I Dream of Phoebe

Episode Reviews (18)

Superb

I Dream of Phoebe

By TrueTvWatcher, Apr 26, 2012

I Dream of Phoebe was a superb episode of Charmed and I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character and plot development. It was very interesting to learn of Chris's true origins, to see the powers of a genie used again, and for Paige and Richard to deal with his problem. There was lots of action, drama and intrigue along with some humor, serious moments and of course magic. I certainly look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!moreless

I Dream Of A Better Series!

By lenzinoH20, Sep 17, 2011

I Dream of Phoebe-When Phoebe frees a genie from a bottle, she soon finds that she must take the genie's place. Meanwhile, anxious to put Leo and Piper back together, Chris uses Phoebe to make his wish come true, but she takes his instructions too literally.

Phoebe in yet another silly costume!! You can always tell the quality in a Charmed episode by how little Phoebe has to wear or some tacky costume the writers have forced poor Alyssa Milano to wear. I mean come on, Alyssa, your a producer at this point, tell these people they are embarrassing you week by week on national television and it needs to stop! Besides, they writers already did a Genie episode, a relatively "good" Genie episode, so why is this "I Dream of Genie"knockoff forced down our throats!! Barbara Eden wouldn't be amused! The whole plot is your typical Charmed fluff, Phoebe gets a premonition (yeah, she actually still gets those!!) about a woman being attacked by a demon, leaving her and Chris to go to some where in Arabia or whatever and they find Jenny...The Genie.....*headdesk* I also find the Aladdin mythology silly on Charmed with the 40 theives being demons. Jenny turning out to be a demon all along was a decent twist I guess but things just go downhill once Phoebe gets turned into a Genie.

If that wasn't bad enough, we have Chris on a sick and disturbing crusade to get Piper and Leo to sleep together so he cane be concieved in time. I don't know whether this was suppose to be intended as funny but if the was, the writers have a messed up sense of humor. Not only it it not funny, but it's extremely jarring considering we just found out who Chris really is. One week, he's barely in the sisters' lives and the nexr, he's forcing one of them to sleep with an Elder. Yeah, I know their his parents but still, give us time to explore this knew revelation, not make cheap jokes about wanting your parents to have sex. I still believe the writers pulled this development out their a$$ as we as an audience were given no hints as to who Chris really was. Sure, he and Wyatt had a past in the future, but still, it was pretty vague and this is a pretty big development for not even giving the fans a bit of clue to Chris' being Piper and Leo's son. It's also pathetic watching Chris trying to break up Piper's date with Greg! It's funny considering in "Prince Charmed" only a few episodes ago, Chris wanted Piper to dtae so she wouldn't give up on love. Phoebe during her agrument with Chris at the beginning is the only thing that made sense in this episode: Chris' plans were terrible! He's the one who forced his parents to split! He's the one who sent Leo to Vahalla! He's the one whose been keeping secrets to the point that have caused unforseen consequences! Now all of sudden he wants Piper and Leo to bone? *HEAD-FREAKIN'-DESK*

If that wasn't bad enough we get Paige and Richard going at it about his powers. At this point, I couldn't careless about Richard or his supposed dangerous usage of magic. I glad the writers finally rapped up this relationship with Richard stripping himself of his powers and both deciding to break-up. It was long time coming and maybe with Richard gone Paige can become more independent and less of a ditzy, overportective girlfriend?.........NOPE! I did love the Piper and Leo moment toward the end. Even with all the suck around them, Holly and Brian always remind us that Piper and Leo's relationship is the only redeeming thing about the series. But besides that, 'I Dream of Phoebe" is as gimmicky and pathetic as Charmed can get!moreless

Interesting Episode!

By gopink, Jun 23, 2011

Ginny tricked Phoebe to help the Genie to get free so Ginny can control the world! How comes Ginny want Phoebe? Because Phoebe is one of the Charmed Ones. Chris gets to be master of Genie Phoebe for while, very interesting! When Phoebe freed Ginny and Ginny became evil~! Weird! Ginny acted very nice as Genie, which not made sense! Chris want his parents to sleep together thought Piper's boyfriend caught her sleep with her ex-husband. Piper's boyfriend was never heard of it again and left Piper's life! I am happy for Chris! Phoebe became blonde in this episode so she got her chance to wear another hair color, thought it is wig! Great episode!moreless

A hot genie, a mad demon, and Leo's love to the rescue once again.

By iltarion, Jun 11, 2011

Season 6 reaches its pinnacle in this episode and the following one, before the terrific season finale. For one thing, we have a tremendously pretty genie who in a terrific twist becomes a hot demon bent on becoming all powerful. Stupid name or not, Jinny makes a fantastic bad guy. I am always for attractive female bads cast in opposition to the sisters. Secondly, we have the wrap up of Richard's storyline, which I think we were all glad to see end. And that means only 4 episodes after the idiotic split of the sisters, that moronic story arc mercifully ends and the sisters are all back at Halliwell manor. We also have Chris, Phoebe and then Paige all talking openly about who Chris is and the mission to reunite his parents. I hated that Piper was still dating Greg after recent events, but I loved how Chris pretty much ended their relationship by manipulating his parents together. And of course, it was a miracle that he did, since it ended up saving the Charmed Ones.

In a rather shocking turn of events, Richard ends up killing the sisters at Jinny's wish. Great acting by the much-maligned Drew Fuller during this scene. Fortunately, Leo had an arm around Piper, and she called to him as her soul floated away. Leo even while asleep healed her, saving all of them. The sisters learning their lesson from past ghosts and using that against the demon was also very smartly done. And of course that all led to the final scene where we saw Piper and Leo edging closer to being together again, what most of us have been waiting for.moreless

Mayhem in a bottle

By Blinksterboy, Jun 29, 2010

As soon as I saw Phoebe pick up that vase I thought we were in for a boring remake of the Season Two finale. Just goes to show how wrong you can be. It's not the first time the Charmed Ones have mistakenly freed a demon but having the genie turn out to be the baddie is inspired. The result is probably the funniest episode since "The Truth is Out There...."

The action is non-stop as first Phoebe becomes a genie then Richard. At times it's hard to keep track of the master but I was always on the edge of my seat waiting for the next wish. In a brilliant twist, the demon wishes the Charmed Ones dead, only for Phoebe to possess her and send her back to the bottle. It's well written and well directed, and the acting is first class.

The only slight downside is the rather cheesy desert setting. We've had worse, but do we really need flying carpets to prove it's Arabia? The idea of resurrecting a lost city isn't bad but it's kind of wasted with everything else that's going on. To be fair, though, the graphics aren't bad.

For the first time, Chris is able to speak candidly and his opening scene with Phoebe is nicely acted. Turns out he now needs to get Leo and Piper together in time for him to be conceived. This forms a strong subplot for the whole hour and serves up some great humour. Paige's reaction when she finds out he wished for his parents to sleep together is priceless, as is Leo's sudden bout of chumminess (which sees Brian at his absolute best).

As if any more humour were needed, Richard keeps conjuring outfits and jewellery for Paige. It's a real shame this is his last episode as he is finally becoming a worthwhile character. Still, at least he gets to go out on a high.

This episode really is a gem. "You look tense, master. Neck rub?" Hehehe.moreless

Favorite and Funniest

By jackien14, Jul 02, 2008

Every main character in this episode was hilarious, especially Chris and Pheobe. The concept of this episode is that Chris needs to be conceived before he disappears forever. So what he says and do in this episode is funnier than any other episode including him. Phoebe's genie costume was bizarre mostly because of the blonde hair. Her funniest quote on this epi would have to be when she asked her nephew Chris, "did I ever hit on you?" The storyline was well thought out and written. This episode is a brilliant example how and why Charmed lasted for eight seasons.moreless

Charmed is known for episodes like this. Spoiler warning!

By colormyworld, Jun 16, 2008

I dislike how the show keeps contradicting itself, especially in this episode. Other than that, it's fabulous.

In the original episode with genies many seasons ago, some ground rules for genies in the Charmed universe were set. This episode foolishly contradicts all those rules previously made (as can be seen in the episode trivia). That makes it hard to watch for any die-hard fan who remembers the earlier episode (with French Stewart, I believe.)

Other than that, it's wonderful. Classic Charmed. Phoebe is some weird creature in a slutty costume, Paige is trying to deal with a magical mishap, Piper has love issues, and Chris is as fun as ever. The interactions between him and Phoebe are great in this episode. I loved Paige's reaction and how Chris told her. That was great.

Worthy!moreless

Chris went to Phepe for help him to get his parents back together because if he did not conseve in the next two weeks he will dis apper for ever so phepe refuse to help him he told her that she prefer to help strenger rather than help him

By raghda_ssafar, May 29, 2008

Hi

I love this episode of charmed very much .It's the most wanderfule in the entire season . Ginny tricked Phoebe to help the Genie to get free so Ginny can control the world! How comes Ginny want Phoebe? Because Phoebe is one of the Charmed Ones. Chris gets to be master of Genie Phoebe for while, very interesting! When Phoebe freed Ginny and Ginny became evil ! Weird! Ginny acted very nice as Genie, which not made sense! Chris want his parents to sleep together thought Piper's boyfriend caught her sleep with her ex-husband. Piper's boyfriend was never heard of it again and left Piper's life! I am happy for Chris! Phoebe became blonde in this episode so she got her chance to wear another hair color, thought it is wig! Great episode! Retshard apper in this episode too.I love it .moreless

A new character to be tranformed into.

By Kadodian, Nov 08, 2007

Huh.

I left all my plans out today so I can have a nice long Charmed marathon and I noticed how special this episode is.

Out of all the characters the Charmed ones have turned into I don't know why the Jeannie gets to me that much but what I do not like is that Phoebe gets all the good transformations.

The mermaid,Cinderella and the Jeannie.

Anyway this was a very fun episode.

It's always nice to go back to the world of Arabia and discover new things.

And hey it was very fun to see a Jeannie go bad.

Fun to watch yet all about Phoebe which I am sure would annoy all Piper and Paige fans like me.

I am a Piper fan.

Anyways good addition to the Charmed character hall of fame and not bad writing so it will get a

B+

and 3 out of five stars.

P.S this marathon was not on television, I have the show on DVD.moreless

Load More Reviews