth in the Lye

Episode Reviews (39)

Superb

Another side of Brennan... And the guy with the 3 women.

By OnePerCentClub, Oct 28, 2011

I have to admit that I really liked the episode. I was a little bit reluctant to see it because of the whole Booth & his ex-wife & Cam. I´ll talk about it later... Or not.

The case itself was good, but I cant believe a man could have 2-3 lives and live with a clean conscious (if he has one at all). I liked to see Melinda McGraw in the show, who played Scully´s sister in the X-files, another of my favorite shows.

Brennan... When she asked Rebecca why she didnt marry Booth I thought, bad idea. But then, when Rebecca tells Booth what a wonderful father he is, I said, well it was worth it, because the look on Booth´s eyes changed completely.

Favorite moment: The next to last scene, when Booth walks to Brennan in her office telling her there are people you just dont sleep with. There was obviously something more to it than that. But my god, the look on their faces!!! It was worth it.

LGmoreless

Booth's character destroyed!

By mindplay-dk, Oct 28, 2011

How disappointing - they just destroyed Booth's character completely. Sleeping with the enemy! Trashy. Otherwise good episode, but what a yucky ending. Even more so than all the detailed scenes of the decomposing body.

This is the first episode of Bones that I'm officially not happy with - great show all-round, great characters, interesting camera work and visuals, this show is generally well written and well produced.

And it's not like I'm not anxious to see how they plan on rescuing Booth's character after this. Definitely not ready to abandon the show. But hard to imagine how the author is going to make this okay...moreless

A lot of humour in this episode despite the gruesome body

By tanargue, Apr 27, 2011

Was this the most gruesome find in all of Bones? No I don't mean the first and last scenes!!! I mean the body in the bathtub.

A wonderfully convoluted plot or rather plots. Not only did we have a murder that might have been a suicide but we had the multiple strands of sexual involvement. Bigamy, verging on trigamy (is there such a word?). Booth the alpha male in bed with two women (not at the same time I hasten to add). Brennan rationalizing his having sex with Rebecca as quite normal behaviour in anthropological terms.

A growing feeling between Angela and Hodgkins.

Plenty of humour. Loved the first scene between Booth and Rebecca when he climbs over her and falls off the side of the bed to answer his phone. Borenaz is great at comic stuff - lets face it Borenaz is great period full stop.

We get more insight into the relationship between him and his ex who seems a much more sympathetic person than we thought.

All round, most enjoyable, and I don't hate Cam unlike a lot of other people.moreless

You've GOT to be kidding me!!! no, No, NO!!! STOP!! It's official: Booth is a slut and the writers are morons.

By Trace_ZBullet, Apr 27, 2011

WHY did thye do this?! Booth slept with and dumped one innapropriate woman, ignored the one woman he SHOULD be sleeping with, and slept with ANOTHER! That last scene got my hopes up and then the camera panned around and revealed HER!! I, of course, yelled and threw things at the TV. What the hell are the writers thinking?? We all *know* he needs to be with Bones but *nooo* why don't we introduce a new character for everyone to hate and make Booth into a slut? /sarcasm/

I hope I won't have to but I might only keep watching for Angela and Hodgins(the only reason my review didn't get a 1 out of 10)moreless

I really want BOOTH and BONES to get together but no an ex-girlfriend and BONES\'s boss comes into the picture, can we give them a chance for them to atlest admit it was a mistake.

By laurenauer, Apr 27, 2011

BOOTH has made 2 kinds of those mistakes why not make it a hattrick and throw BONES in the equasion.This is really annoying me. I thought that after BOOTH got blown up and he saved BONEs\'s life that they would at least kiss but know she just cancels her date with david. Stupid Stupid Stupid

WHY OH WHY did they have to go spoil a great show with cheep tactics

By BOOBLE113, Apr 27, 2011

I can\\\\\\\'t believe they ended the episode with him sleeping with that *****..... why make us hate the character, and boy do I hate this Cam character, then have the man were all rooting for to finally get together with the lovely Temprance, sleep with this witch. Thats it I\\\\\\\'m afraid, I really don\\\\\\\'t want to watch any more. Even if one day there is the happy ending I\\\\\\\'d love to see, it\\\\\\\'s been spoiled. Thanks alot, another ruined show

It was silly with Booth and Saroyan...

By MsScofield, Apr 27, 2011

I thought please let Temperance sleeping with Booth, but no I was wrong. =( Booth is a player o/ (My best friend said that to me :P) Yes, the episode was Adventurous with all those body fluents... They say that it an discusting episode is, but that is Holland >< Naaw it was a *YUMMI* episode but a saw better episodes then that.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .moreless

One of my favorite episodes of Bones

By Crazy4bones90, Apr 27, 2011

OMG the case was filled with some of the funniest moments ever, even if Booth had a little trouble controlling his biological urges!

I loved Angela and all her comments about Larry! "Maybe he dissolved himself so there'd be more of him to go around." That was so priceless! And I loved when Booth and Bones both had family pictures when they first realized that Larry had "Two Lives!"

Brennan and Booth arguing about biological urges was too funny! I loved every moment of it! And Brennan engaging Cam in "Social Intercourse" Was funny as well! It was great to see Booth give Bones all those dirty looks when Hodgins and Angela were like "So I hear you're back with your ex." This was an incredible awesome episode of Bones and I enjoyed seeing the interactions that Brennan and Booth had with Rebecca! It all made for a rather interesting episode!moreless

Very cool episode.

By whiteraven2005, Jan 03, 2011

That is easily the most disgusting crime scene in the series… possibly one of the top five worst in any series. Extracting the 'body' from the tub is actually worse.

It never ceases to amaze me that people who have a potentially serious hereditary disease are actually selfish enough to have children so they can pass the disease on to them! This scumbag has not only one child but two with different mothers, and both have brittle bone. And there's another on the way.

Booth is surprisingly creative, turning the interrogation room into a 'waiting room' so they can monitor whether the two wives actually know each other. Unfortunately it doesn't work but it was a great idea.

Angela is certainly getting involved in messy cases where in season one she could barely stomach the bodies, now she's joking over the remains! Some very nice flirting with Hodgins. He's definitely in love with her but it's hard to tell how Angela feels.

Pretty twisted, Larry gets accidentally killed by someone he owes money to who then fakes a suicide by shotgun. Two wives and a girlfriend show up and realize insurance policies don't pay out on suicide so dispose of the body. Then the original killer shows up and finds that the 'suicide' is suddenly decomposing in a bathtub.

Not really surprised Booth is hooking up with his ex but did love the horrified look on Booth's face when he realized Brennan was on the phone! I liked Rebecca's 'single moment' explanation, it's so easy to know exactly what she was talking about. It was good that Brennan made Rebecca realize what she'd left unsaid, which let her fix it. Booth does show astonishingly poor judgement in sleeping with Cam, they work together, not to mention that should Brennan and Booth ever hook up, talk about awkward!

Very cool episode.moreless

Better than it's given credit for

By Slayergirl1212, Nov 24, 2010

This episode was so great I absolutely loved it minus the Booth and Cam sleeping together at the end!

Bones and her people skills continue to improve which is always great to see! Plus it was great to see how she did when Booth suggested that they split up. I loved Angela's Oh My God as Booth came in with the picture of Larry after Brennan had already come back with the other Larry's picture!

The interaction between Brennan and Rebecca was great as well! Ithink they need to have more time together in season 4! I loved that she got Rebecca to tell Booth the real reasons behind her not marrying him! This was a really great episode of Bones!moreless

Load More Reviews