Countdown

Episode Reviews (13)

Great

Another good one.

By bbch25, Nov 19, 2015

I am kind of wondering why the hell Josh is there? He's a cardiac surgeon, he should be in hospital or not working on them at all. This is a paramedics job. And ok Javi called Josh to ask where Beckett is, but why is he at the scene, so quickly too? Oh well, this is me just not liking him over Castle.

I actually like this episode. While I get where people are saying it's stupid that pulling all the cords at once could turn the bomb off, at the same time it's not. You have NO idea what to do, you're about to die probably, and want to save the city/country... why not just do something? I'd probably do the same thing if I had no idea. And people wire these so intricately sometimes that the idea someone would pull ALL the cords out at the same time might not occur to them.. Not entirely silly.

And I loved how torn Castle was about telling his family, and telling Little Castle not to tell Ashley. I liked how serious he was and his speech about how it's not fair.

And seriously people saying there was no emotion between Castle and Kate in the freezer? Like it was all emotion, Kate is dating Josh, she is torn between being loyal and telling her feelings, also not knowing if they'd be reciprocated and why would you want your last thought to be "oh he didn't feel for me". And I bet 99% she was about to say she loved him, or at least something along those lines. Nice moment.

One thing slightly surprises me is that Fallon isn't THAT good at his job... And why do the government not employ Castle by this point.. He has solved probably more than Kate and whatever she has solved he helped her with, he pretty much solved this terrorist case single handedly, everyone else just helped with the leg work. If I worked in an agency I'd be trying to hire him. Kate isn't all that amazing without Castle...

I thought Fallon's acting was quite good, him saying "I'm sorry" I felt like he was saying it to not just them, but to me, to us, to his wife..

I know we knew they'd survive.. and people that complain about near death situations being lame because we know they'll survive.. it's not about that, it's about knowing HOW they get out and what happens after. Such as Kate getting shot, we know she'll survive, but what happens after... we didn't know if Castle would pull the cords, if Fallon would solve it, or if it'd just fail to go off. I thought Javi kind of killed the mood with "no really, you have no idea how lucky you are". Yeah they know that, but let them have their moment! I think they deserve their medals.moreless

Amazing Episode!

By FGProdigy, Apr 10, 2013

Guys, come on. Be a little more lenient. The acting from the cast was fantastic! The chemistry from all the characters working together was great. Although the Caskett duo despised Agent Fallon at first, they find out that he has to be this way in order to prevent any more disasters. We find out that Agent Fallon's wife was killed in the 9-11 incident and when he threatened to put a bullet through the suspect's head, the bullets were already removed. Caskett once again defies death 2 times this episode. From when they almost freeze to death and when the nuclear bomb almost goes off. Also the part when they cuddle in the freezer and hold hands moments just before the bomb is set to explode really enhances Castle and Beckett's relationship. Not only that but at the end of the day when Beckett and her boyfriend are hugging, you can see that Beckett looks at Castle until he leaves. Clearly, there is something going on here ;) Great episode and keep it up!moreless

2/28

By thefanof, Nov 05, 2011

I am glad that I am not the only one who was upset with this episode. I get that some two parters often have the first hour be better than the second, but the first half was mediocre and this was just a disaster. Meaningless and contrived action scenes out of nowhere, Castle coming off like a complete moron out there, and then teasing Castle and Beckett dying. Fine, but how they avoided death, by him ripping every wire out, that really irked me.

Weak episode from the script alone, and I just never got invested in the storyline. Sorry Castle, but the truth hurts.moreless

This episode was one of the worst written ones so far...

By troyx87, Oct 27, 2011

Spoilers ahead.

This is my first time writing a review on this site, but I just found it so necessary after watching this episode. There were so many things wrong about this episode (and the previous one leading up to this) but Im gonna focus on one main thing.

The Castle/Beckett relationship. Two times in this episode the pair were going to die, yet we never saw any signs of love/even like for each other. These 2 have been dodging their attraction for 3 years now (tv time), though when it comes to facing certain death, neither has any affection for the other to show, even if it may be their last ever. Theres never a look of 'I've always loved you', a kiss or even a hug. The kiss from one of the previous issues was a huge step forward, but for it to be like theres nothing between the 2 when the couple is facing death, after everything that has happened in this shows existance is extremely irritating and poorly written. As much as I love this show, I was so frustrated that I was considering giving up on it. I really hope this wasnt the season finale.

The relationship aside, there were many other plot holes too. At the end of the first of this 2 parter, they find the bomb and start getting shot at. Castle is doing nothing, wouldnt a first instinct/necessary move to be to call 911 and tell that that you have found the nuke that is threatening to destroy manhatten? Obviously they were getting shot at, but they skipped a majorly important step. Also, what moron runs into a shipping container? Yes, getting shot at makes you want/need to run, but that is pure stupidity and Beckett is smarter than that. Who doesnt know that they can be locked and barricaded?

Next thing: Trying to get out of said shipping container/freezer. There were clearly refridgeration pipes on the wall, kicking them would either result in a kink, or breakage, which would leak or stop fluid running, therefore slowing down the cooling process. Thats not rocket science. And there were was clearly a fan unit on the back wall, they never even tried to kick that out, which would have resulted in freedom. They avoided these 2 obvious options and decided to sit in the cold, ready to die and not tell the other how much they really care, which is an obvious lie from everything we've ever seen.

To put in some nice words, the first ep of this 2 parter was good for the most part. The change of feel, music and vibe was a welcome change, but its the last 10 minutes or so that got to me. This episode itself, so many things were just wrong and poorly written that have caused a major drop of respect from me.moreless

Unlike many others,I feel this is a good episode. The first one is ok,but I feel this part is better.

By pr0teu5, Aug 25, 2011

I think the writers are trying to get the different view point of American Homeland security. Like 70's FBI and CIA, now day the Homeland Security has the "bad" reputation. This is a episode about them as much is about people's fears(and the action come after that fear, like racial profiling). How easy it's for us as people to generalization an whole race. At the same time,the plotline point out how hard it's to protect others when you need to be paranoid about everyone, and that many people hate/dislike you for it. People also have habit to forget those that give their life to save and protect others, when they are not in distress. Personally I find this episode did bring out both side quite nicely. The whole plot is quite "normal" in Castle. A fine plot with twist. Because this one is without the normal "hei,look, a arabic man, must be the terrorist" flavor, I give this a plus 8.5. Spoilers:

The dying by freezing was quite ok, but not as good as it could have been. But I did like the fact before Castle fall in to unconsciousness, Beckett was trying to say "I love you". And he wake up with "Biker boy" ogle at him XD. I find it quite funny.moreless

Ice, Ice Baby, Part 2

By pretty_sure, Aug 24, 2011

Oh my gosh, you people need to take a major chill pill, and you know I'm mad because I haven't used that phrase since the '90s when I was watching Rugrats in my feety pajamas!

Ok, so it wasn't the perfect episode, but it was still good. It was a great episode. You people are so critical, when this was good. I would like to see all you who rated this a 6 or less I would like to see you all write a better episode!

It wasn't the perfect conclusion, but none the less it is Castle at it's best, and if you don't like it then don't f***ing watch!moreless

A great disappointment.

By srrabbit, Jun 04, 2011

This is stupid sophomoric garbage written no doubt by a bureaucrat from homeland security. Had nothing to do with he usual fun and sophistication of the program and could have been insinuated into anything from I Love Lucy to Captain Kangeroo. Funeral tones from a federal officer reminding everyone of the "threat" and why we must remain vigilant. Oh, please!

And the plot! Oh my goodness--let's be as trite and immature as we can possibly be. The only good part was the two in the freezer but then there was no time to get them out. No transition. No real explanation. Just hurry through so we can get back to the absurdity of the theme. Certainly the most disappointing episode in the program's history. Let's hope that this was just an aberration and not representative of the next season's offerings.moreless

If I wanted to watch 24, I wouldn't be watching Castle.

By mot425, Apr 07, 2011

Big Castle fan but this episode exposes ABC's conservative bias. Instead of the usual murder mystery we get a bunch of government propaganda bullet points: terrorists (foreign or domestic) are always out there ready to attack with dirty bombs etc., our national security people might occasionally push the limits but are always good and just and well-intentioned and would never do anything illegal, we should be more aware of our [manufactured] wars and the troops, etc.

At one point Beckett pondered how many times such occurrences have happened since 9/11 without anybody realizing it... the answer to that question is, **nothing like this has ever happened**. Our government and media enthusiastically announce anything that even remotely resembles an act of terrorism or a terrorist plot. When some guy tried to set his underwear on fire in a plane, we heard about it for months. If the government ever uncovered a terrorist plot with a massive dirty bomb, you can be sure it would be in the news for YEARS.

I thought Castle might eventually become an outlet for government propaganda considering the network it airs on, but it's still sad to see it happen.moreless

Almost

By pjt, Mar 27, 2011

I think I'll call this and the previous episode the "The Almost" episodes.

In the previous episode, 'Setup', they almost got radioactive poisoning, but didn't, then Castle almost admitted his feelings to Kate but got interrupted by Montgomery. Then almost got off the case, but they managed to get the info to work on and found the bomb. Then they got almost shot, but managed to run into the freezer.

In this episode they almost froze to death, but luckily their colleagues defied a direct order and saved them. While in the freezer Kate almost confessed her feelings to Castle, but just passed out before she could do that. Then Josh almost went abroad for another couple of months but stayed instead to help them in the ambulance. The DHS guy almost shot the suspect, but it turned out to be only trick to force a confession out of him (And it looked as if Kate almost shot the DHS guy, but she couldn't really have done it, and he said, he knew that). After that they almost go in time to Nazihah Alhabi's house but she just got abducted before that. And then they found the bomb, and they got almost blown up, but then Castle ripped all the cables out and they were saved. Then Beckett jumped to hug Castle and almost held on to him too long, but then she came to her senses and let him go. The mayor almost gave them a medal for saving the city. Finally Castle almost confessed his feelings to Beckett, but then he saw Josh, and changed his mind in the last minute.

Actually I don't know which direction this will take now, because it's obvious for both of them what they feel for each other, so it's gonna be rather unrealistic if nothing happens between them this season, so I predict a big confession from at least one of them as the season cliffhanger.moreless

Wow...

By yarnqueen, Mar 27, 2011

I agree with whoever it was that remarked about how "hot" Josh is--of course he is, he wouldn't be competition if he wasn't!

The incredible moments in this and the first part, are the times that he sends his family away. In the first part, not only does he send them away, but he sends Alexis away mad. That would haunt her forever if he hadn't been around to save the day!

Whoever said that this was a vent for the government's conservative wing must be looking backwards. A conservative viewpoint would have had the Syrians as the bad guys for the whole show. It was a cool twist to have EVERYONE that Kate and Castle thought were safely out of the city come back!

And how they all (Martha, Alexis, and Josh) worked together to save Castle and Kate's lives.

The "Fallon" guy was kind of a re-visitation of the Dana Delany 2- parter, a real nasty guy who turns out sympathetic at the end.

Some reall chills and thrills, previously stated by other reviewers.moreless

Load More Reviews