ABC Is Developing a TV Series Based on Castle's Derrick Storm Novels

By LizRaftery

Aug 21, 2014

The Derrick Storm novels penned by Castle's title character may soon be getting their own standalone series.

According to Variety, ABC is developing a show based on Richard Castle's (Nathan Fillion) best-selling mystery books, which have also been published in real life. Gregory Poirier (Missing) is writing the pilot and executive-producing with Castle creator Andrew Marlowe (who announced this summer that he's stepping down as primary showrunner) and Marlowe's wife, Terri Edda Miller. 

Derrick Storm, the hero of the novels, is a spy who helps the CIA with secret missions. 

Castle kicks off Season 7 on Monday, September 29 at 10pm on ABC.

• Comments (42)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • stingerq8 Aug 25, 2014

I think it's a great idea :)

• rpennycuff Aug 24, 2014

I can't wait! Hope this series does as well as Castle.

• Mcarson09 Aug 24, 2014

It's a better idea than the How I met your dad show!!

• missjudgment Aug 22, 2014

So meta.

• CurlyMC Aug 22, 2014

So a fictional character from a series of real books. by a fictional author in a fictional tv show, is going to get his own fictional tv show. Gotta Love it.

• Copioli Aug 22, 2014

That's a totally bad idea.

• CalumRobertson Aug 22, 2014

Looking at those titles, they're gonna run out of useable storm puns quickly.

• maxdementis Oct 03, 2014

John Sandford is still going strong with variations on "prey"....

• xubxerox Aug 22, 2014

Oh, somehow I doubt that....

... either because the show won't survive that long or because they will come up with some really crazy ones..

• rishabhpb Aug 22, 2014

But still my webcomic about a stationary worm won't get adapted. Cruel world.

• ianjd Aug 21, 2014

Now we just need Derrick Storm to write Nathan Fillion fiction and complete the circle...

• BMcKee Aug 22, 2014

Well, in the Nikki Heat books the Took character mentions that "Nathan" would be a good choice to play him in a movie adaptation of an article he wrote about Nikki Heat. Round and round and round in a circle game.

• Kallenprice97 Aug 21, 2014

Well, these books were never intended to truly be best sellers. They were a marketing gimmick for the show – and a very effective one. But, with the right creative team, this could be a very interesting show.

I will certainly give it a shot.

• See More Comments (13)