Charmed Again (2)

Episode Reviews (22)

Superb

Charmed Again (2)

By TrueTvWatcher, Apr 14, 2012

Charmed Again (2) was a perfect episode and really brought the fourth season premiere to full circle and introduced us to the long lost sister Paige. It was awesome watching the sisters in action with Inspector Cortez on their trail. Cole really went out of his way to help the sisters fight The Source. I liked the way The Source was portrayed. The special effects, editing and over all production were all well done. I certainly look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!moreless

Outsourced...

By iltarion, Jul 07, 2011

This is a strong second installment to the opener of Season 4.

Here Piper and Phoebe practically do a role reversal with Phoebe now being the uncertain and grieving sister and Piper starting to insert herself as the new leader of the Charmed Ones. Piper is still too rough with Paige though, and Phoebe continues to be the better communicator with their youngest sister. Rose McGowan, as Paige, continues to impress, and her scene in the church when she discovers her power to orb objects is classic. The fact that she also flees the sisters and goes running to a BF when in trouble will remain an unfortunate character-trait of hers throughout the series. Should the Source of all evil just be able to blithely walk into a church? I would think not. So, though demons do so throughout the series, I was glad that at least the Source was not able to in this episode, as the gargoyle protectors of the church stopped him from entering. The part where Cole was nearly killed was somewhat nonsense, and again, the threat of exposure was completely unnecessary considering the end of Season 3, besides being preposterous. But at least it all ended well.

Paige's near turn to evil was very well done, as was the final battle between the Source and the sisters. Why the Source would just leave the sisters alone rather than trying to vanquish them right there is somewhat a mystery, but I guess he didn't feel he had the power yet to take on the Power of Three. The ending at P3s and then back at the manor was fantastic, as the sisters appear to finally let Paige in. Very touching scene.

I will complain briefly here that it is unfortunate the writers of Charmed decided to go away from the Lucifer-like representation of the Source in All Hell Breaks Loose. That was by far his coolest appearance. In this season, the Source becomes like just another powerful demon, and in this episode, he is even doing his own dirty work. That is too bad, IMO. Would the Lord of the Underworld really be bothering to possess humans? Don't see it. I think the writers could have left him the way that he was.

Otherwise, great start to Season 4. Rose McGowan is just adorable, and I love Paige's powers. Since Piper is the heart of the series anyway, it is great to see her take the leadership role. And this is also a brief great time for the series when Cole, Leo and Phoebe all have their powers and are working together. Great things are yet ahead.

This was Charmed's first attempt at a two part episode to start a season, and it would forever be Charmed best attempt. Really, the more I watch these first two episodes the more I appreciate the writing of both. With Prue's death, they needed to get this season off to a strong start, and they did that. Fantastic job.moreless

All Sisters Reunited

By gopink, Jun 23, 2011

This episode is about All of three sisters reunited and became Charmed one once again. Of course, Charmed are reborn. Paige took too much for her that she is half witch and half whitelighter. She doesnt understand why her real parents abandoned her all of years. However, Paige's adoptive parents were killed in car accident when she was in high school. She had to take care of herself after that. However, This episode is pretty awesome because it is very special honor that Charmed are reborn again and fight demons and evil. Paige have to get it very slow to understand that she is witch and whitelighter.moreless

'There's a lot going on in this hour and a few of the subplots fall flat on their face'

By MovieMark, Apr 24, 2011

Not quite the catastrophe I remember it to be, or maybe I'm just in a forgiving mood, but Part 2 is a solid conclusion to the premiere, if a little lackluster in comparison to the 1st part. This is Rose's episode and it highlights her strengths and weaknesses as an actor, but she still manages to pull it off.

Down the line, Rose's slant on Paige changes, presumably it had something to do with the producers, as she sports a new fiery look next season, but I really do like this Paige far better than what becomes of her later on. She seems more down to earth and Rose just comes across far better for it. Sure, her reaction-acting needs quite the touch up – in fact, someone should seriously talk to her about it – but, for the most part, she impressed me.

There's a lot going on in this hour and a few of the subplots fall flat on their face. I'm still not impressed by the Source, if he has such great power why can't he kill the CO's with the blink of an eye? (It eludes me why he's in a weakened state – he can kill birds and old men without so much as a second's thought, what stops him from doing the same to Piper?) The entire Cortez subplot felt entirely superfluous given the finale dealt with the same threat in more a satisfying manner than this. The sunglasses bit also didn't click with me.

There are a few neat twists (especially the reveal that the mother is the one who abuses her child) and the idea of Paige orbing away someone's heart highlights the more sinister aspect of Magic within the Charmed-verse. It also ends on a high as Paige meets her biological mother and I liked it all the more for the very fact it fades out just as they introduce themselves to one another.moreless

A far better episode than the season opener.

By Lady_Lancaster, Feb 27, 2011

Poor Paige does not cope at all well with the idea of being a witch. She seems to have more trouble with that than Piper and Phoebe do accepting her as their sister. It's quite obvious that Paige does not WANT to be a witch and is heavily in denial about the whole thing, getting away as fast as she can, unaware that The Source has only a limited time to find her and make her evil forever, after which, she will remain a good witch.

Rose McGowan did a very good job of portraying Paige's confusion and vulnerability here and that in itself made the episode highly watchable.moreless

New Sis On The Block, Part 2

By lenzinoH20, Sep 12, 2010

Charmed Again Part 2-Mourning the death of Prue, Piper and Phoebe must now come to grips with the loss of their oldest sister, and the loss of the Power of Three. However, The Source discovers an unknown sister - the daughter of Patty and her whitelighter Sam, who had been kept hidden, Paige, the now-youngest Halliwell can restore the Power of Three and reunite the sisters' strength as witches.

While not as stunning as it's Part 1, "Charmed Again" Part 2 continues the storyline very well by giving Paige more time to adjust to events of last episode while the Source getting involved in a deadly plan to turn Paige to his side. The writers continue to develop Paige well and not just forcing her join her sisters right away. They are handling Paige journey toward her destiny with time and Rose McGowan continues to give wonderful performance that shines throughout. It's great watching Paige looking into her past and I loved the scene in church where the nun describes to her the day Sam and Patty gave her up for adoption. Holly and Alyssa also continue to work well with the storyline, showing no sign of needing Shannen to lead them in their performances. It's nice watching the sisters struggling to save the day without Prue for the first time, as it's obviously not easy. One scene in particular where Phoebe finally breaks down about losing Prue shows this, my only nitpick is that Alyssa wasn't too convincing in that scene even a bit fake (could it be she still had some deep animosity for Shannen at that point still?) But I love Piper and Phoebe's interaction with Paige as it's quite hilarious, especially when they help Paige discover her power. It's great that Paige's power different from Prue and telekinetic-orbing is another cool power the series has developed.

Once again, it's great to see the Source again and in action, especially the way he gets Paige to almost kill a man. The Source is seen to be very manilpulative and it's great watching him hitting Paige at the core of who she is. The action and special effects are looking very polish this season as there has been a budget increase. Scenes of the gargoyles coming to life at the church and the sisters battling the Source for the first time at the manor all bring stunning effects. The episode ends with Piper and Phoebe introducing Paige to their mother. it's truly touching moment and Rose was so moving in that scene. "Charmed Again" Part 2, as well as Part 1, make for the finest season premiere Charmed has ever had. It introduces a wonderful new chapter for the series as this new set of Charmed Ones have one hell of battle up ahead for them.moreless

Paige can't accept she is a witch and runs away to the Church she was found in. Meanwhile the source uses a 48 hour window to try to turn her evil

By AegisAtreyu, Jul 29, 2008

Still a little too melodramatic for my tastes and yet just ever so slightly better than the last episode. Part of this comes from the fact that the source goes on the offensive himself, a major risk on his part, surely. He posseses Paige's boyfriend and persuades her to attack a man who she believes is abusing his Children. Ah yeah did I mention, Paige is a lower ranked social worker.

There are little elements in this spisode which I really liked and could be built on nicely. Paige going back to the church she was found in is a very good scene. The Nun in particular describing Sam and Patty as Angelic is extremely well played. The religious side is something that is rarely played on in Charmed, I've got a feeling that it is not going to go much further but having the Nun as a recurring character would be an interesting direction to take. Also the scene when Paige discovers her orbing telikinesis with the girls in the Church is good.

The source is an interesting bad, downplayed in grandiose majesty from last season his directness is refreshing. Most big bads sit in the shadows sending their minions in, not him it seems. I don't like his posh accent presentation much but that can be forgiven. The get off the floor film rewind thing is cliqued though.

Phoebe breaks down in this episode finally and Paige seems ever more the older sister for comforting her. Just like last episode this is a sudden change around for the character and I like it. She still seems slighly bitter about Paige as well which will hopefully be a good thing for her character.

Detective Cortez who has been shimmered to the hell pit by Cole (very funny and yet mis-guided on his part) is saved and brought back to earth by Leo only to crusade on exposing the Haliwells. It takes Leo to save his life for him to accept that he was wrong. I don't know if Cortez will ever appear again and if he doesn't then I'm sure he's enjoying himself off in Timbuktu. What's the weather like out there by the way I've never been there before?

So now we have the power of 3 again, hopefully Paige will develop nicely as a character this season.moreless

The Source killed my budgie!

By Blinksterboy, Feb 02, 2008

Clever episode this. It works perfectly as the second half of a two parter yet, at the same time, has a very different feel to the first half. The funeral is most definitely over and the race is now on to save Paige from turning evil. It may not have the bombshells of part one but it does have a great script and some fantastic action.

With Shax vanquished, the Charmed Ones must now face the Source of All Evil. Great idea to have him possess Shane. Jordan Bridges I thought was very average as Shane in part one but he really shines in this episode. Like Alyssa, he does creepy far better than bubbly. The effects are good too - particularly the way he rises from the floor.

The scene in the church is, of course, a Charmed classic. The writers have obviously put a lot of thought into Paige and her telekinesis is cleverly done. I love the way her eyes light up when she is told she has a power. There are a few naff moments. As if the Source would stab Cole then walk off with him still alive. Don't they watch films in the Underworld? They always come back! And given that whitelighters can't heal Cole's demonic half, what difference would Paige being there make? Two whitelighters would be no better than one. I also couldn't see much point to the exposure subplot this week, although it was funny to see Cortez in the Underworld.

Last week, Phoebe and Piper were very much their old selves. This week, they each seem to have shifted one rung up the ladder. Piper is now headstrong and mistrustful, Phoebe is trying to keep the peace between her elder and younger sisters and Paige is reckless and fancyfree. Haven't we been here before?moreless

The second part of Charmed Again.

By Danny2312, Jan 06, 2008

I love this episode, better than the first part, SO MUCH better.

The Source sends Shax to kill Prue, and now the sisters seek revenge for the Source. However, without the Power of Three, the sisters can do nothing. Unless they convince their half-sister, Paige Matthews, before the Source kills her.

Cole Turner, used to be an evil demon, and also Phoebe's boyfriend, sacrifice himself to save the sisters (Luckily he survive). Things don't go well to Paige, when her boyfriend Shane, has been possessed by the Source. And now the Source is using him to manipulate Paige in order to kill the remaining Charmed Ones, Piper and Phoebe Halliwell.moreless

Load More Reviews