Episode Reviews (20)

Sharp and tense

By PattyRodrgu, May 05, 2013

I truly loved who they picked to play Castle's Father! He's still so good looking after all these years.. but I digress.. the characteristics, the banter all played well. Excellent episode!

Castle's Father!

By FGProdigy, Apr 16, 2013

Castle really stepped up his game this episode. He refrained from being the silly Castle because his daughter's life was on the line and even Beckett understood what he was going through. All people in this episode wanted to help Castle by working their hardest including Gates.

In this episode, we get to meet Castle's father who works for the CIA. I'm sure that he'll reappear and play a semi-major role later on. I still can't imagine how smart Castle's father is. He predicted what the kidnapper would try to do and counteracted it. Overall, very good episode and I'm not sugercoating it just because I love Castle. This episode was very good and deserved a 10.moreless

Hunt - Castle

By thefanof, Apr 01, 2013

The second part of the two parter was solid yet again, but I think there is so much more they could have done. I noted the Taken similarities (or near identical premise) but it is still an entertaining episode.

Dramatic and fun at the same time.

Ma vue est le contraire...

By elissamillerc, Mar 09, 2013

Unlike a lot of people, I absolutely loved this episode. Normally I see things coming, and though the whole spy thing is a little unbelievable (in terms of a one-night thing inspiring a well trained spy to keep close tabs on the woman and his the childhood photos of Alexis on the wall weren't logical given that that place wouldn't have been his long term living arrangements, and all that was necessary was the picture of her with proof of life, and maybe the kidnappers surveillance photos) we should remember that this IS fiction, and hey, spies do exist, and who says they can't have hearts? If we suspend disbelief there, it was an enjoyable episode. I got really into it, and am really pleased. I think it'll be a while, though, before they bring this heritage up again. It would make for some interesting story lines, as long as they are reeeeally careful with it. Hopefully they go back to the normal writer/cop story lines for a good long while after this before attempting to resurrect the father thing. Summary: I loved this, and will gladly watch it again.moreless

Cliche episode

By Patrs, Mar 01, 2013

mnementh01 has already told what was strange in this episode, as an american point of view. I will had some cliche that sound strange from a french point of view:

- Castle is so poor that he can travel to France? Green screen is awful, and alway to show that we are in Paris we have the tour Eiffel. Funny as you can not see the tour Eiffel so nicely everywhere in Paris.

- the French old Gaston is trying to pick the waitress up... and all american people are traveling with their guns?

- the american embassy is in fact the French Stock Exchange. It may be more easy to enter in this big building than in the real american embassy that is quite smaller (but more nice)...

- at the beginning, the 2-3 days to have help from France. In such case, I don't think France is so backward that the cooperation can't be more fast. That's even in contradiction with the moment when Ryan comes back with information from french police.

- one little things funny for me : the french people are played by an american (Paul Rogan as La Taupe), an Canadian english (Christopher Heyerdahl as Jacque Henri (do they know that normal speling is Jacques)) and the best for the end an english man (Christopher Curry as Gaston)... when you know the big love between french and english, that's sound very funny ! They don't have a french guy or their accent was so awful?

Except those incongruity, this was a nice episode but not the best. No humour, only action, no pleasure.moreless

By woodm25, Mar 01, 2013

Its wasnt suppose to be a full plot your looking for that stick to why its a TV series, it was a great dialogue to open up new plots and stories in future episodes. Its always done like that in TV series and is either explained in future episodes or gradually from season to season.

Who knew??

By fondazion, Mar 01, 2013

You know to those naysayers who thought this was a lame episode, why don't you stick with reality tv its entertainment, the show is entertainment, since when does any of this series make sense in what universe?? Its great entertainment. Go watch nova if you are looking for reality,, check out pbs. I love this show its hokey unpredictable and fun. Great midseason episode.

By tomasedstrom, Feb 27, 2013

Who sold off the script writers? And who's idea was it to use interns to write? These two episodes seems like a death knell to the series. I sincerely hope the quality goes up. (That's the only way

(And please, the blind hacker with supernatural hearing was stretched in Sneakers, and that was in '92).

By donbeal1, Feb 26, 2013

Who knew that James Brolin could be such an amazing badass? Loved this episode, would like to see Castle's father back in the picture for bit parts.

Most stupid episode ever

By CarlosR628891, Feb 26, 2013

That was the most ridiculous, most unbelievable, most illogical, most fault-fraught episode ever. The whole thing was cartoon category. Daddy "super-spy" who has all the information on everything at all times (really??) plus all the equipment one would ever need, and who's magically on the spot in the woods without transport and shoots all the baddies in two seconds even though they were far apart, ex-KGB super-bad oligarch (threatening someone with a gun when the person you're on the phone with can't see - really??), a quick clean escape from an unknown building full of armed mercs, the "embassy" just round the corner, embassy steps which painfully obviously weren't, armed guards prowling in the open which French intelligence would never allow, not to mention very poor green screen shots (also, did you notice how the position of the Eiffel Tower shifted between shots) - I could go on and on. Lousy, cheap, ignorant - worst episode ever.moreless

Load More Reviews