Murder He Wrote

Episode Reviews (6)

Great

Murder He Wrote

By thefanof, Oct 18, 2012

A bit early in the relationship, or at least the season, for this kind of effort, isn't it? I liked the idea of the clueless Hampton cops, but the murder was not really one we could follow along with as they did not make the true killer apparent and introduce him until the very end.

Solid outing, but not crazy about Caskett being shoved down our throats.

5x4 Superb

By FrancescFerre, Oct 17, 2012

Best episode so far

5x04 - Hamptons Heat

By JDML23, Oct 17, 2012

This was a great episode. Not only was it an interesting mystery in a homage to weekend murder mysteries but it also was full of hilarity. Watching Castle and Beckett (Casket!) run around trying to do everything possible to keep their secret relationship from getting back to NYC cracked me up so much. And so did Esposito's and Ryan's curiosity about it.

Great Episode!

By xfilesrules12, Oct 16, 2012

This was such a great episode on so many levels. There was classic direction from Rob Bowman and tremendous lighting effects from Bill Roe. It was so great to get out of the city and see something so bright and beautiful. The ocean views and general outdoor shots on location at the Hamptons were very well chosen. I also loved the contrasting scene where Esposito and Ryan explore the warehouse in the dark with their flashlights- so reminiscent of Mulder and Scully in the dark shadows. They always loved to play with low light in that series and they used it here to great effect. The episode has comedy, suspense, sexual tension and a very heartfelt ending which I won't spoil for anyone who has not seen it yet. By far and away the most well crafted and enjoyable episode this season. I guess this is what happens when you go on location and you get the pros in to direct:) I hope this level of work continues.moreless

The best so far this season

By AdedayoAdelakun, Oct 16, 2012

Everything was good about this episode, The interrupted weekend get away with murder, Ryan and Esposito trying to find out who Kate's boyfriend is. Castle helping them out!! Castle referring to himself and Kate as caskett hahaha that was priceless. Ryan finding out about Kate and Castle in the interview!! That was well written and so funny. I also liked the chief at the Hamptons, he was a good addition to this episode. All in all a fantastic and well written and executed episode. This by far will probably be the best season of castle yet!! Loving itmoreless

Absolute perfection

By SlainValhallan, Oct 16, 2012

This episode knocked it out of the park. Funny, thrilling, mysterious, and fantastically romantic all topped out with a compelling murder case.

The usual classic banter between ryan and esposito and castle and beckett was there and the hampton's local cop only added to that.

The fact that Castle himself referenced "Caskett" was an awesome nod to the fans of the tv show and the writers are just astounding for doing such fan service.

I'm also glad that ryan decided to keep castle and beckett's relationship a secret from esposito and everyone else. Just goes to show you how awesome of a character Ryan is becoming in this show. Don't worry, esposito is still amazingly awesome as well.

All in all, this episode was sweet on the fans, great as a murder case, and sweet as a romance.

5/5 Absolutely loved everything about it! :Dmoreless