Broadchurch

Show Reviews (17)

Superb

Really worth watching.

By Ariella, Mar 17, 2015

A rare case of the second season being even better than the impeccable first one. Love it.

Gracepoint was lost in translation

By richott39, Mar 13, 2015

David Tennant is so much better speaking with a Scottish accent. He seemed whiney in Gracepoint trying to talk like an American.

Very good! David Tennant & Olivia Colman are fantastaic

By omeboy487, Mar 04, 2015

I'm a little sad and glad that i waited till now to watch broadchurch. Everyone was not kidding about this show and it's strong lead/supporting cast/characters. Every episode is unwasted, despite not having the most novel plot (someone get's murdered, must solve), because almost every actor on screen completely dissolves into their character. Oh, and I just found out there are two more seasons. Gah!

Really good

By hegealgardsta, Feb 26, 2015

I watched season 1 in July 2014. I loved it. Yesterday I saw the last episode of season 2. This is such a great show! I loved every minute of it. David Tennant is amazing and Olivia Coleman is outstanding. Stay away from Gracepoint. The original is so much better!

I highly recoment this show!

Incredible start

By sremnes, Jan 19, 2015

Seen 2 episodes and already hooke. This show has everything. Will add more later

seconda stagione...

By betta62z, Jan 16, 2015

Ho appena visto la prima puntata della seconda stagione... ho ancora il cuore che mi batte ed il fiato corto... un vero colpo alla stomaco. Magnifico!

Another British drama to watch

By kikkapi, Aug 27, 2014

I can't say too much how much I enjoyed this series. Unlike most murder dramas, this story isn't about autopsies and gunfights. It's about human nature. It's about the tragedy of the murder of a child. It's about the court of public opinion, the sinister nature of irresponsible journalism, the failures, frailties and character. All of them, from youngest to oldest, are wonderfully imperfect human beings, and with no character is this more obvious than our protagonist, DI Alec Hardy, masterfully played by David Tennant as the world-weary detective with secrets of his own and a shadowy past. He is so wonderfully written by Chibnall and executed by Tennant that we find ourselves won over by a character that on the surface is quite unlikable.moreless

By bipity, Jun 27, 2014

Reminds me of The Killing, which I also loved (too bad AMC canned it in favor of crap like HACF). Never realized Tennant was Scottish - I'm getting the hang of the accents (maybe my Scottish ancestry) but had to interpret for my wife a few times. For a definitive tutorial on Scottish accents watch the Jason Isaacs series Case Histories...

A brilliant detective series.

By MajorTom, Jan 30, 2014

I realize that many people disagree with me on that claim. After all, there is not even one shooting incident, no fights, high adrenaline car chases. The Brits construct their detective movies and serials differently, basing it on the traditional school of Agatha Christie and other great British writers. Much attention is given to development of characters, human interaction, drama. There are false leads and sudden twists. I have enjoyed many British detective movies, but this show really excels in it, so I can certainly say that it could not be better than that. I'm not sure, though, that it would be a good idea to make the second season after all main characters are actually off the scene. But perhaps the show creators have some surprises in their sleeves, so the future will tell. But as of now, all I can say to the show creators is - good job, lads! And I'm saying this as an American who nevertheless can appreciate your work.moreless

Maybe a spoiler, but a question for those who have seen the entire series. Good show, btw.

By wudntulik2know, Sep 26, 2013

xeddog, no the dog was not killed by the nutter with the crossbow, happily. Not sure if my 'conversation' is showing up.

Doesn't help the lab whose head was blown off in Luther. Do YOU know why Brits allow their dogs to be killed in the media? Why isn't there a UK equivalent of the AHA which here monitors animal cruelty on movie and television sets. Wankers here film in other countries, and are allowed to kill animals (I have NO idea why the knuckle dragging troglodytes are allowed to kill boars and alligators here in the the AHA is falling down on this one) with abandon. Why are dogs allowed to have their heads blown off in the UK?

Amazing show, though, don't you think?

***

More dead dogs? First the lab gets his head shot off in Luther (real dog, body from a shelter where he's been gassed I'm guessing) and now a dog gets killed with a crossbow in Broadchurch?

No posts for this show, either? Interesting.

Looks like I'll be skipping this episode. You guys in the UK - do you really kill the dogs for the show, get them from shelters where they've been gassed, or what?

***

I found the spoiler for the ending online, we're up to episode 6 on the craptasticchannel BBC America.

Since I know the ending, I can watch the show with a different viewpoint.

My question on the killer (again, maybe a spoiler):

Why no remorse? I found that enormously unbelievable.moreless

Load More Reviews