Blinded by the Whitelighter

Episode Reviews (21)

Superb

Blinded by the Whitelighter

By TrueTvWatcher, Apr 13, 2012

Blinded by the Whitelighter was another perfect and very entertaining episode of Charmed. I really enjoyed watching because there was humor, action, and lots of magic. A warlock killing witches and stealing their powers focuses on the Charmed Ones and Whitelighters. There were some great laughs, intriguing drama, and suspenseful moments. I liked how the story unfolded and was excited to see a challenging foe for the sisters to conquer and vanquish. It was great to see them put to test by another Whitelighter named Nancy. In the end Piper learns that they have earned Nancy's blessing and that of the High Council. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!moreless

I believe Prodigy said it best with "slapdabichyup"...

By iltarion, Jun 27, 2011

This is a great episode that belongs among Season 3's best.

It was a stroke of genius to bring another whitelighter into the foray, namely a female with a long history with Leo. I would have preferred an attractive whitelighter to raise Piper's jealousy a Defcon or two, but at least this whitelighter is wonderfully annoying and uproariously sexually frustrated. The drill sergeant scene was somewhat unoriginal but still entertaining thanks to the sisters' petulance and Prue's ultra-low top. The whitelighter "talk" is hilarious, especially the sisters' reaction to it. Great writing there.

Our bad this week has the perhaps over-ambitious plan to actually wreak havoc in Elderville by killing whitelighters and thus making their charges vulnerable. Ames is similar to Matthew Tate in that he is a warlock who can steal powers and blink. He is a capable bad guy, though overshadowed by his plan. I found it curious that the Elders can't protect themselves from one warlock with a crossbow; they certainly can in Season 7. It was also quite strange that the sisters agreed to sacrifice Natalie. After all, how else could they ambush Ames in Elderville unless she died? Great vanquish though with all the sisters working together.

As expected, Phoebe can't hold her secret any longer and tells Leo that Cole is still around. Their scene at the club might be the closest Phoebe and Leo ever come to romance. As we saw in Season 2, Leo almost seems to be Phoebe's whitelighter even while being Piper's man. That bond is at least partially transferred to Paige once she is around.moreless

Piper jealous!

By aussieforgood, Apr 19, 2011

Another really great episode for this season. The more episodes I watch the more I'm convinced that season 3 is the best season of Charmed.

This episode was fantastic & very funny. We get to meet a fellow whitelighter of Leo's, Natalie who unlike Leo believes in following the rules. Piper hates her & is even a little if not very jealous of her.

The 3 sisters take an instant dislike to her, and we find out that Whitelighters have a clickity clack language of thier own. Plus we get a look at "Whitlighter central".

Pheobe tells Leo about Cole, & Leo decides he's too emotionally attached to the sisters so Natalie takes over as thier Whitelighter, and they have to follow the rules, which they hate.

The death of Natalie near the end was sad & you could see that the sisters had just begun to like her.

moreless

General Goody-Two-Shoes and her Soldier Witches

By lenzinoH20, Apr 19, 2011

Blinded By a Whitelighter-The sisters must stop a warlock from executing his plan to steal specific powers from witches in his attempt to kill every whitelighter in the world.

A truly fantastic episode that sees the writers creating a brilliant script that mixes together all Charmed's greatness for a stellar hour of television. Despite a slightly over-the-top, campy performance by Steve Valentine, Eames is definately one of the most well developed villains the writers ever had. Eames' M.O. is one of the most elaborate, even smartest a demon has ever come up with on the series and the way he goes about executing each part of his plan, not to mention tricking the sisters multiple times into getting them to do what he wants brings some superb twists. Audrey Wasilewski (Natalie) really shines as the book-worm whitelighter who soon becomes the unlikely leader for the sisters when trying to prepare them to battle Eames. This is probably the highlight of the storyline as Natalie's presence brings some of the funniest scenes of Charmed. From Natalie and Leo's hilarious "click-clacking" language to Piper's humorous comebacks towards Natalie to pretty much all 3 sisters overall resentment toward her, especially in the training sequence where Natalia coaches the sisters' through their battle strategy against Eames as the dialogue is just priceless:

Prue: Tell me again why we're doing this?

Piper: Because one bad word from General Goody-Two-Shoes, and I'm not getting married.

and

Natalie (discussing taking the crossbow from Eames): Now talk me through how you plan to separate me from my crossbow.

Piper: Ok, first I freeze you.

Natalie: I deflect that.

Phoebe: I guess I could levitate and kick you.

Natalie: You just kicked a clone.

Prue: All right, how about if I send an Astral Prue as a decoy and then just, you know... (uses her telekenesis to knock the fake crossbow from Natalie's hands) Oh, I'm so sorry.

Natalie: Not as sorry as you would be if I just blinked behind you and stabbed you to death.

Prue: Well, that would be bad.

Other great scenes are Eames torturing a young witch before killing her, Eames tricking the sisters and killing Natalie, then of course, the climax as the sisters go "up there" and defeat Eames in a stunning vanquish scene. The episode also features well written sup-plots with Phoebe being investigated by Inspector Davidson and Phoebe telling Leo the truth about not vanquishing Cole. It's nice that at least someone besides Phoebe knows the truth and promises a lot for Phoebe as she must now come clean to her sisters. All and All, "Blinded by a Whitelighter" is one of the best episodes of this season filled with action, comedy, twists, thrills, and fine acting!moreless

Look out! There's a nasty demon around, not to mention a very annoying female Whitelighter.

By Lady_Lancaster, Mar 20, 2011

The sisters and Leo learn that there is a Warlock running amok who wishes to steal the powers of the powerful and they know that they must do something to stop him. Things became more than a little amusing at this point when Whitelighter, Natalie, who has known Leo for a long time, turns up on the scene, makes Piper extremely jealous (not sure why) and annoys the heck out of the other sisters.

Natalie is like someone newly graduated from the Marines, with a penchant for crossing all the 'T's and dotting all the I's. She is also aggravating in the extreme in her condescending manner towards the girls, whilst happily carrying on a weird 'click clack' type conversation with Leo.

For me, the best part of the episode was when a very vulnerable Phoebe decided to come clean to Leo about Cole as Phoebe never really does have anyone she can talk to. It was sweet. Complicated, but sweet.moreless

The b*tch from heaven

By Blinksterboy, Dec 22, 2007

I'd been wondering when they would do an episode about whitelighters. They've been going on about the elders and their rules for ages now so it's good to see these ideas finally brought to life.

The demon plot is on a grand scale this week and ties in well with the rulebreaking theme. Sadly for the writers, the actor playing the warlock doesn't do the role any justice at all. The bloke playing the darklighter (phwoarr!) shows more ability in thirty seconds than he shows in the whole hour.

What really makes this episode is, of course, Natalie. Top marks to the guest actress for making her so wonderfully annoying. Her constant sparring with the Charmed Ones produces some very funny and well acted moments. The best has to be when Prue grins at her and says "Piper froze ya!". There are also a few naff moments, for example the scene where she is marching up and down like a sergeant major. What exactly did she do in the war anyway? Nag the Germans to death?

What this storyline shows is just how much the Charmed Ones have in common with their whitelighter. Both parties are reckless, neither obeys the rules and neither could care less what the elders think. Sounds good to me.

Phoebe's subplot resumes after a week off and, this time, she finally confesses to Leo. I thought he could have been a bit more understanding. After all, he knows Cole is half human.

I enjoyed seeing Elderland but I'm also glad they didn't give too much away. I did like the whitelighter language. It's making me chuckle even as I'm writing this. More please!

I think this is the first time I've ever rated an episode lower than Maxpower03. Had to happen someday.moreless

Great episode, funny, they look good and lots of kickass scenes

By SamFrancisco101, Oct 24, 2007

This is my favorite episode by far. I love the humor in this episode leo saying "if you wanna freeze me in bed for your own personal pleasure, but freezing Natalie isnt going to help", along with the clicking or 'whitelighteese'. when Piper freezes Natalie, Prue says "Piper froze ya, yep" and smirkes, think its great... when they are moaning about her whilst writing the vanquishing spell!! The twist of Aimes being the bow was very clever, writers were doing their jobs! However I dont think they needed to put the scene in with Pheobe and the cop, brought a downer onto whats a very funny, comical episode!moreless

Piper and Leo are finally engaged

By Slayergirlkal, Aug 16, 2007

So a warlock is trying to kill all the whitelighters to leave their charges vulnerable! Wow it sounds like one of them isn't a complete moron. This was probably one of the smartest warlocks they faced which made the episode enjoyable because they always seem to make the bad guy the stupid guy too so it was different in a good way. I hate Natalie though almost as much as Piper did. She was so annoying especially after Leo asked her to be their whitelighter. She just gave the impression that she was evil and somehow going to trick the charmed ones and kill them. And she was too commanding. I loved how she told Prue, Piper, and Phoebe that they needed new clothes and then Prue was like "then I have nothing to wear." That part was actually semi-amusing.

I loved that Phoebe wanted to talk to Leo about Cole. It was sweet almost that she told him that she didn't really vanquish him. I liked the fact that she trusted Leo more than her sisters. It was however slightly amusing to see that her vanquishing Cole was a main focus even if she really didn't, but it was also slightly annoying and drawn out.

It was funny to see the girls all talking about vanquishing Natalie if they had he chance it was funny to see Piper like "don't tempt me" about it. I loved the vanquishing spell they came up with it was funny to hear when they finally put it all together. I loved that even though they did everything Natalie wanted them to do they still got beat and Natalie died. I liked that Leo came back though and took them up so they could save the elders.

This was a really good episode and I enjoy watching it.moreless

The sisters must stop a warlock from executing his plan to steal specific powers from witches in his attempt to kill every whitelighter in the world.If they lose he will become even more powerfull.

By rachel4eva, Feb 06, 2007

I thought this was an absolutely great episode it was really really funny. Natalie acted like she was in charge all the time and it was funny when her a leo started speaking in those weird clicks and stuff> piper and prues faces were hilarious and prue was like " whitelighterese?". The training scene was great and the episode seemed to be finished in no time at all that was how great i thought it was. I don't know about all the other people but this was my favourite ever episode and deserves a 10 out of 10 i really like the writer that wrote the episode.moreless

Once again i don't really like this episode.

By i00smiles4you, Dec 27, 2006

Once again i don't really like this episode. I hate Nataile and how she has to follow every rule. And has to take over Leo's spot to help the charmed who don't really follow her rules anyway. I do love there secret langauge which is click and claking noise. It's funny. I hate how leo and Nataile talk at the same thing and say the same thing. Maybe i just don't like Natalie because the harmed ones don't like her. This episode is a lot about following the rules and that you should follow them.moreless

Load More Reviews