Superb

Clash of the Elders

By lenzinoH20, Oct 25, 2011

It's a Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad World, Par 2-Gideon creates a portal that puts Chris and Leo in a mirrored world where evil prevails, and Phoebe and Paige travel to the parallel universe to rescue them. Meanwhile, Piper gives birth to baby Chris.

Definately the better half of the season finale, although still nothing really amazing about it. It's about as good as Charmed can get during these later years anyway. The performances in this episode are definately better than the last, Rose McGowan manages to control her over the top mannerisms and convinces in most of her scenes this episode despite that awful performance at the end of Part 1. The whole cast seems like their taking the material more seriously, even though the whole evil world plot is as silly as can be. With Gideon's failed attempt on Wyatt, he teams up with....Barbas....and plans yet another way to kill Wyatt. I do have to admit, the gleefully good world the sisters are stuck in it's pretty hilarious. The hospital scenes in particular have some disturbingly funny moments like the doctor threatening to rip offPaige and Phoebe's knee caps. But once Piper and Paige are put under Piper's spell, the episode begins to suffer. God, I think Paige and Phoebe could anymore annoying! Rose especially seemed like she was phoning in her "Mary Sue" performance, this time..I don't blame her.

Probably the most effective part of the episode was Chris' death, especially sacrificing himself to save Wyatt. yes, I don't like Chris and still don't but his death was kinda heartbreaking, especially when Leo is at his bedside when he fads away. Paige's tears were also effective, especially considering I thought Rose McGowan forgot how to act. After that, we get Leo's meltdown in the attic which is pretty jarring since when did Leo have lightning powers?! O_0 Anyway, this all leads to a showdown between Gideon and Leo which is pretty badass, since we never get to see Leo let loose and kick some a$$! While is still makes no sense that Leo has these powers, Gideon's death is brutal and shcoking. I also liked how it paralled with Paige breaking the news to Phoebe, it builded some great tension and seeing Phoebe snap at the doctor was refreshing, especially seeing Alyssa put in a good performance for once. Haven't seen Phoebe that serious and worked up since at the end of Season 4. The episode ends with another Halliwell arrival in the family: baby Chris is born and in Charmed fashion, it's a touching moment between Piper and Leo as they both hold their new son as Paige and Phoebe, while holding Wyatt, look on. It's also the first finale that ends without the Halliwell Manor door closing, instead we get the recovery room doors to Piper's room close. All and All, Part 2 was definately the better half of this finalebut is fairlyaverage managing to give us some good moments of solid acting and hreatbreakingscenes despite the weak plot with the alterante world.moreless

Your feeble skills are no match for the sheer power of the darkside of Leo... Pure awesomeness.

By iltarion, Jun 11, 2011

I had originally thought that Forever Charmed would be the only episode that I would give a perfect 10 to, but after watching this a third time, I changed my mind. This episode is as good as it gets for Charmed. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will make you damn glad to see an elder get fried, and it will just all around keep you riveted. As I said for the first part, this is the best season finale to Charmed until the series finale. The happy, hokey world was a bit annoying, which I'm sure was the point, but here is a list of the awesomeness.

Billy Drago and Gildart Jackson are tremendous in their scenes together. Their first dialogue scene is a gem, and I continue to be thoroughly entertained by Drago throughout. "Is the big elder afraid of the itsy, bitsy, little baby?" Hahaha...

Holly's acting, like usual, is fabulous in the couple scenes she is in, especially when Drago plays on her fears.

I thought Phoebe and Paige were hilarious after Piper put the spell on them, especially Phoebe and all her baby talk with Chris. hahaha... Apparently to live in this altered reality, you just need to be high.

Another great scene is when Chris uses his power to throw Darryl out the front door. He then looks out the door at Darryl, and in a hilariously cocky manner says, "Have a nice day," and then uses his power to shut the door. Sweet. And another is when Wes Ramsey reappears as the older, evil Wyatt, and he takes Excalibur to his dad. Somewhat fitting when you remember King Arthur used that sword to kill his own son, Mordred.

Chris's death is a tearjerker. Rose McGowan is magnificent as Paige stands in the doorway stricken, and Brian Krause, of course, is better than ever. Wyatt orbing around the underworld vanquishing demons is hilarious and awesome simultaneously. Then, of course, Leo summoning the mirror, talking to his evil counterpart, telling Gideon he is going to commit a great evil, and then electrocuting Gideon is one of the all time greatest Charmed moments. Here's a memo: don't mess with Leo's kids.

The final scene with Chris's birth, Leo going in to see Piper, and as Charmed tradition, the hospital room doors swinging shut with the words "Recovery" on them, is great in pretty much every detail. This ultimately shows that the story arc for Season 6 actually had Piper and Leo at its heart. Like Season 2, they start the season separated, and they finish the season together, in recovery. Just an all around fantastic episode.moreless

SINS OF THE FATHER

By Blinksterboy, Dec 10, 2010

Sins of the father

An absolute blinder to end the season. The sisters are trapped in a warped version of reality, Chris dies and gets born on the same day and Leo finally gets his revenge on Gideon. The plot is superb and the action is gripping throughout, with some real surprises at the end. It doesn't get much better than this.

The world's morals are seriously screwed up by the shift in power, resulting in one of the most inventive plots of the series. The relentless happiness and false smiles are really disturbing and to see Piper as part of it is frightening. I'd rather they hadn't infected Paige and Phoebe too but, that said, Rose McGowan is excellent as bubbly Paige.

When Gideon teams up with Barbas, the action really escalates and the last few scenes are amazing. Nice to see Wes Ramsey back as grown up Wyatt. Bold move to kill off Chris but I guess he was leaving anyway so why not?

Leo is the undisputed hero this week and it's he who calls the shots. He also displays some fantastic new powers. I absolutely love it when he gets all kickarse like this. For me, seeing him electrocute Gideon is one of the defining moments of this show. The range of emotions Brian goes through is amazing and I'd rate this as easily his best performance so far.

There are some great individual scenes. The way Phoebe and Leo whisk back the curtain to see their evil selves is storming, and Chris's death is full-on tragic. Interestingly, his birth is handled very differently to Wyatt's. No orbs or demons this time, just a regular birth in a hospital. It's the perfect ending to an hour of madness.

This season, the Charmed Ones and their associates manage to vanquish a whopping 102 demons, 8 darklighters, 2 warlocks, 2 mortals, 2 phantasms, 1 elder, 1 banshee, 1 evil witch and 1 headless horseman. That's a total of 120 evil beings, making this their bloodiest season so far. And all this despite making only one vanquish in the first five episodes.

Which way now indeed.

Score: 9.7moreless

This second part of the episode is great it was funny, sad, magical, dramatic everything you would want.

By charmed1102, May 02, 2007

This episode continuse after Phoebe is shot, Leo heals her and she is ok but they find out that their world has gotten too nice and if there is bad they will punsish this is because the Charmed Ones kept switching over to the parelell universe which caused each worlds to loose their quality, Gideon is still after Wyatt but Leos saves the day when he gets to Wyatt and saves him but Gideons life is ended after a beloved Father, Elder and Husband kills him due to his behaviour with his son. Meanwhile Piper finaly gives birth to her baby turns out its a boy and she calls it Chris , who knew ???moreless

The 2nd half of this ep was the best.. surprisingly sad though!

By limegreenscream, Mar 24, 2007

In this half of It's a bad bad bad world things really start to heat up. It is more fast paced and gripping.

Chris sacrifices his life in order to save Wyatt and dies in Leo's arms. It is a much sadder moment than I would have anticipated, not having liked chris that much, but it was sad. It is kind of confusing though.. is he dead in the future or not? And why only 1 demon? Hmm.. After Chris dies Leo is heartbroken and goes after Gideon in a rage! (excellent acting by Rose McGowan when Chris died btw)

Leo kills Gideon and the ties between the 2 worlds are broken. Meanwhile in the hospital baby chris is born and it is all very touching.

This ep was kind of confusing but I really enjoyed it. it was nice to watch charmed again! Now I am sad as we will only get to see chris grow up to 2 years old since charmed ends in 2 years, and I am reviewing it over 3 years after it aired..moreless

Excellent Episode!

By WarGrowlmon15, Jun 22, 2006

I really enjoyed this episode!!!It was quite pivitoal. It brought new depth to the charchters. They killed off future Chris and brought up a new side to Leo. He killed Gideon and even his evil self said he didn't think he had it in him. I liked that they had Leo play a more active role for once in the show. Usually he only gives advice and healing and only goes to battle to be there if the sisters needed to be healed. Instead this time he went into battle by himself and vanwuished the villan by himself with cool new powers he got as an Elder that he's never shown before. I liked that he went off and vanquished a villan on his own under his own power. The only times he ever vanquished someone before was the Siren when he had Piper's powers and was the only one who could and when helped Phoebe against the Gamemaster's so she could vanquish the threat to his son. But this time he did it by himself and using his own powers. I thought that it was pretty cool that the writers had him deal with the threat by himself. He was the one who was most affected by what happened with Gideon since he trusted him for so many years and the fact that the guy killed his son and tried to kill the other so it was just right that he got to kill him.moreless

Great! A ll the twists and turns that a good plot should have

By chazzock, Jun 17, 2006

I can\'t beleive that Chris died, it was given that he would die or leave to go back to the future but it was very sudden, and who would have thought that Gideon would kil him?

Poor Piper and Leo, at least they have baby Chris and Wyatt still. Paige and Pheobe when they were very happy was funny, but annoying because you wanted them to snap out of it.

Send in the Clones Part Two

By maxpower03, Mar 11, 2006

An absolutely brilliant episode to finish off the season, part two of It's a Bad, Bad etc. has some genuinely sad scenes, some shocking twists and some daring storytelling.

The episode has Leo healing Phoebe's gunshot wound (surprise, surprise) and the sisters attempting to get to Piper, who they discover has been put under the sinisterly happy spell which has infected this changed world. Leo and Chris attempt to protect Wyatt from Gideon's clutches and Chris is killed in the process, sending Leo off in a whirlwind of vengeance-seeking.

It was very brave of the writers to kill of Chris. They obviously hired Drew Fuller for his looks instead of his acting ability (which, frankly, sucks) and it was extremely shocking to see them kill off the character who is most likely to pull in more female viewers (as Leo's looking a bit rough nowadays). His death scene is extremely sad and Rose McGowan is excellent as she starts to weep at the door of the room in which Chris is dying in. Barbas is absolutely awful as usual but Gideon, the big bad of the episode, is brilliant. It was great seeing Leo go all psychotic on him at the end and finally ending his cycle of evil. The closing moments, in which Piper gives birth to baby Chris and everybody is happy again is very moving and promises loads of good storylines for season seven.

Season six has been an absolutely awful season with some painfully bad episodes (Prince Charmed, Power of Three Blondes, My Three Witches etc. etc. etc.) as well as some (rare) brilliant ones (Legend of Sleepy Halliwell, It's a Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad World, Chris-Crossed). This season is perfect in showing that Charmed has past it's prime and the writers are showing signs of difficulty in finding good storylines. Hopefully they'll improve but if they don't, I think it's time for Charmed to close the door on the manor for the last time...

Rating: B+moreless

Awesome.

By hotrodrich, Feb 24, 2006

Loved this episode. Sad to see Drew Fuller go but ah well we've still got Brian Krause. When he got all mad and blew all that stuff up in rage...wow!!! He's a great actor and its good that he's still in it after so long. barbas is so annoying. i wish they could vanquish him for good. It bugs me that he keeps popping up.

Load More Reviews