Muse to My Ears

Episode Reviews (15)

Great

Not a bad one.

By bbch25, Jul 03, 2015

I liked Cole being so nervous all of a sudden and a bit paranoid because he's human and really wants to help still but just can't. I liked him taking the thing out of the oven and burning his hands.

And I didn't think it was suspicious that "Leo" hadn't mentioned the ring of inspiration. He simply told them muses were missing and to go home and read about them in the book. It's not entirely implausible that the ring could've slipped his mind. So I thought it was crap that that is why she realised he was an imposter.

I actually thought Paige wanting to send a HUMAN Cole to the underworld was complete and total crap and was just another way for her character bring out the anti-Cole that she has no for reason: "He is a demon".. no he's not. And yes he knows his way around but besides them thinking he's dead, he has no powers to defend himself which is actually important. And if he's put back on their radar they'll come after him except he'll be human.

I thought it was extremely over the top that Paige could call for the ring based on an image. Piper has a limit to her freezing power, Phoebe doesn't get to choose about her premonitions and can't fly or anything but Paige can summon any single object on this planet based on a rough drawing of it?

"you could try calling for it again" "oh no that won't work he's PROBABLY figured out how to protect it"... but you can't spend that 1 second to call for it anyway just to try?

I thought the whole 40s night thing was a cool subplot. The club looked good.moreless

Muse to My Ears

By TrueTvWatcher, Apr 14, 2012

Muse to My Ears was another perfectly entertaining episode of Charmed and I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of action, drama, intrigue and magic. It was interesting to see Muses in the series and what the Warlock was planning to do with them was a great concept. It was fun watching Cole and Leo working together to help the sisters. It was nice to see Piper taking over as the oldest sister as she was looking out for Phoebe. I liked the ending and certainly look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!moreless

By iltarion, Jul 12, 2011

In what is average Charmed fare, the acting and dialogue carry a somewhat uninspired demonic storyline.

Yes, Cole is human, and that is quite the change for a super demon used to shimmering and throwing energy balls. Props to the writers for handling his dilemma in a very realistic manner, and Julian is excellent throughout, as usual.

This is a fairly rare lighthearted episode for Season 4, featuring a fair amount of a comedy and a warlock who looks like he should be one of Paige's one week boyfriends. The comedy best comes off when the Muse inspires the entire cast; not the first nor the last time a convention similar to this will be used on the show.

As hinted, the warlock, though I do appreciate finally seeing a warlock again, is not especially effective. The notion that this joker could replace the Source is great comedy indeed, and it is hard to believe the Underworld would be looking to regroup so soon when the Source isn't even vanquished.

The ending at the club was a strange scene, but it was great to see Cole and Leo working together once again. This episode also has the shortest possession/impersonation in Charmed history, as amazingly, Piper realizes that Leo isn't Leo in about 5 seconds.

Decent episode that moved Cole's storyline forward nicely.moreless

To Muse or not to Muse, that is the question.

By Lady_Lancaster, Mar 06, 2011

There's quite a bit going on in this episode. First of all, the naughty demons are taking advantage of the fact that The Source seems to be tempoarily on the missing list and some a trying to build a rival faction. Bad idea. He won't like that one little bit.

Meanwhile, lovely Muses are disappearing and being held captive, which means that many a great speech is not being written and there is a lot of writer's block around. It's up to the Halliwells to try and find out where the Muses are being kept so that they can free them, but that isn't as easy as it appears. Meanwhile, what is going to happen when The Source finds out that his own people are plotting against him? Quite a bit, I imagine! He certainly won't be pleased.moreless

Muses make you lose control.

By MovieMark, Jun 20, 2009

Awful, awful title aside, there's actually quite a bit to enjoy from 'Muse to My Ears' (it makes no sense!). Cole is dealing with his life without his powers ('I will not be your houseboy') while Phoebe tries to adjust to the idea of being a wife. And there's a bunch of warlocks stealing powers from demons and taking out muses for their inspiration, but that's less exciting than it seems. The little comedic break where the Muse's presence causes some slight disruption among the ranks of the good guys is quite funny, but there's very little here that could be classed as memorable, if anything at all. Piper's little strobe light idea was a good one, I'll give her that, and the twist, while predictable, worked out in the end, proving that Cole isn't useless. And what's with all of the Cole/Leo bonding, eh? Surely the white-lighter would get into some trouble for leaving his charges and taking a day trip down to the underworld with an ex-demon? Tsk.moreless

An A-"Muse"-ing Episode

By lenzinoH20, Jun 18, 2008

Muse To My Ears-The Halliwell sisters must find a way to release Muses which have been abducted by a warlock who is attempting to build an evil faction in the absence of the Source.

Maybe it's just me, but I always found "Muse To My Ears" a funny episode, while the plot is typical for Charmed, the actors certainly much more entertaining throughout. The whole cast is brillaint when the Muse comes into play, especially when they all full of so much inspiration it exrupts into some hiarlious scenes. From Phoebe's constantly writing to Piper being so in control to Paige's drawing to Cole being so assertive, it all come together so well. Then there was Cole and Phoebe arguing about their issues and it's nice the writers are making Cole's dilemma about being human a factor. It makes Cole and Phoebe's relationship more surreal as both are concern with Cole's safety.

Anthony Starke (Devlin) was also entertaining villian and I loved how he could easily manipulated the other warlocks to play a part in his plans. I also loved the mini-brawl at P3 with the sisters vanquishing some warlocks before going after Devlin. The episode ends on a really touching note with Cole and Phoebe dressed up 40's style and dancing in the middle of P3. It's a beautiful scene that's often forgotten by Charmed fans. All and All, "Muse To My Ears" is a very enjoyable and entertaining that is seen as average fluff my most Charmed fans, but I enjoyed it a lot more than others.moreless

Load More Reviews