Hyde School Reunion

Episode Reviews (18)

Great

Hyde School Reunion

By TrueTvWatcher, Apr 26, 2012

Hyde School Reunion was a superb and entertaining episode of Charmed. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character development for Phoebe and Chris as well. It was great to see the sister's father again as Piper asked him to visit and talk with Chris. I liked learning more about Chris and his frame of thought. It was fun to see Phoebe relive her past so to speak, and it was a wildly fun ride! I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!moreless

Freebe The Teenage Witch

By lenzinoH20, Sep 17, 2011

Hyde School Reunion-Phoebe accidentally casts a spell on herself that allows her wild teenage personality to take over, and teen Phoebe is eager to use her magic to her advantage. Meanwhile, Piper asks her father to find out why Chris is avoiding her.

Once again, the writers take a pretty awesome plot and write it into the ground! Piper's high school reunion was awesome, I mean she got possessed with Prue having to sacrifice her to save her. Pretty intense stuff. Phoebe's high school reunion? Well, it actually started out pretty interesting. The writers actually remember that Phoebe was littlejuvenile delinquent back in the day. They even remembered her infamous nickname: Freebe! We even got to meet her old high school gang. Sure they're mostly one note characters, but at least they helped us to better understand how out of control Phoebe was in her teenage years. It actually made me miss the old Phoebe from the early years when she was the free-spirited, trouble making little sister. Phoebe of the later years is either a work a holic, obsessed with getting laid, having a baby and is pretty the complete opposite of who she use to be. The silly costumes and the constant possessions don't help. Phoebe becomg a teenage is just another sitcom, over thop silliness that is just made Charmed unbearable to watch during the second half of the series. Once Rick becomes the villain of the week, it doesn't help. Phoebe's line "I fight demons every week, I'm not afraid of you" is exactly why this plot is so boring. Rick is about as threating as a stor robber.....he's in fact a store robber and the fact that the second half of the episode is spent on how to stop him is ridiculous. Not to mention, the way the episode is resolved is like a big middle finger to the show's mythology and the fans's intelligence! You're telling me Paige and Phoebe let a human get killed by demons to get rid of him and there are NO consequences for that! Excuse me: f#$% you writers! What happened to "protect the innocent, not punish the guilty"!!? The scene was the worst of the series, showing how stupid and selfish the sisters have become. How sad how bad the series have become when it completely sh!ts on lessons that we previously established! I guess "Morality Bites" never happened! *HEADDESK, FALLS INTO A COMA!!*

The only good thing in the episode was surprisingly Chris and his bonding with Chris. There were some great, genuine scenes between them. Drew Fuller even manages to give a decent performance for once! I believed finally that Chris was Piper's son for the first time, which I never thought I would. But that wasn't enough to save this bore-fest/insulting pile of crap. Also, "Hyde School Reunion"? I heard better puns made on Seseame Street!moreless

Freaky Phoebe and the demons of projectile vomit...

By iltarion, Aug 21, 2011

This is the worst of Season 6, and that is saying something considering James Reed is in it, who typically elevates every episode he is in.

Victor is involved in the best comedy of the show as he attempts to talk to Piper's belly when she asks him to have a talk with Chris. It is cool seeing Victor and Chris together, and Victor even gets his one and only orb of the series. Chris's melancholy over Piper being dead in his future, as already noted in "Chris-Crossed," is pretty understandable. And Piper's reaction to Chris calling him "mom" for the first time is an all-time great Charmed moment, easily the best moment of the show.

The main plot is actually another example of the writers trying to capitalize on a normal event in the life of someone Phoebe's age. As such, the high school reunion is a sensible idea. The problem is that the conflict they worked out of it is more annoying than dramatic. Apparently all 4 sisters (including Prue) had long straight black hair in high school and were somewhat uncomfortable in their own skin. It is an old story by now.

It was very intelligent of the writers to have Rick proudly tell Phoebe that he had killed before. Once he said that, he was no longer an innocent, which opened the door for the sisters' rare vanquishing of a mortal. I liked that. Nice twist.

Unfortunately, most the rest is forgettable. The main problem is that Freaky Phoebe displays way more power than normal Phoebe ever did, and yet she allows Rick to bully her with a shotgun. Why not just turn HIM into a dog? This sucks any drama otherwise possible out of the whole Rick conflict.moreless

Lousy episode, out of point!

By gopink, Jun 23, 2011

I dislike watching Phoebe at her high school reunion! But I really loves to watch Chris! It is really cool of Piper's dad came to help and talk to his future grandson! It helped lot, for your information! Chris finally told his grandpa a very short truth about future. Grandpa finally understood why! Grandpa feels really happy and he is very glad that he is awesome grandpa! We found out that after that special event, Chris and his grandpa became very close, they just talked! I love this role between both of them! Great episode on Chris!! I love it!moreless

The two faces of Phoebe

By Blinksterboy, Sep 17, 2008

Phoebe and Paige go to a school reunion bash and Piper introduces Chris to her father. Not for the first time, it's a case of the subplot outshining the main plot.

Phoebe's story is a rehash of several earlier episodes. Her younger self is clearly based on the teenage Prue we saw in Season Two and the school reunion thing was done by Piper in Season Three. It's quite entertaining but definite filler material. I always enjoy spells so it was good to see Phoebe casting them so openly.

The crazy gang thing was a good idea but the story was weak. The bloke playing Rick couldn't act, and there was no way he'd accept magic that readily. I also can't believe the Charmed Ones killed him at the end. Surely the elders would have something to say about that, not to mention the police?

It's Piper's story that really steals the show. Becoming five months pregnant in three weeks doesn't seem to be an issue so she decides to introduce Chris to her father. It's good to see James Read again and I have to say this is his best performance to date. Some of his expressions are priceless and I laughed out loud when he thought Piper could summon Chris from the womb. The scenes between the two men are also nicely done.

Almost forgot to say there are some demons as well. They shoot green goo from their mouths. They have nothing to do with either story (save for the end when they help vanquish Rick) but they are fun to watch.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to go along with the majority and say it was the Chris scenes which saved the episode for me. That and hearing the nickname 'Freebie' again. Not heard that since Season One. Nice continuity!moreless

Boring they did this one already but ... it was better than "Coyote Piper"

By charmed1102, May 01, 2007

While preparing for her high school reunion, Phoebe's wild teenage personality takes over her body when she inadvertently casts a spell on herself. At the reunion, teenage Phoebe re-connects with her former gang and finds herself in trouble when their old leader, Rick, uses Phoebe's magic to rob an armored car. Meanwhile, Piper calls upon her father to find out why Chris is keeping his distance from her.

Seems like this has been done enough. Not really creative. Phoebe does the high school flash back thing.

By CottonButtons, Mar 07, 2007

Best part of this episode is Victor. Maybe a bit over-the-top, but overall cute. Grandpa is trying to do right by grandson because he failed as a father. How often do we hear about that in the real world?

Piper became very pregnant fast. Does morning sickness really last that long...supposedly six months into the pregancy?

Really do not like the reaction to Pheobe at the reunion. People do not carry silly grudges that long. Seems odd that Phoebe needs to take her sister to a party. She always has a man at her disposal, right?

Overall, not very impressive.moreless

The only storyline I actually fallowed was Chris' one. AWESOME.

By red_flava87, Dec 19, 2006

I cant say that Chris secret wasn't a bit predictable, but I just love how it was all feel with emotions. That's really a hard secret for one to keep and I just can bow to his greatness... I'm in love. Seriously though, I hated Chris from the minute a saw him at the begining of the season and it was all written for us to suspect his intentions. But now, I can only feel compassion toward him. When he revealed teh secret to his grandpa, I was totally crying... The way he looked so heartbroken just by the thought to say goodbye to his mom again...awwww. I have to confess, I really was attracted by the SOAP side of this episode.

The rest of the story wa actually BORING... Turning back back time to bring back high school years was a bit lame, but I wont lie, the hole story was well fallowed. I liked how both Chris-against-the-demons and Phoebe-against-convict-Chris connected at the end.

All in all, it wasn't a bad episode and I give it a 8.5/10.

Still looking forward to Chris' destiny in the past... Sounds akward, but Heh! That's what is!moreless

I really enjoyed Pipers reunion and it was good to see Phoebes.

By Charmedfran, Sep 04, 2006

Whilst attending her reunion, phoebe starts to reflect her teenage personality, eager teen Phoebe is eager to get all of the gang she was in back together, including the ring leader Rick, who is now in jail for a robbery. Paige must stop Phoebe from using her powers for her advantage before Phoebe does somthing that adult Phoebe may regret. Meanwhile Piper called Victor to see why future Chris is keeping something to himself. I found James Read was really funny in this episode, he had alot of funny expressions and funny lines. There were a number of good spells used by the sisters and the storyline seemed v. good.moreless

Load More Reviews