Boston Public

Show Reviews (31)

Great

boston public was a good show

By cube2k8, May 06, 2010

boston public was a good show that focoued on teachers that were from a midsize school in boston and the way they got throgh the day and the way they delt with things like with tparents on intidents and other maters like the budget and racism and there lives out side the shchool it also touched apon that i think was a cool thing they focused on in the show. but i think this was good show even though it was only on for 4 years i still think it could of gone longer . but that is just me .moreless

It's about teachers, in the class and out.

By Mari452, Jul 22, 2008

I can't recall to much about it. It was good, it's not a show you watch and can't remember the name but is the show that you know the name of but don't know the charcters or anything else. It was different, I guess. It showed a whole other perspective of teachers and their lives and lifestyle. I guess I had no reason to watch it after I met my 10th grade composition teacher because she was very open about her personal life, and by personal I mean college days and sex and doing drugs, she didn't do drugs but she talked to kids who did and she had no problem with it. Anyway, yeah that's it.moreless

The episone in which Khalid was thought to be a terrorist and the FBI was called in to investigate.

By llacroie, Oct 03, 2007

I live in Cairo, Egypt. Other than that I adore this show, I am particularly grateful to the writers of the show who wrote the episode of "Khalid" (the Arab boy who was investigated by the FBI). At first I thought it was going to unfold into the typical cliche: American good guys vs. Arab bad guys. But as I watched I was truly impressed by the messege that was being projected. I was especially touched by the headmasters speech at the end of the episode. The world has been in turmoil since the 9/11 attacks and frankly the media has been brutal in characterizing Arabs and Muslims as terrorists. I felt the episode taught tolerance and I found that quite refreshing and in good taste. Thank you and God bless :)moreless

Boston public is about a school filled with different kind of persons who have to struggle to get through their daily lives

By Riotlife, Jan 18, 2007

Boston Public is a one of a kind show. It has aired here in Holland for a really long time, so I've probably watched almost every episode there is of this show. The only bad part is that it's not available on dvd here.

Boston Public is really a great tearjerker. It has numerous persons who you love, hate, admire, fear, etc. but you are always torn towards their lifestories.

The show has a great cast, in which some of them turned out to become superstars.

If you like drama, this really is a show to watch. So buy the dvd if you are interestedmoreless

They always take away the good shows

By Siberia_858, Nov 12, 2006

I loved this show. I don't think I watched it in the begining but later on I got hooked to it. Then like that they took it off the air. I think it ended with Tamrya Gary's character being abused by or boyfriend? But I can't really recall. I hope that a network picks it up to show the re-runs.

An amazing show (that should have been cancelled after two seasons--it would be a big hit if they stopped it when it was the strongest.)

By dmarex, Aug 24, 2006

"Boston Public," a show about teachers and teenagers in Winslow high school never dissapointed me during first two seasons. The show was amazing, it had everything that a "drama" man would love. The show was a good mix of drama, reality & stuff that every teenager/teacher goes through.

It was one hour that I would gladly spend on watching this show, because the stories were always so real. David E. Kelley can really create an amazing show. Just look at "The Practice" and "Ally McBeal" and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, to not get off track, this show was at the top during first two seasons. It all got ruined after Lauren & Louisa left the show. The stories became surreal, new uniteresting characters were introduced and it was hard to bring back the fame that the show had.

The show never got a proper ending. The ratings went down fast, and the show was cancelled. I wish that it had ended after two seasons. It would have been such a great classic.

If you decide to watch this show, I suggest you watch only the first two seasons, and believe me, you will be very impressed. Don't let the next two seasons ruin your impression of the show.

I personally enjoyed watching teachers on their job-how they are dealing with life situations. "Boston Public" was always a chance for me to realize how high school really is. It was one hour worth spending. I am mostly impressed by Lauren Davis (Jessalyn Gilsig), Harry Senate (Nicky Katt), Ronnie Cooke (Jery Ryan), Steven Harper (Chi McBride) & Marylin Sudot (Sharon Leal).moreless

Great but unrealistically shocking?

By fanolint, Aug 20, 2006

This series probably would'nt leave a very good impression of the American Schools and the sex starved, sex hungry teenagers populating them but despite its blatant use of sexual topics both explicitly and implicitly, there are a lot more of good things and good messages built into this series. Sometimes things get really weird when the writers try to push the limits in aiming to make the series more shocking. It is without doubt a fantastic piece of entertainment but the events portrayed within in may raise some debate. Despite that it is still one of the best shows in TV history.moreless

Lose the reality, keep the real!

By ez1jb, Aug 06, 2006

This is yet another casualty in the network's ratings grab. This show falls in the category of 'hey, I was watching that!' Networks could care less. I admit, Fox has been delivering some superb dramas (House, Prison Break, 24),but there's always room for more. And I know this show brought in the coveted 18-34 demographic. Doesn't make sense why it's gone.

Boston public is ok!

By cjs1126, Jul 25, 2006

I liked the show because its always happens in middle school's & high school's most of the time with our teachers & students, like drugs , sex & more

Boston Public been droped from TV one and WE

no longer as reruns. I'm kind of happy it's droped because it was getting old.

Thanks

So Intense...it's amazing.

By HorrorFreak666, Jul 25, 2006

I frigging love this show! I just started watching it and it's over!! How Stupid am I? Where was I when this show was popular. It's on all the time. The first episode I watched was the one with Mini Me lol. But the first one I really got into was when Miko Hughes started being messed up and pretending to be Jesus.

This show is insanely intense. In every episode, someone either gets hurt or killed. There's a lot of drama and crying involved. I seriously hate it when the grown men cry. Like all the teachers have so much drama in their lives. The students are equally insanely dramatic.

Nonetheless, it's an awesome show.

moreless