Boston Legal

Show Reviews (228)

Great

Boston Legal: The Denny Crane of Legal Series!

By Ca3naki, Nov 14, 2013

I was watching Boston Legal as a child-adolescent. I came back to it now that I'm older and half-way through my law studies. This show is AMAZING!!! It keeps the right balance between comedy and drama. While we might laugh, then comes a thought-provoking case. The "lawyers" are awesome!!! I particularly enjoy the way they cross-examine witness. Sometimes it is cruel, but that's how great lawyers are. Another thing that I particularly enjoy, two to be exact is 1. the fact that they actually lose from time to time and 2. they go to court, a lot! The reason why I mention that is because, I can't help but comparing it to Suits, where I can understand the not-going-to the court thing, due to the fact that the american judicial system, from what I've seen is very pro the dissolution of the disputes before going to trial. And also that's what they specialize in. But they never lose. And it's impossible to be a lawyer and not lose. The quotes from Boston Legal are amazing and most certainly depict the reality of the court rooms, not necessarily in the US, but in general. (my most recent one "That's how you win lawsuits! You're right! Even when you are wrong") And of course!!! The amazing cast!!! I love James Spader and William Shatner and their combination in the series was a complete success!!! But the rest of the cast was also very good!!!moreless

One of the best shows!!!

By shk, Feb 12, 2013

BL is definitely one of the best shows ever, and could have easily become the best had a couple of characters not been given unnecessary importance. Gerry and Catherine were two characters which made me felt as if they both are related to the producer as if it was really important to include them in the cast. With such an excellent script, there was no need at all to rely on the foolish activities of Gerry and Catherine to make us laugh. It was far over done, infact there came a time where I used to fast forward whenever Gerry used to come. All remaining cast were an integral part of the series particularly Allen and Denny.

I hope it comes back for the sixth season, and hopefully without Gerry.moreless

Smart

By santasa9, Sep 26, 2012

Very intelligent, very clever, and witty - it is least of all "legal shaw"...

best show ever

By phwevu, Jun 14, 2012

my personal favorite of all time. funniest and most sarcastic show ever. denny crane and allan shore are the best (married) couple ever in a series (even better than couples in any movie). and they didnt make the same mistake like other shows and made it in 5 seasons. it was short but all of them were great.

Incredible & unique this show steals the imagination & the heart if you just let it. Showing no fear, the writers & creators & actors, all the staff have created a truly adult drama with great humor! Well done

By mistresswitch, Oct 17, 2010

In each character we see truly different people, in each episode we deal with new & interesting topics. We've watched discussions on politics & religion, human rights, corporate rights, right to speak, right to die, we've seen it all.

Each episode we grow to love or hate the characters that are presented before us, the actores are truly brilliant and pull of their character wonderfully well.

The only bad thing I can say about this series is that is has been cancelled. Perhaps some time in the future we will see our characters again though not in reruns. :-)

To the amazing crew and cast, you did yourselves proud in the final season, more so in the final episodes. You went down fighting and you won many life long fans & hearts. Well done to you all.moreless

Political sniping spoils otherwise great show

By mrweston, Aug 14, 2010

Started as a very funny show. I think William Shatner is comedic genius. The interplay between Shatner and Spader made this a must watch show. When Candice Bergen joined the cast the weekly underhanded political attacks started. Theses attacks, usually only a few lines, were not even humorous. I do not understand why the the writers felt the need to spoil a comedy with these mean spirited diatribes. I emailed the show and expressed that this spoiled my enjoyment and suggested they stick to only comedy. I got no response, I assume that the viewers entertainment was considered second to the writers desire to express political rants. Saddened, I stopped watching; as did others.moreless

Summary: 10/10 A must see show! Below are reasons why and why not this show should be watched.

By Saiyans91, Jun 09, 2010

Premise: The show is about a group of unconventinal lawyers working for a law firm called Crane, Poole and Schmidt who take up cases and fight it out.

Reasons to Watch Boston Legal: 1. Great Mix of Comedy and Drama – I initially used to think comedy and drama didn't go very well together. But Boston Legal proved me wrong! The writing is brilliant with the right mix of drama and comedy at the right time. You will get moments of laughter and thought provoking within a gap of few minutes and only this show can pull it off without being akward. Thus this makes this show unique and a reason to watch.

2. Great Characters and Breaking off it: All the characters on Boston Legal are funny, entertaining, smart and just a treat to watch. Starting with the perfection of the 2 male leads Alan Shore played by James Spader and Denny Crane played by William Shatner. It is extremly exciting to see what these two do everyday, how they fight their cases, their beliefs and opinions and their ravenous sexual appetite. Along with other characters like Shirley Schimdt, Jerry Espenson etc it becomes a reason of its own to watch it. Also it is one of the very few shows were the characters break character and become aware they are on a television show. Examples can be found on Wikipedia. I find this extremly hilarious.

3. Relevant Issues which are interesting: The cases on Boston Legal are always entertaining ,interesting and throught provoking. Many of the cases deal with current real life issues like terrorism, torture, murder, illegal migration etc. Reason not to watch Boston Legal:

1. Provocative: If you are a feminist you may not like this show because some comments made by Alan Shore and Denny Crane towards women may be taken as provocative. I however find this extremely funny. This is the only reason not to watch it.

Overall: Clearly, the reasons to watch heavily outweights the reasons not to. Hence it is a "Must-See" show. If you don't watch it you really missing out on something!moreless

One of the best shows ever!

By frenioz00, Apr 10, 2010

Boston Legal started with the hard job of improving The Practice's slow plot... and it certainly delivered! Since the very first episodes one could see that this show would mean a turning point for law-centered dramas. Both James Spader, as Alan Shore, and William Shatner, as the infamous Denny Crane, rocked the series! All the episodes mixed drama and comedy in the most perfet way. Also, as the series moved on, the inclusion of new, excentric and hilarious characters made this show a must-see! I mean, how about Christian Clemenson in his role as Jerry Espenson? How funny was he?! Also, recurring character Catherine Piper by Betty White with her constant troubles and hilarious lines! On the more dramatic side of the show, I have to say I was never let down. All the cases were extremly interesting and amazingly handled by this group of unconvential lawyers!moreless

One of the Best Court Dramas Made!

By Gar1121, Jul 02, 2009

To me, this is one of the best shows ever made by the ABC corporation, one of the best shows that involve court drama, and one of the best shows of my lifetime.

I really seem to love this show because it mixes serious civil law drama with random senseless comedy, which is two things I really love in any TV show. I got so involved when Denny and Alan fought about Alzheimer's Disease, and I laughed so hard when Denny Crane, while talking to a courtroom about Alan being "The Bull's Eye of Crime", he removed his pants and showed the large bull's eye on the back of his underwear!

Alas, all things must come to an end, and Boston Legal ended too early, only with four years. I loved this show so much, and I will tell ABC to bring this show back. And if not, I'll shoot them with paintball guns and call them communists as what Denny Crane did to the Chinese.moreless

Load More Reviews