Buffy the Vampire Slayer

By anastasia1243, Jun 24, 2015

1st ep, no buffy ep (2010, June 2015) ABC Family

Much needed reunion

By skywalker91, May 15, 2015

I could see a new movie or even revival of this show really working out for this show. Hey Full House, Girl Meets World, Scream movies turning into a television show the 90's are making a comeback ;)

Best Show Ever

By ehpratt, Feb 26, 2015

I got into Buffy Two years before it ended I was 12. I remember seeing Scooby doo and wanting to see more of Sarah Michelle Gellar , so two days later I was flipping through channels and found the most incredible show I ever saw. this show has everything Great Acting, Awesome fight scenes, Incredible writing. It is a show you will get addicted to

What To Watch

By Fluffy_Unicorn, Jan 19, 2015

I'm stuck on what to watch now. I've already watched Angel, Buffy the vampire slayer, supernatural, Arrow, Charmed, and even The vampire Dairies, if any one could give me suggestions on what to watch that would be a huge help

Don't judge a book by it's cover.. . . .

By trcathers, Jan 01, 2015

Very often, when you find a particularly negative review of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you find someone whose glancing opinion bounces off the surface "appearance" of the show and does not delve into the actual substance therein. Frequently, they are people who haven't really seen enough episodes to form a well thought-out opinion on the series, the content, and the characters as a whole--especially, people who have only seen a few eps from season one. Season one is the most shallow end of the series. It really gives you no clue as to what the series ends up being. Believe me, it gets more intense and complicated and dark as it goes on. If you decide to give it a try, I suggest checking out a handful of episodes from season three on before passing judgment. Some good examples are S3--The Wish, Helpless, Doppelgangland, S4--Something Blue, Hush and Restless, S5--Fool for Love, Triangle, Weight of the World, The Gift (I'd also say The Body but that one gives too much away) S6--Bargaining, Tabula Rasa, Older and Far Away, S7--Beneath You, Selfless, Conversations With Dead People, The Killer In Me, Get It Done (I'd say Chosen but it's the series finale which also would give too much away).

About the show itself--Buffy is the antithesis of the "pretty-blond-victim" who runs from the "psycho ax-murderer" in horror films past--the girl who always twisted her ankle and fell in her attempt to get away. How many times did we see that scene and feel just a little bit disgusted with the victim for not even trying to fight back? How many times did we see that scene and feel disgusted with the directors for typing female victims in this way over and over again? Buffy, herself, isn't the "traditional" feminist TV icon. Many of those are women who have forfeited the ultra-feminine symbols of their gender--love, compassion and vulnerability in order to maintain equal footing with men. Buffy doesn't do this. Buffy embraces those symbols in one hand and hones and wields them to fight evil in the other.

The show appears as a bubble-gum program, aimed at teens and while it's fan-base is largely younger viewers (teens-twenties), it's major themes profoundly confront the more mature ideas of good vs. evil, life and death, friendship, religion, the soul and the true meanings of power and love in such a way that is rarely addressed in current entertainment. It challenges the traditional ideas of religion as being an "institution" and asserts that it is something to be lived, that real love requires self-sacrifice, that true friendship requires far-reaching forgiveness, that true power is rooted in love and compassion and that good and evil, while in shades of gray can still be defined.moreless

Still the best ever !!

By VirginieTrott, Dec 04, 2014

It's been more than 10 years and I still havn't seen anything as good as Buffy.

It was clever, fun, tough... and so real... the metaphores with teenage issues were just perfect.

I think there is not a single day when I'm not thinking about it

I'm still hoping for a special episode or a movie !! you know.. see what the world has become since the end of sunnydale.

Thank you Josss Whedon for sharing your worl with us...

In the World of Joss Whedon

By Jkahklen, Aug 06, 2014

I'm still looking for a show that has so much depth and originality. You just have to love Joss Whedon's work! A budget doesn't make a show, the script and actors do. He did an amazing job on both parts. 10/10 with no hesitation.

MOD PLEASE DELETE

By Ethanescence, Jul 13, 2014

MOD PLEASE DELETE

partly living in the Buffyverse for the half of life...

By peyngel, Dec 14, 2013

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is brilliant TV-show. and I even think it's my MOST favorite one!!! it's ended like 10 years ago... and now re-watching the whole show I discover, realize and figure out smth new for me -- and I guess I like it even more than when I was a teen!

the show made me laugh so hard and cry with all my heart almost in every episode. it still does. so how can you not admire smth that is so powerful and great? I love "Buffy", I can't stop loving it! believe me, I've tried -- it didn't work. it's the show I was growing up on. and I guess it's smth that you'll carry through all of your life. at least, I hope so, 'coz I don't wanna forget! and I really miss it...

it's hard to say which episode is my fave 'coz there were many great episodes and many special ones (like "Hush", "One More, With Feeling", "Chosen"). it's hard to say which episode I don't like 'coz it's impossible for me to dislike smth from "Buffy". I can't even say who is my fave character 'coz there are so many of them -- well, top 5 is (without any order): Buffy, Spike, Willow, Xander and Anya, I guess... in fact, I love them all, even Clem :) though I can tell that my fave season is 6th -- and the reasons are: I'm a huge fan of Spuffy; I love Willow (especially, the Dark One); there is this most unexpected awful death of Tara; there are such great epis like "Once More, With Feeling", "Tabula Rasa", "Grave"; and I admire the season finale every time I watch it 'coz it is the only time when the destroying of the world is stopped just by expressing human love -- no Slayer, no magick... just friends for life Xander and Willow.

plus, I really wanna mention one of my fave actresses of all times Sarah Michelle Gellar. there wouldn't be "Buffy" we know without her. there wouldn't be 7(!) seasons without her. and who knows... probably we even wouldn't fall in love with the show without her!

so in conclusion, thanks to all cast and crew that let us to admire this fairy tale!moreless

Load More Reviews