Engaged and Confused

Episode Reviews (56)

Great

Engaged and Confused

By TrueTvWatcher, May 21, 2012

Engaged and Confused was another perfectly charming episode of Charmed. I really enjoyed watching this entertaining episode because there was a lot of character and plot development as Paige and Henry grew closer and Billie continued fighting to save her sister. There was lots of magic, action, and intrigue. I liked how every thing played out and I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!

For 8 years, the Charmed Ones have been the most powerful witches there are, something the whole series is based on. This episode, that changes and now a retard (Billie) is the most powerful witch ever! I'm sure that's exactly what every fan wants!

By Edward_Nigma, Nov 29, 2011

This episode was disgusting. I really don't see how the Charmed Ones can just randomly be put below Billie and Christy in terms of power. Is this show trying to make us hate it so much we'll all be glad it won't be coming back? Seriously, how are we supposed to even think for one second that Christy is some key (Buffy anyone?) and Billie is the "ultimate power"? The whole line of Halliwell witches has led to the Charmed Ones, as we've been told for years. Now some reject sisters, one of which was tacky leather queen during the first few episodes this season, and one who was just introduced LAST WEEK, are all of a sudden more powerful than the Charmed Ones? No, that's just ridiculous, it ruined the whole episode, along with any dignity the show had left.

The only good part about this episode was how the sisters worked together to vanquish (2/3's of) the Triad, just like the good old days. And it was actually intense for once! The sisters were actually going against demons that they weren't sure they would beat! Nice job there, that's something we haven't seen in awhile.

But of course there has to be a trash side-plot with Phoebe since she's useless. Cupid did absolutely nothing except for be annoying throughout the episode. His absence could have paid the bill for an old character (Penny or Patty maybe?) to come back for an episode. And I like how Sam wasn't even at Paige's wedding - nice father she has! I mean, who cares about their daughter's wedding? Not Sam! And I really think Victor could have made an appearance too. No he's not related to her, but still, it would have been nice. Too nice for this show I guess.

I still can't believe this show is trying to say that BILLIE is the ultimate power. I'm going to go bang my head against a wall for an hour now so I don't have to think about that anymore.moreless

Some poor fool marries Paige, Coop makes an appearance, and the Triad becomes the Third in one episode. Wow, slow down.

By iltarion, Jan 08, 2011

Hahaha... maybe instead of making this all into one episode, they should have junked the last 3 episodes and replaced them with a longer, multi-episode version of this. Let me just get this out of the way first thing while people are still maybe taking me seriously. The first scene in the episode is a personal favorite of mine. Marnette Patterson in lingerie is enough to start a fire on its own. So, let me say this for the last time- CHRISTIE IS HOT.

Christie is revealed as evil, working with the Triad, only one episode after her entrance onto the show. Absolutely no surprise there. In fact, it is a little ludicrous that the sisters can't tell she is evil. However, it is consistent with the rest of the series considering how many times the sisters have been possessed or imitated and none of them noticed. Amazingly, the Triad are confronted and destroyed only one episode after they were introduced. The battle against them was rather quick and easy, though at least it was original. On the other hand, the Triad are not the big bad, so why waste any extra time on them? The stop time affect at the end was cool, though seemingly a little far-fetched since 2 of the 3 Triad were just disposed of so easily.

I like the whole Coop arc. I like the character. I like the actor, and Phoebe marrying a Cupid makes complete sense. They have their inevitable not getting along at first, which is the sure sign of a showmance, except in Piper and Leo's case, who might be one of the only couples in TV history who actually got along from their very first scene together.

As for Paige and Henry, their arguments made complete sense considering that is what Henry has to look forward to for the rest of their marriage. Anyone who has read my reviews should know I'm a huge Paige fan, but seriously, that character has no business being married. Since Henry is a normal guy, not an angel, I would expect their marriage to last 8 months, tops. Paige is far too independent-minded and typically self-centered to be married. When Henry got off the phone with Paige and said, "Yes, ma'am." I laughed and joked that he better get used to saying that. You would think in the longest running show centered on female leads that one of them could get by without getting married, which Paige clearly should have been the one, but hey, I don't have a problem with it. Happy for them. Just saying it is surprising.

Anyway, the wedding was well done, even if a little rushed. Reviewers complaining about Patti and Grams not being there must be off their rockers. This is a wedding with a mortal person, including his mortal family. Obviously, you can't have ghosts as part of the ceremony. It is true that Victor or Sam could have been there though. I'll forgive production that.moreless

TWISTED SISTER

By Blinksterboy, Oct 08, 2010

Twisted sister

An action packed hour full of twists and turns, and one which moves the season arc along nicely. This is more the Charmed we know. Just wish it didn't feel quite so rushed.

So it turns out Christy has been putting on a bit of an act. It was kind of obvious she'd be evil but it's still a good twist. Just think, if she drags Billie down with her they might both get vanquished! Marnette Patterson puts in a fine performance and I really like her kickarse sequence in the cave. She's going to be a good villain.

I'm surprised the Triad (or two thirds of them) were written out quite so soon. Still, it was an imaginative vanquish and I liked that the three sisters had to work together for it - just like the good old days. I also don't have a problem with Billie being the ultimate power; I just think of her as the ultimate evil power. This doesn't make her more powerful than the Charmed Ones. In fact, it's stated several times that the Triad need the Jenkins sisters even to have a chance of taking on the Charmed Ones. I was really disappointed with the wedding. Not because it was done badly but because it was about a year too early. They only met eight episodes ago for heaven's sake! Besides, there's no way they'd get permission to be married by a minister at twenty-four hours' notice. They should have saved the wedding for the finale. Paige deserves better than this.

At least Phoebe has something to do this week. Coop is a whole lot less annoying than the last cupid she met and I have a feeling he'll be sticking around. Oh, and will someone please give that damn kid a haircut. He looks like a frigging girl.

Score: 9.1moreless

Piper organizes an engagement party for Paige and Henry but the turns into a wedding. Phoebe discovers a strange man following her but soon learns he is actually Cupid. More demons want Christy.

By Black_Grace, Oct 08, 2010

Great episode! Coop is hot! I don't know why Phoebe is ignoring him. I wish Billie didn't have to turn against her sister and be with demons. The triad kinda seemed week against the Charmed Ones which is weird because I thought they would do better against them. Paige and Henry sure rushed their wedding. I wouldn't want mine rushed but I wouldn't want it like a year later.

The wedding of Paige and Henry and Christy's dark side is revealed.

By dolly_x, Oct 08, 2010

Anyone else find the wedding kinda random? i mean Henry's not even been in Charmed long. I think he should have appeared earlier in the season tbh. Or maybe been an old flame of Paige's/been in an earlier season. The rushed marrige just doesn't seem like something Charmed would do.

Paige gets cold feet about her upcoming wedding, Phoebe is stalked by the most irritating character since the introduction of Billie, and the Big Bad reveals itself, being.. not The Triad.

By DanFuchs, Oct 08, 2010

Despite the fact that it is hardly Charmed as in its heydays, the main plotline definitely works. The big bad of each season has always been interesting, and the Triad/Christy story is quite intriguing, though somewhat corny. Charmed tends to make up new ultimate evil/power/good constantly without likening them to previous evils/powers/goods (do I need to mention Billie being the ultimate power, totally contradicting Melinda Warren's initial prediction about the Charmed Ones being something like that). In this case the Triad - who in deed are powerful, but initially were no more powerful than Cole could take them out. The Source, at least, could only be vanquished by the Charmed Ones using the power of the entire family line combined. But, who cares, really. The Triad are working it in this episode, and there was genuine suspense when the sisters orbed into Magic School to battle them. That was definitely the highlight of this episode, although it was somewhat disappointing that Piper, as always, was able to kill one by repeatedly using her exploding power on him. Coop has got be the most infuriating new asset that Charmed has seen for a long time. Or rather since Billie emerged in her black wig. This is classic Charmed focusing on Phoebe's love life, Phoebe who has not had a boyfriend for a little while, and therefore desperately needs the Elders to actually care enough to assign a Cupid solely to restore her faith in love. I personally would have preferred the series ending by Phoebe enjoying her life as a single, for this plotline's sole function is telling teenage girls out there that they are nothing without a succesful relationship. Quoting Phoebe: 'Cole was my longest relationship, how pathetic is that?' That is just downright despicable. Coop himself is very, very annoying, probably because of his tedious attempts to lead Phoebe to her path.. eh, once again. Yawn.

Paige's wedding was rather beautiful, though also rather rushed. Rose McGowan's performance was brilliant, but I simply didn't care enough for Henry yet to feel exhilirated. The Christy plotline is the most interesting, and luckily also the main one. Patterson does a very good job, though she is a little too pretty and her hair a little too perfect for someone with her background. Billie is as always just plain annoying and too blonde for words. She is way too attached to this sister that she hasn't seen for fifteen years - she ought to be totally alienated, and yet Billie acts as protective and caring as Piper probably would if they discovered Prue being held captive by demons, as though only a relatively short time had elapsed, yet Billie has spent 75% of her life without Christy.

All in all, a well written episode with some interesting plot development. Keep it up, Charmed.moreless

I don't know, I don't know! The title say "confused"... I guess that is a good title...

By Lostfinding, Jul 16, 2007

I see the episode and I don't know if it's a good one or not.

The part of the story "go against the Triad" is quite good: The effects and the battle is original. The atack of the Demons is aswell and the whole Christy in the cave too. I guess the thing that anoy me is the whole we go to the Triad without prepare ourself! It so ridicule... It makes no sense go to a fight just relaying in her powers. They should have never done that! Why the demon blow ups, they usually don't (even less powerful than the triad) I know that the power of the triada come to the trio but makes no sense that killing one the other can be blow up! It just should debilitate the colective! And why the freezing thing... Phoebe said "they upper level demons so they won't be frozen too much" The **** upper level demon NEVER freeze!! I hate when they change the rules becuse the want to!

The part of the sisters lifes is not what I expected... I didn't like Paige at the beginning od the episode, I always love Rose's acting but here I din't. And the episode seemed to have a empty that makes me wonder if I like it or not! I love the whole "cave" thing: Was so original see how demons eat!! Great idea!

So... why I should give the episode a 8??? Becuse the great and perfect camera job! I think that the episode has one of the best job of filming of the season. We see a good photography and a great filming. We have scenes with a good "angle" for exemple the scene when they orb back to the manor after killing the triad (the one shot since the stirs) and the whole mirror plays (The sometimes do it) And when the camera goes down to the triad, to the sofa... it's a great one! We have a original acting to make the episode better: I said I didn't like Paige at the begining but at the end I loved her: The scene Paige-Henry is awesome and I love the filming of the scene too. The sets are original too (the cave for exemple)

If you wanna see a great episode in the whole field of filming, this is the one. But the story is kinda poor is a enjoyable episode. The puntuation a 8moreless

Perfect !

By charmed1102, Apr 12, 2007

Piper organizes an engagement party for Paige and Henry, but the wedding is put in jeopardy when the couple begin to get cold feet. Phoebe notices a strange man following her, and soon discovers that he is Cupid. Meanwhile, a demon kidnaps Christy in order to lure The Charmed Ones into attacking the Triad and prevent them from taking over the Underworld.

One Of The Best Episodes From Season Eight.

By tvfan332, Aug 27, 2006

Engaged and Confused is one of the best episodes from charmed season eight. We find out that Christy is evil and that she's trying to turn Billie evil and that she is also working with the triad. This episode is really good and you wonder how much powers Christy really had. My favourite part of the entire episode is when The charmed ones are fighting the triad and it's interesting to see them not using potions to vanquish their enemies. The end scene were Paige and Henry got married was also really good. Overall: This is a really good episode.moreless

Load More Reviews