Breaking In

Show Reviews (24)

Great

Of Course it was Cancelled

By BrandtCooley, Mar 01, 2013

You take Oz, this enigma as the main source of story and him with Megan Mullaly playing a character you just dislike. Then make Oz less amazing and give Megan Mullaly a majority of all the scenes, then yeah, people will be put off. They tried to do the Michael Scott thing. Bah, could have been a great show.

Awesome pilot but it went straight downhill from there

By martinfjord, Nov 01, 2012

I kinda see where all these "oh season 2 is such a far cry from season 1" comments come from. But having watched all the episodes in go (I have a life , Ive just had a lazy day-off, no really!:D) I must say EVERY episode is worse than the previous one. The show gradually went from awesome to unwatchable. The pilot was by far the best episode, thats where both the plot and the characters seemed somewhat plausible yet very entertaining. Then they got less and less real to a point where their likability factor was zero and the plot was just so all over the place you wasnt sure if the writers have given up completely or they are just trying way too hard. The whole dynamism has got lost along the way and by up and around the 2nd episode of season 2 it became a pain to watch.

Dropping Dutch's character was certainly the biggest shoot in the foot, a gigantic mistake that I quite frankly have never seen with any show before. It was like dropping Manuel from Faulty Towers, incredibly poor judgment.

I will give it a 4/10, the first few eps are good for a laugh, watch them, then just drop it.moreless

This Is a Best Comedy Show

By DanaranjhanaD, Oct 27, 2012

I Don't Know Why This Show Cancelled.. This Is Great Show

We Hope another Season Please...

i love this show. very geeky funny. too bad it got cancelled again

By IdaWong, Jun 03, 2012

this is just as funny as reaper. too bad it got cancelled

Let's Beat the Dead Horse

By ChuckBones, May 31, 2012

The best move Fox made was to cancel this abomination. Season 1: pretty good. Season 2: 5 episodes of sheer crap. I can't think of enough negative adjective to describe what this show became.

I'm so disappointed!

By AlexO, Apr 14, 2012

I just recently discovered this show and I thought it was really funny and fun to watch. My husband and I laughed out loud at Molly Mullally's character. I wish I had known about it sooner. After watching 3 episodes, we found out it had been cancelled. I hope they give us something as good to replace it with.

To much like the "OFFICE"

By JimCarlson, Apr 05, 2012

Tired of it what happen to the Breaking in part?

Don't You Hate It When They Try To Fix Something That Isn't Broken

By kat_nightshade, Mar 14, 2012

I am a late comer to the Fox series Breaking In having heard nothing about the series till about two weeks before season 2 started. I was excited by the premise and a fan of Bret Harrison (Cameron Price) since his "Reaper" days. I hurried to catch up and plowed through the first season in one afternoon.

Being centered around a team of semi-reformed criminals now doing good work, the show has a similar idea to another of my favorite shows Leverage. With its half hour format Breaking In is a lot lighter on the job details and features more water cooler humor and relationship-centric plot lines.

Season 1 proved to be a fun Nod-to-Nerds with multiple references to Star Wars and other pop culture icons, then throw in some office pranks and the show was quirky enough to hold my interest.

Breaking In was nearly shelved after marginal ratings during the first season. My first thought on this was that since I never heard of the show till after it was nearly cancelled. Perhaps a better advertising campaign would be in order. This show should be pulling in the same type of viewers that are fans of The Big Bang Theory, Leverage, and Chuck but no one knew about it.

Instead Fox switched up some of the cast and took a chance on the second season. Now maybe the show needed a little tweaking but essentially Fox decided to fix what wasn't broken. Dumping a couple of the first season characters and bringing a few new ones including their heavy hitter Megan Mullally.

Now don't get me wrong I like Megan Mullally, I was a fan of her in Will & Grace, and she was a hoot in Children's Hospital. But her over the top style does not mesh with the more subtle humor this show offers. In the first two episodes of the second season she has completely run over the cast, including the clever wit that Christian Slater has brought to the eccentric Oz, leader of this group of misfits. He is now the straight man to her crazy.

Also killed is the tension between the nerdy hacker Cameron and the object of his affection beautiful thief Melanie, as they have dumped Melanie's "best boyfriend in the world" and brought in super insecure but hot British secretary Molly.

I am hopeful that this is just growing pains as the show resettles into its new format.

moreless

Good show for sleepless nights.

By thatmonkey, Mar 07, 2012

I was excited for this show, but it SUCKED! B Harrison was too funny on Reaper and was great on Grounded for Life, but the last show he did on Fox was just as bad as this one. Alphonso is funny, but sucks on this show and everyone knows that C Slater is the kiss of death on TV, now matched with the new female kiss of death Megan M, this show is destined to tank. This show doesn't work and the only reason Fox kept it is because they got nothing else to put in it's place.moreless

Load More Reviews