Kill Billie: Vol. 2

Episode Reviews (92)

Superb

Kill Billie: Vol. 2

By TrueTvWatcher, May 23, 2012

Kill Billie: Vol. 2 was a perfect episode and setup for the series finale of Charmed. I really enjoyed watching because the story was awesome, well written, and full of magic, action and intrigue. It was fun watching the events unfold leading to a final showdown between Billie, Christy and the Charmed Ones. It was interesting that the Hollow was used again. The ending was pretty sad and I couldn't believe the aftermath. It was cool seeing the Angel of Destiny return what was lost. I certainly look forward to watching how the series wraps up in the finale!!!!!!!!!moreless

And we have LIFTOFF... as Charmed's penultimate episode climbs to an explosive climax.

By iltarion, Jan 25, 2012

Wow. This is only the second 10 I've ever scored an episode of Charmed. The first being for "Its a Bad, Bad, Bad World" and the next likely being for "Forever Charmed." It is rare indeed when something called "the Ultimate Battle" actually lives up to that billing. This episode is tense from the beginning with the sisters on the run in the Underworld.

The somewhat uncomfortable scene at The Bay Mirror could have be cut to leave time for a longer scene at the end, but it is possible that they wanted to give Alise one last scene in the series. The dark demon with the accent is an excellent actor and very effective in all of his scenes. His speech about the old guard of the Underworld being wiped out and the new guard not being ready to attack the sisters again until the next generation is a brilliant move by Brad Kern. In one short speech the perfect ending for Charmed, and the life the sisters wanted, is in sight and made possible, and it didn't take something irrational or spectacular to get there. All it took apparently was killing enough demons. Haha... Great touch with Leo appearing to Piper to help guide her. The subtle manner in which it was done was perfect.

The scene in the beginning when Coop appears in the attic with Christie and Billy there is excellent. Billie nows believes killing the Charmed Ones is for the greater good. I don't see how, but at least she's there so we can get to the battle now. I love it when Victor goes off on Coop and tells him to buzz off. Good stuff. Very understandable.

All the scenes involving the summoning of the Hollow are fantastic, some of my favorite scenes in the series, starting when Dumain appears with Wyatt and is talking to Billie. I love it when the camera flashes to the doorway where we see Christie come slinking in through the shadows. Christie is so sexy and evil with her perpetual pout, dark eyes, and obnoxiously shiny lip gloss. Using Wyatt to help kill his mother is a move that even Billie has a hard time accepting, but Christie is actually right on this time. They've gone too far to turn back now. "If we don't do what we have to do, they're gonna kill us." True dat. All the women once possessed by the Hollow are fantastically evil. I absolutely love the scene with Billie and Christie where they take Wyatt's powers. Billie looks even more evil than Christie, and I think this is the only time in the season when Billie actually looks hot. I love the lustful looks she throws Dumain before Christie tries to zap him. Great stuff!!

Then, of course, we flash back to the sisters. Not sure what the Triad was thinking considering they last like 2 seconds against the power of the Hollow. I guess they couldn't "handle them" afterall.

Finally, of course, we have the shocking and explosive final scene. Great faceoff with a few words for each actress, and then the power exchange with wind whipping up their hair, ending with the explosion that destroys the manor.

Holly is as usual amazing in the emotional scene at the end. What a shocking and painful twist that must have been to those viewers of the original airing of this episode, with Paige and even Phoebe apparently dead. It was not as impactful on me since I already knew the plot of Forever Charmed before watching this episode. I knew Piper would go back in time to save her sisters for the finale. It is still a powerful and sad scene though. Like everyone else, I loved when Piper started beating up Billie.

And Holly might have actually been outdone by Brian Krause in his return. Incredible acting, maybe his best of the entire series. He takes in the apocalyptic scene around him and the devastation and shock are immediately written on his face. Obviously it would have made more sense if they took a moment to look for Paige or explain why they didn't, but I can let it pass. It isn't like Paige wasn't mentioned since Piper thought Billie was her.

Amazing episode that would have served as a great finale on its own. Fortunately, an even BETTER finale is yet in store.moreless

The big battle we all knew was coming.

By Edward_Nigma, Nov 29, 2011

Of course this episode was intense, and of course it's all what we've been waiting for, and of course it was a great episode. The intensity of the whole thing grew pretty well throughout the whole episode, with some excellent scenes, but I still can't get over the way Billie was convinced by Christy to hate the Charmed Ones.

Phoebe's talk with Coop was completely AWESOME. She laid it out like it is - she has no time for him, she cares about her sisters the most. Thank you Phoebe! That's the way it should be! The scenes with Victor were pretty cool too. It was nice how protective he was of his grandchildren. The summoning of the Hollow was a really good idea. It's nice to know that ultimate power wasn't truly passed on to Billie and that her and Christy actually needed help (Wyatt) to summon the Hollow, while the Charmed Ones were able to do it themselves. The deal with the demons proved pretty helpful - the demons wanted the Triad gone for good, and they needed help to do that. By gettting the Charmed Ones to use the Hollow, the demons got their wish, while the Charmed ones got power to stop Billie and Christy. It really seems like the Charmed Ones got a good deal there.

Now the ending, that was probably the best part. The manor blowing up - wow. The manor has been such as huge part of the show, and the long-time home of the Charmed line, and just seeing it get destroyed, watching the pieces fall to the ground, was amazing. Then Piper finds dead Phoebe, and her reaction is so touching. Of course she forgets about Paige, which is sort of weird...but it also might be a sign that Phoebe means more to Piper and that they're really close, as they're true sisters. Oooh and when she found Billie, that was harsh. Ugh, why did Leo have to stop her from killing her?! Seriously Brad Kern, how can you not know we would have all loved to see that *cough* get blown up by Piper.

Now, what really really makes me mad is - why the heck did Phoebe not have a premonition??????? I mean come on, way to make continuity 0. Phoebe has pretty much not even been a witch all freaking season. She's had nothing but premonitions about her baby issues all season, and to end the show with her not having one is beyond stupid. She'd seriously better have one somehow next week...

Then once again, we got to see Billie acting like the retard she truly is. I can't see how she thinks it's okay to risk the life of a THREE year old boy, not to mention that he's the son of one of the three women who mentored her, just so she can supposedly stop the Charmed Ones from getting all power-hungry. She doesn't think she's even a bit evil for doing that? She has way too much trust in her sister, too easily forgetting all the Charmed ones have done for her. Also she blew off Coop's mentioning of the spell Phoebe was under just because Christy said he was lying. It sort of takes away from the believeability of the big battle when it seems like it never really should have ever happened.

Overall though, a very good episode, with lots of drama and no stupid non-funny joke attempts which is what the show seemed to be putting emphasis on more and more the last few years. Sisterly bonding prevailed, and the big battle ended in the loss of life. Now we just have next week to see how it all turns out...moreless

one of the most explosive, exciting episodes of charmed. SPOILERS!

By jackb999, Feb 13, 2011

although the pace is slow inbetween once it gets to the big conclusion you will believe it was worth the wait. the special effects are amazing and look extremley realistic. not as good as season three's finale but then again no episode of charmed is. it is still extremley enjoyable. some of the best bits may be - when the halliwells face b and c and they all throw potions towards eachother and collide causing a huge fire ball explosion throwing them all through windows and banisters. and when they have the final confrontation with energy beams and fire beams causing the biggest explosion on the show blowing the MANOR up!!! utterly fantastic, extremley enjoyable.moreless

The Charmed Ones and Billie and Christy both try to find succesful weapons to use against the opponents. Both settle on unleashing the Hollow which leads to a disastrous battle.

By DanFuchs, Oct 10, 2010

The penultimate episode of Charmed satisfied me. It featured some excellent acting, a well written story (Brad Kern actually has it in him) and memorable moments that rank among Charmed's best.

Rik Young did an excellent job as the British demon of the week, though the plotline seemed slightly misplaced; why should we, with everything else going on, care that some demons are fed up with the Triad and want them dead? Victor Webster continues to annoy me, and luckily there's only one episode left for him to influence. His popping up in the middle of the suspense was such a downer, and luckily Phoebe did not think 'It doesn't matter that we are facing the greatest battle ever, love is paramount' like he wants her to think. Take a hike, Coop!

Though the storyline was not Charmed's finest, it worked. The final scene with the exploding manor was mindnumbing, and I'm very happy that Kern had Piper be the surviving sister, seeing as Holly Marie Combs is and has since season 4 been the definite anchor of the show. Holly Marie Combs was beyond good in this episode and shone in every scene she was in.

I hated, however, that Billie was actually talked into using Wyatt for her own personal gain. She is planning to kill his mother and then she dares use him to do it? Where the hell did her moral go? On the other hand I liked that Christy more than ever seemed brainwashed and unreasonable.

Piper finding Phoebe's corpse in the ruins was heartbreaking. I just needed one little thing. She should have whispered Prue's name, like calling for help. That would have made the scene perfection, especially as we are facing the end, but obviously in the hands of Brad Kern that is hardly likely to happen. Much better to act like Prue never existed. It thrilled me that the Angel of Destiny had not expected this outcome; it made it appear as though there's actually free will in the Charmed universe and that absolutely everything isn't controlled by the whole destiny crap.

And of course it was nice to see Brian Krause again. Bring on the finale, Charmed.moreless

The end is near...

By The_Fisherman, Oct 09, 2010

Here is another great episode from Charmed, but sadly it's almost over. In the secod-to-last episode, The Charmed Ones are forced to hide out in the Underworld. But they can't hide forever, when the demons find them and force them out of hiding. The Triad tells Billie and Christy to use The Hollow against The Charmed Ones, who are seeking help from two unlikely allies--two demons who want The Triad gone for good and convince The Charmed Ones to get The Hollow before Billie and Christy do. Leo appears only to Piper and encourages her to take their help. Billie uses Wyatt to get The Hollow, and Billie and Christy get it the same time as The Charmed Ones. The Charmed Ones kill The Triad and return to the manor, where Billie and Christy are waiting. Their powers clash, and causes the manor's destruction in a huge explosion, killing Christy, Phoebe and Paige in the process. The Angel of Destiny returns Leo to a destroyed home, and meets up with Piper. Billie escapes, and Piper and Leo leave.

Overral, this was a really great episode. It starts off good and climbs up to great with the final ultimate battle that will leave you breathless.moreless

A HOLLOW VICTORY

By Blinksterboy, Oct 09, 2010

What an ending! In terms of sheer power, this has to be the most spectacular climax in the whole eight years (surpassing even the mass vanquish in "Womb Raider"). Seeing Piper lamp Billie in the final scene just puts the icing on the cake. Well worth saving those pennies for, Mr Kern.

After a surprisingly slow start, the action begins when the girls go up against each other with potions. Nice direction and excellent explosion. There's none of the despair we saw ahead of the battles with Zankou and the Source, just utter contempt on both sides. Love it!

The scenes with Victor and the boys give some welcome breathing space, and I love the way Wyatt is woven so closely into the plot. Since the end of season six, he's been little more than a teleporting prop. And how cool is it that little Chris has found his powers at last? Shame it's so late in the day - it could have led to some good storylines.

Twenty minutes in, the Triad decides to use the Hollow. This is inspired. From this moment on, the action literally explodes. Brilliant idea to have both sides summon the Hollow at the same time; the build-up during the chanting is fantastic. It's then just one stunning scene after another: the Jenkins stealing Wyatt's powers; the Charmed Ones throwing six energy balls back at the demon. Awesome! The showdown itself is breathtaking. Bolts of lightning, fireballs and then the Manor blown to pieces. One of the greatest scenes of the whole series. And what a cliffhanger to end with! Phoebe dead, Piper in tears and even the Angel of Destiny in shock. Nice to know there are some things even she cannot foresee.

If there's one thing missing this week it's Henry. Since he and Paige got married we've barely seen him. By contrast, there's a lot of Coop. Not wholly sure why. Still, I did like that Phoebe told him to scoot off while she fought the battle. That's the Phoebe we used to know.

Body count for the season stands at 93, comprising 89 demons, 2 darklighters, 1 wizard and 1 evil witch. For the second season in a row, only a minority (38) are vanquished by the Charmed Ones. Between them, Billie and Christy kill 27, while 25 are killed by other demons, 2 die of a virus and 1 is vanquished by Magic School students.

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, Leo turns up. Good to have you back, mate.

Score: 9.7moreless

wonderfully written,whoever thought of this.

By ogesfiesta, Oct 09, 2010

the girls are stucked in the underworld phoebe piage and christy are dead. its left for the two remaining witches billie and piper to save their sisters.

they both end up summoning the hollow at the same time which spells for disaster. this episode was well written and plotted a good foundation for the finale for once the sisters are faced with real fights not only against evil but their own lives.

i hope billie sees that christy isnt who she claims she is and that the sisters really care for her with the sole aim of fighting evil.

simply expolsive. loved it cant wait to see how they survive from thismoreless

the charmed ones are stuck in the underworld, while billie and christy have taken over the manner, the girls resurface and team up with demons to battle them, the charmed ones end up summnoning the hollow at the same time as billie and christy

By x31msmarvel31x, Oct 09, 2010

the girls are stuck in the underworld and fending off demons, they finally decide to resurface and leave the book of shadows at phoebe's apartment while they go to the manner to make some potions to confront billie and christy, they mix a potion in the attic and finally face off with them, they later team with demons to defeat billie and christy and all of them end up summoning the hollow,

this episode was really good, it sets up the stage for the finale, with christy, paige and phoebe dead, the final battle is over at least until they can all find a way to fix things and save their respective sistersmoreless

Load More Reviews