Kill Billie: Vol. 2

Episode Reviews (92)

Superb

Kill Billie: Vol. 2

By TrueTvWatcher, May 23, 2012

Kill Billie: Vol. 2 was a perfect episode and setup for the series finale of Charmed. I really enjoyed watching because the story was awesome, well written, and full of magic, action and intrigue. It was fun watching the events unfold leading to a final showdown between Billie, Christy and the Charmed Ones. It was interesting that the Hollow was used again. The ending was pretty sad and I couldn't believe the aftermath. It was cool seeing the Angel of Destiny return what was lost. I certainly look forward to watching how the series wraps up in the finale!!!!!!!!!moreless

And we have LIFTOFF... as Charmed's penultimate episode climbs to an explosive climax.

By iltarion, Jan 25, 2012

Wow. This is only the second 10 I've ever scored an episode of Charmed. The first being for "Its a Bad, Bad, Bad World" and the next likely being for "Forever Charmed." It is rare indeed when something called "the Ultimate Battle" actually lives up to that billing. This episode is tense from the beginning with the sisters on the run in the Underworld.

The somewhat uncomfortable scene at The Bay Mirror could have be cut to leave time for a longer scene at the end, but it is possible that they wanted to give Alise one last scene in the series. The dark demon with the accent is an excellent actor and very effective in all of his scenes. His speech about the old guard of the Underworld being wiped out and the new guard not being ready to attack the sisters again until the next generation is a brilliant move by Brad Kern. In one short speech the perfect ending for Charmed, and the life the sisters wanted, is in sight and made possible, and it didn't take something irrational or spectacular to get there. All it took apparently was killing enough demons. Haha... Great touch with Leo appearing to Piper to help guide her. The subtle manner in which it was done was perfect.

The scene in the beginning when Coop appears in the attic with Christie and Billy there is excellent. Billie nows believes killing the Charmed Ones is for the greater good. I don't see how, but at least she's there so we can get to the battle now. I love it when Victor goes off on Coop and tells him to buzz off. Good stuff. Very understandable.

All the scenes involving the summoning of the Hollow are fantastic, some of my favorite scenes in the series, starting when Dumain appears with Wyatt and is talking to Billie. I love it when the camera flashes to the doorway where we see Christie come slinking in through the shadows. Christie is so sexy and evil with her perpetual pout, dark eyes, and obnoxiously shiny lip gloss. Using Wyatt to help kill his mother is a move that even Billie has a hard time accepting, but Christie is actually right on this time. They've gone too far to turn back now. "If we don't do what we have to do, they're gonna kill us." True dat. All the women once possessed by the Hollow are fantastically evil. I absolutely love the scene with Billie and Christie where they take Wyatt's powers. Billie looks even more evil than Christie, and I think this is the only time in the season when Billie actually looks hot. I love the lustful looks she throws Dumain before Christie tries to zap him. Great stuff!!

Then, of course, we flash back to the sisters. Not sure what the Triad was thinking considering they last like 2 seconds against the power of the Hollow. I guess they couldn't "handle them" afterall.

Finally, of course, we have the shocking and explosive final scene. Great faceoff with a few words for each actress, and then the power exchange with wind whipping up their hair, ending with the explosion that destroys the manor.

Holly is as usual amazing in the emotional scene at the end. What a shocking and painful twist that must have been to those viewers of the original airing of this episode, with Paige and even Phoebe apparently dead. It was not as impactful on me since I already knew the plot of Forever Charmed before watching this episode. I knew Piper would go back in time to save her sisters for the finale. It is still a powerful and sad scene though. Like everyone else, I loved when Piper started beating up Billie.

And Holly might have actually been outdone by Brian Krause in his return. Incredible acting, maybe his best of the entire series. He takes in the apocalyptic scene around him and the devastation and shock are immediately written on his face. Obviously it would have made more sense if they took a moment to look for Paige or explain why they didn't, but I can let it pass. It isn't like Paige wasn't mentioned since Piper thought Billie was her.

Amazing episode that would have served as a great finale on its own. Fortunately, an even BETTER finale is yet in store.moreless

OMG! This episode was a series classic! From start to end I absolutely loved it! I laughed, I cried, I gasped. Totally the best ending and cliffhanger ever! I thought All Hell Breaks Loose would never be rivalled in that department but I was wrong.

By dominustrinus, Nov 02, 2011

Starting in the underworld after last weeks corker of an ending I thought the episode picked up pace pretty quickly, none of it seemed slow to me - we were already pretty much in the midst of the action. And how long were the girls down there for before they went on the offensive? In the scene where Nomed spoke to Elise they said Phoebe hadn't been reachable for weeks and hadn't sent in her colum in days so the sisters must've been playing "Survivor: Underworld" for some time.

Something else they said was also odd, it seems more like the Triad are the real evil incarnate that are unvanquishable and the Source wasn't. It's a bit weird but I like it. Since we saw the Source in S3 he seemed more like a demon and less like an eternal evil. My take on it all is that the Triad is the real manifestation of evil but because they take time to resurrect they can't run the Underworld so the Source was created to lead instead. So "The Source" is more of a spooky title than anything, afterall when they vanquished the Source, all evil was clearly not vanquished and other demons were able to take his crown and name. That's just what I think.

Victor was great in this episode! I am beyond thrilled that he has a relationship with his grandchildren, makes up for his utter lack of parenting with the girls. His frequent babysitting this year ("They're with dad" is the new "They're at Magic School") reassures that he will stay close like Chris was saying in "Hyde School Reunion", I hope he keeps that good relationship with them. I also loved his words to Coop about not wanting Phoebe to have to go through what Piper went through / is still going through with Leo. He's never been awfully pro-magic and I like that he's sticking to his guns on it and being all fatherly. And after copping it from Victor he copped it from Phoebe! Alyssa was fabulous in that scene and I was so glad to hear her say that her priority is her sisters, even if she is a little man crazy they come first.

Billie and Christy, pawns though they are, were great again. I won't go into it but I totally ditto Snoopy Dance on how genius having the Charmed Ones fighting human sisters witches was. Nifty. I thought that their was some nice symmetry with The Charmed ones teaming up with a young generation of demons to win and the Triad teaming up with a young generation of witches to win. The whole succession vibe made the Charmed ones seem old hat and the Jenkins' pretty novel - in a "don't mess with us" kinda way. I loved their first confrontation, with the sisters blown out the window and the Jenkins' up the stairs. That was cool! And perecptive little Paige saw through their mind projection pan (which was actually pretty smart).

Unleashing the Hollow was a nice bit of continuity. Some of the details were different but for the most part it was okay. The directing of the Hollow being summoned was cool, I hoped we'd get a Po3 spell too so I was quite happy! I guess that Hollow page was added by an ancestor after the events of "Charmed and Dangerous". But Billie and Christy! How low are they! Using Wyatt's power to kill his own mother and "hoping that someday he'll understand"!? WTF was that! Grrrrrr. I was happy when Chris orbed his butt back, pleased that he has powers and even more pleased that they are developing like a normal witch - none of this twice blessed "with every new day comes a new power" stuff.

When they absorbed the Hollow things truly got interesting, the Triad was vanquished in spirit form which makes me wonder whether that equalls a permanent vanquish and the final battle got happening! Wowza! Totally awesome, as good as their Zankou battle and maybe even as good as the one with the Source. I loved their little standoffish banter beforehand and then all hell broke loose! The furniture was trashed, seeing the grandfather clock blow up for the last time was tragic. Seriously, that's when the tears started! And then went the girls flying backward all Charlies Angels-esque, then went Piper's bedroom, then the attic, then the whole manor! I totally lost it! I thought the sfx were all exceptionally good, the only one I thought was dodgy was the streetshot when flaming debri was falling but my mind was in such shock and awe that I truly did not care. Plus the budget of Charmed isn't huge, less so this season, so I was bloody impressed all in all. When it faded from black to the night sky and down to the ruins of the Manor I was still devastated, even moreso when I saw the spirit board and photo of my three favourite, leading ladies. I knew if anyone was gonna get up it'd be Piper and it was, tough as nails. When she found Phoebe I was bawling, especially when she said "c'mon kiddo, wake up". Holly's acting during this scene in particular was so great, when she cries I cry. When Leo then appeared I was so grateful, Billie wasn't dead but the ultimate power was broken more or less so they earnt his return. Then when he hugged Piper who was holding Phoebe it was a brilliant moment, the three season one originals together - dead, battered or recently frozen they were still together!

Some people think it was wrong that Piper wasn't concerned for Paige but considering what she was confronted with I dare say Piper was just in shock and wasn't eager to go find Paige in a similar state to Phoebe. When she heard noises from the wreckage and it was Billie I saw red! What a troll! I frickin loved that Piper belted her one and tried to blow her up (I blame her aim on the overwhelming emotions). But Leo as per usual made her do the right thing and stopped her from being a killer. The manor exploded, her sisters dead, her rival still alive, Leo back and sirens coming was seriously the best ending possible, especially coupled with "There's nothing left for us here, we gotta go". Anywho "TO BE CONTINUED...", I can and can't wait till next week and the end of my favourite show.

And so it looks like the Triad got what they wanted, both pairs of sisters are severed, they would've been able to return to power except, you know, VANQUISHED! Until next week where it looks like anything is game with all the time travel. Great trailer from the wb, I really hope we can pull 5 million. Everyboy get you friends to watch.

All in all, this episode was the closest to a perfect episode in a good long while. I worship Jon Pare for his fabulous work on this episode and Brad Kern for proving he can still write a ripper of a Charmed episode. I hope he proves it all over again next week. Best episode of the season and one of the best this whole series. 9.9 outta 10. I can't give it a perfect 10 because of tiny things like Paige not contacting or at least giving mention to Henry (at least not on screen) and other stuff like that.moreless

one of the most explosive, exciting episodes of charmed. SPOILERS!

By jackb999, Feb 13, 2011

although the pace is slow inbetween once it gets to the big conclusion you will believe it was worth the wait. the special effects are amazing and look extremley realistic. not as good as season three's finale but then again no episode of charmed is. it is still extremley enjoyable. some of the best bits may be - when the halliwells face b and c and they all throw potions towards eachother and collide causing a huge fire ball explosion throwing them all through windows and banisters. and when they have the final confrontation with energy beams and fire beams causing the biggest explosion on the show blowing the MANOR up!!! utterly fantastic, extremley enjoyable.moreless

The Charmed Ones and Billie and Christy both try to find succesful weapons to use against the opponents. Both settle on unleashing the Hollow which leads to a disastrous battle.

By DanFuchs, Oct 10, 2010

The penultimate episode of Charmed satisfied me. It featured some excellent acting, a well written story (Brad Kern actually has it in him) and memorable moments that rank among Charmed's best.

Rik Young did an excellent job as the British demon of the week, though the plotline seemed slightly misplaced; why should we, with everything else going on, care that some demons are fed up with the Triad and want them dead? Victor Webster continues to annoy me, and luckily there's only one episode left for him to influence. His popping up in the middle of the suspense was such a downer, and luckily Phoebe did not think 'It doesn't matter that we are facing the greatest battle ever, love is paramount' like he wants her to think. Take a hike, Coop!

Though the storyline was not Charmed's finest, it worked. The final scene with the exploding manor was mindnumbing, and I'm very happy that Kern had Piper be the surviving sister, seeing as Holly Marie Combs is and has since season 4 been the definite anchor of the show. Holly Marie Combs was beyond good in this episode and shone in every scene she was in.

I hated, however, that Billie was actually talked into using Wyatt for her own personal gain. She is planning to kill his mother and then she dares use him to do it? Where the hell did her moral go? On the other hand I liked that Christy more than ever seemed brainwashed and unreasonable.

Piper finding Phoebe's corpse in the ruins was heartbreaking. I just needed one little thing. She should have whispered Prue's name, like calling for help. That would have made the scene perfection, especially as we are facing the end, but obviously in the hands of Brad Kern that is hardly likely to happen. Much better to act like Prue never existed. It thrilled me that the Angel of Destiny had not expected this outcome; it made it appear as though there's actually free will in the Charmed universe and that absolutely everything isn't controlled by the whole destiny crap.

And of course it was nice to see Brian Krause again. Bring on the finale, Charmed.moreless

The end is near...

By The_Fisherman, Oct 09, 2010

Here is another great episode from Charmed, but sadly it's almost over. In the secod-to-last episode, The Charmed Ones are forced to hide out in the Underworld. But they can't hide forever, when the demons find them and force them out of hiding. The Triad tells Billie and Christy to use The Hollow against The Charmed Ones, who are seeking help from two unlikely allies--two demons who want The Triad gone for good and convince The Charmed Ones to get The Hollow before Billie and Christy do. Leo appears only to Piper and encourages her to take their help. Billie uses Wyatt to get The Hollow, and Billie and Christy get it the same time as The Charmed Ones. The Charmed Ones kill The Triad and return to the manor, where Billie and Christy are waiting. Their powers clash, and causes the manor's destruction in a huge explosion, killing Christy, Phoebe and Paige in the process. The Angel of Destiny returns Leo to a destroyed home, and meets up with Piper. Billie escapes, and Piper and Leo leave.

Overral, this was a really great episode. It starts off good and climbs up to great with the final ultimate battle that will leave you breathless.moreless

A HOLLOW VICTORY

By Blinksterboy, Oct 09, 2010

What an ending! In terms of sheer power, this has to be the most spectacular climax in the whole eight years (surpassing even the mass vanquish in "Womb Raider"). Seeing Piper lamp Billie in the final scene just puts the icing on the cake. Well worth saving those pennies for, Mr Kern.

After a surprisingly slow start, the action begins when the girls go up against each other with potions. Nice direction and excellent explosion. There's none of the despair we saw ahead of the battles with Zankou and the Source, just utter contempt on both sides. Love it!

The scenes with Victor and the boys give some welcome breathing space, and I love the way Wyatt is woven so closely into the plot. Since the end of season six, he's been little more than a teleporting prop. And how cool is it that little Chris has found his powers at last? Shame it's so late in the day - it could have led to some good storylines.

Twenty minutes in, the Triad decides to use the Hollow. This is inspired. From this moment on, the action literally explodes. Brilliant idea to have both sides summon the Hollow at the same time; the build-up during the chanting is fantastic. It's then just one stunning scene after another: the Jenkins stealing Wyatt's powers; the Charmed Ones throwing six energy balls back at the demon. Awesome! The showdown itself is breathtaking. Bolts of lightning, fireballs and then the Manor blown to pieces. One of the greatest scenes of the whole series. And what a cliffhanger to end with! Phoebe dead, Piper in tears and even the Angel of Destiny in shock. Nice to know there are some things even she cannot foresee.

If there's one thing missing this week it's Henry. Since he and Paige got married we've barely seen him. By contrast, there's a lot of Coop. Not wholly sure why. Still, I did like that Phoebe told him to scoot off while she fought the battle. That's the Phoebe we used to know.

Body count for the season stands at 93, comprising 89 demons, 2 darklighters, 1 wizard and 1 evil witch. For the second season in a row, only a minority (38) are vanquished by the Charmed Ones. Between them, Billie and Christy kill 27, while 25 are killed by other demons, 2 die of a virus and 1 is vanquished by Magic School students.

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, Leo turns up. Good to have you back, mate.

Score: 9.7moreless

wonderfully written,whoever thought of this.

By ogesfiesta, Oct 09, 2010

the girls are stucked in the underworld phoebe piage and christy are dead. its left for the two remaining witches billie and piper to save their sisters.

they both end up summoning the hollow at the same time which spells for disaster. this episode was well written and plotted a good foundation for the finale for once the sisters are faced with real fights not only against evil but their own lives.

i hope billie sees that christy isnt who she claims she is and that the sisters really care for her with the sole aim of fighting evil.

simply expolsive. loved it cant wait to see how they survive from thismoreless

the charmed ones are stuck in the underworld, while billie and christy have taken over the manner, the girls resurface and team up with demons to battle them, the charmed ones end up summnoning the hollow at the same time as billie and christy

By x31msmarvel31x, Oct 09, 2010

the girls are stuck in the underworld and fending off demons, they finally decide to resurface and leave the book of shadows at phoebe's apartment while they go to the manner to make some potions to confront billie and christy, they mix a potion in the attic and finally face off with them, they later team with demons to defeat billie and christy and all of them end up summoning the hollow,

this episode was really good, it sets up the stage for the finale, with christy, paige and phoebe dead, the final battle is over at least until they can all find a way to fix things and save their respective sistersmoreless

Load More Reviews