BraveStarr

Show Reviews (4)

Good

Sheriffs in other planets

By twilightboy, Jan 03, 2013

Bravestarr follows the adventures of our hero, a Sheriff in New Texas (it seems old texas run out of pupulation after everybody was executed for several reasons) who has to deal with the usual problems an intergalactic sheriff has to tackle with.

Not my favorite show i have to admit but it was a good watch. I dont remember liking this show for its looks but for its showing of life in space where everything looked pretty much the same as on earth except for the spaceships and laser guns, it reminds me of life on the wild wild west.moreless

Fantastic show from the eighties, with all the illogic associated with the era. Good strong message, delivered in entertaining stories with entertaining characters.

By Lady_B1983, Apr 11, 2008

I must admit, I may be remembering Bravestarr with a certain rose-tinted filter but I've got to say it was a great show!

The shows best feature was its very strong premise: the character of Bravestarr was augmented with the strength of the bear, ears of the wolf, eyes of the hawk and speed of the puma, all of which could be called up to aid him in his battle against crime as a marshal in New Texas. New Texas being a planet rich is crystals that hundreds of colonists come to mine and make their fortune - in the technologically advanced future - that bears a striking resemblance to the old west. I love the eighties.

If you can learn to love some of the more ludicrous features of this classic show then you should have a great time watching it.moreless

A great show for kids that taught a lesson.

By bigberetta, Mar 07, 2008

I know a lot of people didn't, and many still don't, like the fact that shows like He-Man and Bravestarr tried to teach a lesson with each episode. I think it was and is a great idea. Maybe if every show did this, we would have less overall trouble???

The characters in this show where great and so where the story lines. The animation was on par with anything else of the day and the voice actors did a wonderful job. Sure a outer-space western is not a new theme, many, many hit shows and movies these days are just old ideas dressed up... SO WHAT? This was a good show and is worth watching on DVD.moreless