Chris-Crossed

Episode Reviews (29)

Superb

Let's do the time warp..again.

By MovieMark, Jul 11, 2012

It's a Chris episode. And it doesn't suck. I feel I have to repeat myself here. Chris...doesn't suck. No, wait! Uh, Anyways! Every once in a while, maybe even once a season, Charmed dangles a really good episode in front of us, just to remind us that the show has writers behind the wheel. Chris-Crossed is said episode.

Packed with events, the hour begins with a bang and a few cheeky innuendo-y one-liners (''Gutter.'') and doesn't let up until the credits. The hopping back and forth between timelines provides the hour with a nice boost in momentum, and once again cements that when dealing with alternate realities and time-travel, is when the show is at its most watchable.

There's also some stable writing here -- a well-thought out script can go along way. Each main character has their moment to shine, the villain this week in Bianca actually has layers (and zero shitty one-liners!) and everyone seems to be having the sex. Yes, the sex was had left right and center this week: in the basement (topless smoochies with Bianca and Chris) on top of fire trucks (there are just so many hoze jokes here, Piper!) and, uh, in a bed (so lame, Paige!). And on top of all the sex, there's the cracking (although predictable) twist that Wyatt is a badass, evil mofo in the future!

There's also some noticeable quirks to be found, too. The action scenes had a certain verve to them that has been missing from the show for a long time. The slow-mo freeze-shimmer-knife-to-throat bit was especially well played. Cos even though Bianca kind of dressed like a street-walker (not the Blade kind) she kicked a lot of ass and had more charisma in her right hook then Chris could ever manage. But we're sticking to pros here: the sisterly banter was more than welcomed, the one-liners were snappy and Phoebe's put down when Leo tries to explain time-travel was more than welcomed. Just shut up, Mr. exposition!

Drew Fuller is still a weak link here, his line delivery and lack of any kind of expression really undermines the drama created. But other than that, Chris-Crossed is Charmed at its best: fun, action-packed and consistent.

moreless

Charmed 2025

By lenzinoH20, Sep 08, 2011

Chris-Crossed-Bianca, a woman from the future, arrives to take Chris' powers, and Leo learns that she is actually part of an assassin family of witches. In an attempt to distract the Charmed Ones, Bianca casts a spell which causes the sisters to act on their true desires, which prompts Piper to give her sisters her blessing to move out of the manor to be with their boyfriends.

Cameron Litvack is a Godsend to Charmed during these years. How else to you explain the awesomeness that is "Chris-Crossed". The first episod to delve into not only Chris' past but actually tries to give depth to his character, the episode plays as an epic(ish) storyteller as we get a glimpse of the future and the events that took place that eventually drove Chris to come to the past. Despite Drew Fuller's delivery still living nothing to the imagination, "Chris-Crossed" manages to tell a strong story set 25 years into the future. I love, LOVED the Haliwell Manor being turned into a historical museum in the future with thier superheroes outfits and mermaid costumes on display. The hologram showing the reconstiution of the Charmed Ones from "Charmed Again, Part 1" was also another nice nod to the past. I also loved the direction during the future scenes, especially with the dark blue tint over lense, giving the future a dark ominous feel. Everything about the futurewas excellent amd seemedthoughout accordlingly, which for Charmed as this point is amazing! The big reveal with Wyatt as ruler of the future was shocking at first viewing and appropriately chilling. It also makes sense giving with Wyatt's immense powers and preivous warning of how his he will change the future of magic now feels full circle. Whether the writers preplanned this or just put two and two together about how this Chris storylien should play out, it's was a brilliant twist. Wes Ramsey actually looks gritty and msyterious here. We don't get much from Future Wyatt, but there's enough to show he's a force to be reckoned with. I also liked the fact that he made the manor into the museum to show people the power he's born from. Very King/Conqueror-like!

We also get a love story with Chris and his finance, Bianca, which is probably the weakest aspect of the future storyline since Drew Fuller can'temote enoughto make it even seem like he likes Bianca let alone love her. Bianca on the other hand is a solid character and I love the idea of the Phoenix coven who are assassin witches. It's an wonderfully concieved concept, although they come off asyour averageeveryday demons when throw energy balls and shimmer like all the others. Seriously, what's up with that? But I did love the bit between adult Bianca and her mother. It's a rare moment from Charmed that's so subtle but shows depth not only in the character but the writing itself. I have to say Charmed's enhanced bugdetwas used well for once, Th future looked cool visually with the all the probes, damaged buildings and chaos within the city. We rarely get to see Charmed on such a major scope in terms of visual effects and it definately payed off her. Although, once again, we have the sisters surcoming to random spells that turn them into careless idiots but thankfully it was brief and the confrontation between the sisters and Bianca was pretty great. I love the bullettime sequence with Bianca shimmering while Piper froze the knife and the revealation that Chris was half-witch was also a fitting surprised and cleared up a few plot holes.

In the mist of all this of all this, we get a decent sub-plot with the sisters beginning to realize they need to go their seperate ways. While I didn't like the inhibition spell they we put under, it did bring up some nice scenes, like the one with Alise and Phoebe and especially the last scene with all 3 sisters deciding to got their seperate ways in their personal lives. It's a development that makes sense given that the sisters have felt distant this year with Paige wanting to be solo all the time, Phoebe becoming even more successful with her column and Piper becoming a single mother. While the writers have always written their wayout ofthe whole "sister moving out" plot, it's inevitable at this point and makes sense at this point in the sisters' lives. I also loved the references to "Morality Bites", Cole and Prue.It's arare ocassion when the wirters actually rememberthe show'shistory.All and All, "Chris-Crossed" has some nagging flaws, but it's by far the best episode of Charmed since "Centennial Charmed" with awesome SFX, strong character development, soild plot developments and great storytelling.moreless

AWESOME TO WATCH!

By gopink, Jun 22, 2011

I love this episode cuz this episode is one of best episodes ever I watched! Because Chris goes to future and reuited with his older brother. We found out that Wyatt is EVIL and control the City! It was so excited to know FACTS! Wyatt tried to make Chris turn a side to EVIL, but Chris refused. It was so exciting and awesome to watch two brothers fighting for a lives! Chris had no magic that time, that was tough to fight his brother without magic! WOW!! In the ending of this episode, Chris are keeping trying to get his older brother PREVENT from turn to EVIL or kidnapped, or taken by evil demon to raise Wyatt! Chris had to save his brother's life to keep safe! He is so brave!moreless

Chris and future Wyatt go toe-to-toe while the sisters go bonkers. Awesome.

By iltarion, Jun 11, 2011

Finally Season 6 delivers as it reveals some, not all, of Chris' many secrets, including a look into a future that no one wants.

Let me first say the the subplots involving the sisters are complete BS.

There have always been two recurring subplots, or conflicts, that I've alway had a problem with on this show. The first is the exposure conflict. It is typically moronic. Usually, the sisters could just completely deny everything, and it would all go away. Secondly, the desire to live normal lives plot thread is about as moronic. Magical powers or normal lives? I think I'll take the powers. Not to mention all the innocents who would die if the sisters decided to just live normal lives.

Anyway, Bianca casts a spell for the sisters to act on their desires and they immediately flee into bed with a couple guys? Haha... I thought this show was about female empowerment? Nice.

The Jason-Phoebe subplot is just getting idiotic because they are pronouncing love for each other and yet he doesn't even know she's a witch. Doesn't anyone else think this is outrageously unfair to Jason? And now she's going to move to Hong Kong? Complete idiocy. Last complaint is actually the biggest. I HATE this whole Leo is gone so lets have Piper date crap. Isn't Piper married? Yeah, Leo left to be an Elder. So what? The guy is around all the time. Does Piper still love him or what? If she does, then she wouldn't be dating other guys, fricking regardless, and her sisters driving her to "get back on that horse" is SO Sex in the City. I mean, come on. Does this show operate under the premise that a woman can't go six months without dating? Okay, I know the whole point was just to create conflict for Piper and Leo, but sorry, I hated the whole concept. I will admit that Leo snapping Piper out of the spell and the interaction between the two is a great scene though. GREAT acting by Brian, as usual.

Anyway, all that being said only shows how great the main plot of this episode is because it completely overcomes all that side foolishness. First of all, Bianca (Marisol Nichols) is HOT and you gotta love the leather outfit. If I was Chris, I would be "saying bye" to her a lot. Marisol is excellent throughout and her chemistry with Drew is pretty good. In fact, Drew kind of raised his game up for this episode. Good job. Secondly, Wes Ramsey as future Wyatt is awesome. His scene with Chris at the end is an all time great Charmed scene, and the moment when Chris got his powers back and threw Wyatt across the room is one of my all time favorite Charmed moments. Little brother gives big brother a little something something. Sweet. Chris is finally cast as a true good guy, which is a definite plus. He was mostly just irksome as a possible bad guy. Season 6 finally kicks into gear here, and except for the next episode, it pretty much maintains that higher level until the thrilling season finale.moreless

Chris goes back to the future...then back to the past again.

By ACharmedJedi, Sep 12, 2010

Having managed to avoid any spoliers for season 6, I spent the episodes before this one in heated debate with myself over the true identity of Chris. Much to my dismay the writers seemed intent on keeping anything about him tightly under wraps but Chris Crossed finally gave me something to go on!

In this episode, Chris found himself under the attack of Bianca, a Phoenix sent back from the future by his enemy to drag him back to his own time who also happens to be Chris' finacee.

We are taken on a thrilling journey filled with flashbacks that allow us to gain a little insight on Chris' life and his relationship with Bianca. It allows us to empathise with the previously more mysterious whitelighter and fully understand why he had to travel back to 2004.

Among the shocking revelations made in this episode are the facts that Chris is really only half-whitelighter and is actually a half-witch and that Wyatt is the great evil in the future that Chris came back to save Wyatt from (if that makes sense.)

The familiarity between Chris and Wyatt in the future, epecially the line, "Of all the people to betray me," suggests that Chris is either a Halliwell or a Matthews but then again it could just be a coincidence.

Seeing this softer side of Chris blew the entire season wide open, showing that Chris is in the past with good intentions but will the sisters realise this and figure out who he really is? I hope so, cause then they can tell me! This really was a fantastic episode, probably the best in the series! More episodes like this needed at once.moreless

Chris' girlfriend takes him back to the future.

By RavenEyes666, Sep 12, 2010

Chris gets attacked by a demon. We find out that the demon is really his girlfriend Bianca. Shes come to take him back to the future to Wyatt. Leo finds out that Piper is dating another person. Through out the episode we see flashbacks of Chris' past with Bianca and how he got to the future. She strips him of his powers and takes him to the future. Piper, Phoebe, and Paige put a spell in a creaky floorboard so that Chris can get his powers back. Bianca is killed by Wyatt and CDhris goes back to the past. Piper tells Phoebe and Paige that they should do what they want to do.moreless

Chris finally grows on you

By PiaHalliwell, Sep 12, 2010

I love this episode because it really makes you love Chris. I love the back and forth of the flash backs and it is so good to see what is was like in the future for Chris. I love the part where they are touring the Manor. I could watch this one again and again!!

oh my god i love this episode!!!!!!!!!!

By p3_halliwell, Sep 12, 2010

oh my god this is one of my favorite episodes!!!!! i loved this episode. i can watch it over and over again and NEVER get tierd of it. this episode tells about chris.it shows him in the future and how his life was when he was there it showed why he came to the charmed ones and why he needs to help wyatt.i was so surprised about wyatt.i never expected that from him.it was soooooooooooooooo crazy i could not belive it!!!i totally LOVE chris .this was totally my favorite episode! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !moreless

Just the beginning of Chris' true identity, true meaning of his being in the past and his secrets being revealed.

By BoandLuke, Sep 12, 2010

A mysterious witch comes to the past in search of Chris and his powers. Piper blows her up and thinks that’s the end of her but they soon realize the Phoenix can reform and Chris is still in danger. In a series of flashbacks, it is revealed Chris and the Phoenix, Bianca, is engaged and they are trying to stop "him." The true identity of "Him" is unknown until the end of the episode where it is revealed to be Wyatt. Chris is taken to the future where he meets Wyatt and Bianca is killed. The fans now know Wyatt is evil, but the sisters and Leo do not. A very well written, acted and fulfilling episode. They just don't make theses anymore!moreless

Load More Reviews